Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 301

Thread: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

  1. #91
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,898
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    What, you mean like TWO babies? Shiiiiiit....
    In the classical problem, everything is a certainty by a matter of definition. However, if things were changed from certainties to possibilities then things get fuzzier. Actual probabilities become to the fore
    I may be wrong.

  2. #92
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,898
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The answer is OBVIOUS unless you are attempting to be obtuse and avoid REALITY, honesty and intellectual thinking; the infant child is an innocent and has nothing to do with what occurred, the terrorist isn't innocent and was captured trying to kill troops or innocents.
    What an absurd game you play, but typical from those who want to avoid substantive intellectually honest debate and instead enter into the never ending circle of absurdity.
    LOL!
    I really wasn't trying to whoosh anyone.
    Sorry that happened.
    I wrote clearly enough. But I can't correct the reading.
    I may be wrong.

  3. #93
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,898
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    No, I wouldn't. I'm not a Kantian consequentialista and since that situation would never present itself in reality, it's irrelevant.
    As opposed the ubiquitous ticking time bomb scenario that's used to justify most any type of behavior?
    I may be wrong.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Nothing gives you more confidence then a government more concerned about how your enemies feel about things then the citizens it supposed to protect.
    Amen to that.

  5. #95
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I love watching people apologize for the torture that went on. First they claimed no torture was happening. Then they claimed that the torture that was happening was not violating international law so it was okay. Now that big organizations are slamming the U.S. government for torturing people the usual apologists are coming forth to now minimize the events that took place in the torture sessions.

    Unbelievable. This is exactly why I say that there is no point in believing U.S. propaganda anymore. Its own people have sold out.
    To which I would reply that this wasn't torture, hence our troops receive resistance training to these techniques in SERE school. I'm also sorry that you are unable to listen to reason and appreciate the unique challenge posed by this decentralized, transnational, religiously/ideologically hardened, terrorist organization.

    As it stands, these practices are not illegal under international or domestic law. The CIA works at the edge of the law. It's their job to defend our country. The only way to curb it permanently would be to tighten the law, preferably internationally so that it's reciprocated by our potential adversaries.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    ....or do you want to be the one who goes to the wifes home to tell her that her husband isnt coming home and she has to raise her kids on her own. I have had to do that and I know what way I would decide.
    They will go to the wives and children at home and say the following: “we're sorry to inform you that your husband died from a terrorist attack we didn't know about because we are holding ourselves to a standard our enemies refuse to seek.”

    “However, we can all hold our heads high because your husband died knowing that we are better than our enemies and although we failed to save his life, we did stick to a higher moral standard in the world and set ourselves up as an example.”

    Sound idiotic? You bet it does, and that is the argument Liberals and Leftists throughout the world are making. Our enemies are laughing at us and happy to see Liberals desperately make it will be easier for them to conduct the next attack.


  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Torture doesn't work. If you were really in the business you would know that.
    What fascinating denial! Are you in the business? Because from what I have read, the people in the business say that they do indeed work and stopped other potential attacks.


  8. #98
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    They will go to the wives and children at home and say the following: “we're sorry to inform you that your husband died from a terrorist attack we didn't know about because we are holding ourselves to a standard our enemies refuse to seek.”

    “However, we can all hold our heads high because your husband died knowing that we are better than our enemies and although we failed to save his life, we did stick to a higher moral standard in the world and set ourselves up as an example.”

    Sound idiotic? You bet it does, and that is the argument Liberals and Leftists throughout the world are making. Our enemies are laughing at us and happy to see Liberals desperately make it will be easier for them to conduct the next attack.

    blah blah blah. Why don't you just engage in debate like a normal person instead of trying to make your point through Socratic Irony?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    LOL!
    I really wasn't trying to whoosh anyone.
    Sorry that happened.
    I wrote clearly enough. But I can't correct the reading.
    I guess it was your vast intellectual prowess which makes your witty prose beyond my simplistic ability to read and comprehend.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama Rules Out Charging C.I.A. Agents in Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I love watching people apologize for the torture that went on. First they claimed no torture was happening. Then they claimed that the torture that was happening was not violating international law so it was okay. Now that big organizations are slamming the U.S. government for torturing people the usual apologists are coming forth to now minimize the events that took place in the torture sessions.

    Unbelievable. This is exactly why I say that there is no point in believing U.S. propaganda anymore. Its own people have sold out.
    I love watching people make up arguments to support their inane and naive points of view.

    The only ones who are apologizing for what went on are the empty headed Liberal loons in the Democrat party that now infest our Government.

    The only thing more laughable about this idiotic notion about our torturing terrorists is the equally idiotic notion that coddling them will somehow get them to talk.

    I am feeling so much safer now that the secrets are all out for the terrorists and our enemies to see that they will have Constitutional rights and be coddled should they murder more of our citizens.

    Carry on.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •