Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 86

Thread: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    He would have paved the way. Instead he was concerned about his own ass instead of America.

    He proved he is more concerned about himself than America.

    He could have proven he was FOR America and paved the way for others.
    Amazing, simply amazing.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The point being you are only for the freedom of speech when you agree with it.
    You didn't ask that.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Unless of course if they use their freedom of speech to burn the American flag, then you are against them right?
    I'm opposed to flag burning, not freedom of speech. I don't think flag burning should be illegal, I just wish people be more considerate and respectful of others.

  3. #33
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Nope, not necessary.
    I disagree. Ron Paul was the main opponent of the bailout and this absurd spending the government is doing right now. He voiced his opinions on television and the internet. I thank him for using his air time to speak on issues that matter.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #34
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I disagree. Ron Paul was the main opponent of the bailout and this absurd spending the government is doing right now. He voiced his opinions on television and the internet. I thank him for using his air time to speak on issues that matter.
    He may have been a loud voice, but he was not the only voice. I'm not a libertarian, so I don't worship Ron Paul. He also brings home plenty of bacon.
    Last edited by American; 04-15-09 at 11:29 PM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #35
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He may have been a loud voice, but he was the only voice.
    Do you mean to say that he is or is not the only voice? I am confused. Nevermind, you edited. I agree he was not the only one, but he certainly was a champion for smaller government and less spending, which seems to be what these individuals were protesting for.
    Last edited by First Thought; 04-15-09 at 11:30 PM.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #36
    Advisor don'ttreadonme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    340

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    There was something missing in all these tea parties.....

    Signs that say "Thank you, Ron Paul".
    There were.

    He was at the Clear Lake tea party. I was there.

  7. #37
    Advisor don'ttreadonme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    340

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He may have been a loud voice, but he was not the only voice. I'm not a libertarian, so I don't worship Ron Paul. He also brings home plenty of bacon.
    Does he? I don't worship Paul and, in fact, I'm not even a huge fan mostly because I disagree with him on some foreign policy. But I know he voted against Hurricane Ike aid for his own district.

  8. #38
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by don'ttreadonme View Post
    There were.

    He was at the Clear Lake tea party. I was there.
    Did you get to meet him? How far is Clear Water from Dallas?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #39
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    I went to see one of these rallies with my own eyes today. It was pretty much what you'd expect... Lots of hyperbole, cliches, and mindless slogan chanting... Not my cup of tea (hur hur)...

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    There was something missing in all these tea parties.....

    Signs that say "Thank you, Ron Paul".

    When I went to a get together for the one in my area. I was asked the following:

    1.Who I voted for in both the 04 and 08 elections (Badnarik, and Barr),

    2.Who where my favorite talk show hosts (none of them, I dont listen to talk radio),

    3. Do I support Israel (no and that the nation shouldnt be involved in that centuries old conflict),

    4. Am I aware of the homosexual agenda (dont believe in that "theory")

    5. My views on the Patriot Act (the government has no right to unlawful spying on its citizens)

    6. Various questions on social issues

    At the end of it alot of them called me an secret Obama supporter. One lady said to me that Rush would spit on me. I said to her "Well unlike Rush, my father and two of my uncles (one of them became disabled during the War) had no problems wearing the uniform and serving their country in Vietnam while Rush coward behind an injury. Who then builds a career of being a conservative tough guy against the "evil" liberals who himself is nothing but a phony tough. So being insulted by someone who likes to bark but never bit really doesnt phase me"
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  10. #40
    Advisor don'ttreadonme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    340

    Re: Thousands of Anti-Tax 'Tea Party' Protesters Turn Out in U.S. Cities

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Did you get to meet him? How far is Clear Water from Dallas?
    He was just overrun with people after his speech. I didn't get to meet him but he held my 4 year old and I got a picture of them together. lol (Can't find my card reader to post it as proof. lol )

    He was very gracious. The NBC affiliate interviewed him. They might have some footage later at Houston News, Houston, Texas News, Weather, and Sports - KPRC Local 2 Click2Houston.

    I felt a little bad that my kid got a picture with him when I know of so many people who are part of the "Revolution" who didn't get to do that! (Including my neighbors who were there. lol )

    Clear Lake is a suburban area of Houston -- on the coast. The rally was about 5 minutes away from the Johnson Space Center.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •