Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 205

Thread: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Your desperate attempt to label everything as terrorism is plain for many to see here. I addressed all your "substance". You NEVER addressed anything I wrote. All you did was insult and dismiss and dodge. That's it. Nothing more. Piss poor "debating" at best. You couldn't even combat the FACT that the pirates weren't using fear to get their way, they were holding a hostage. While the hostage would rightfully be terrified, it can't be said to be an act of terrorism as the terror was never a tool for the job.

    But whatever, keep dismissing and dodging and writing nothing.

    Though you are right on your argument being hysterics.
    The only one desperately attempting to label EVERYTHING as terrorism has been you.

    How ironic when you desperately attempt to project that onto others. The only one who has been personally insulted on this thread has been me.

    Carry on; your selective outrage, projection and desperate dramatic hysterics have been noted once again.

  2. #182
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The only one desperately attempting to label EVERYTHING as terrorism has been you.

    How ironic when you desperately attempt to project that onto others. The only one who has been personally insulted on this thread has been me.

    Carry on; your selective outrage, projection and desperate dramatic hysterics have been noted once again.
    Um...if you recall you are the one who got upset that people were referring to them as pirates and not terrorists. In fact, you have mentioned that you think it's a vast conspiracy and have yet to provide any proof for these assertions.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The only one desperately attempting to label EVERYTHING as terrorism has been you.

    How ironic when you desperately attempt to project that onto others. The only one who has been personally insulted on this thread has been me.

    Carry on; your selective outrage, projection and desperate dramatic hysterics have been noted once again.
    Holy ****, I really didn't think your reading skills were so poor. Go read what I said. I used YOUR argument when defining all those non-terrorists as terrorists. That was YOUR logic, YOUR argument taken to the natural conclusions. MY argument is that it's an aggregate effect, that the pirates, the boy, the mugger all can not be called terrorists. That instead terrorism is something much larger, and much more aggregate than what YOU were calling it.

    For the love of all that is holy, learn to read please.

    Again, YOUR argument mugger=terrorist, MY argument mugger=individual crime.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #184
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So now we move from trite to personal insulting and hyperbole; bravo Captain, you're batting 1,000 for trolling.

    The last time I looked, we were on a debate politics forum, not someone's party.

    Carry on; I look forward to more of your simplistic baseless personal insults in an effort to avoid any substantive debate.
    You can't be serious. You throw the first jab out at me and then get your panties in a knot when I humorously respond in kind?

    Go back under your bridge troll. Your tactics don't work with me.

    It's a lovely day in MY neighborhood.










    (Now THAT was a wasted two minutes of my life I will NEVER get back. )

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Of course I can threaten the elders. In fact, they need to be threatened. They are, after all, the ones getting the richest off piracy. As for starting a war....they've declared war on international shipping, in case you haven't noticed. The "war" is already started. What we need to do is finish that war.

    Can't threaten the elders? Nonsense. They can be threatened. They need to be threatened. Find a threat that makes their blood run cold and use it.
    And its your lack of knowledge and understanding of the Somali culture which runs along US and European Governments which renders it pathetic in dealing with Somalia and it's issues.



    The Elders recieve no money from pirating so to accuse them of it with no proof is beyond disgusting.
    The elder of my clan does not profit from pirating and neither does the dozens of others.
    Oh please, a few ships taken = war? How melodramatic.

    Oh and as for killing our elders. US would have just opened the door to Al Qaeda because our elders influence is the only thing that prevents them from Somalia - Helping the terrorists again i see. US's only accomplishments in the Muslim world
    Last edited by Laila; 04-13-09 at 07:02 PM.


  6. #186
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    The Elders recieve no money from pirating so to accuse them of it with no proof is beyond disgusting.
    The elder of my clan does not profit from pirating and neither does the dozens of others.
    Oh please, a few ships taken = war? Oh how melodramatic.
    Hmm....so these sainted elders have nothing to do with the piracy, gain no benefit from the piracy, but are somehow the people empowered to actually tell the pirates to stop. Yeah, this is making a lot of sense.

    If the elders have no power over the pirates then they should not be stepping up to negotiate on their behalf. If they do have power over the pirates then they need to catch a clue and tell the pirates to cease and desist.

    They're part and parcel of the piracy problem, which means they deserve ZERO respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Oh and as for killing our elders. US would have just opened the door to Al Qaeda because our elders influence is the only thing that prevents them from Somalia - Helping the terrorists again i see. US's only accomplishments in the Muslim world
    That would be the same elders that wanted the pirates holding Captain Phillips to not be captured and/or killed, correct? The same elders that with a straight face suggested the pirates simply be allowed to go their merry way?

    The elders are in bed with the pirates and deserve the same fate as the pirates. If they want their culture to survive into the next generation, they'll find a way to persuade the pirates that piracy is not such a grand idea.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Hmm....so these sainted elders have nothing to do with the piracy, gain no benefit from the piracy, but are somehow the people empowered to actually tell the pirates to stop. Yeah, this is making a lot of sense.
    Of course it wouldn't make sense to an American or a Westerner.

    The West, especially in US are so obsessed with individuality, they cannot comprehend other systems where individuality takes a backseat to community.
    Somalis have a tribal/clan system and has been part of East Africa for hundreds if not a thousand years. Each clan has a elder that represents and leads it, we defer to our leader and when something is done. The Elders are the ones with the authority to sort it.

    Inside Somalia over the last 24 years of Anarchy and even in Somaliland where we have 'democracy'. Our Elders are the most important feature.
    Even in Somaliland where we have elections, if something goes wrong. We don't turn to our politicans, we turn to the elders so they can mediate the problem and sort it

    If they do have power over the pirates then they need to catch a clue and tell the pirates to cease and desist.

    They're part and parcel of the piracy problem, which means they deserve ZERO respect.
    To Americans they deserve no respect, No wonder US failed in Somalia if they lack the understanding of a countries culture and treat it like ****.
    And that is why piracy will never stop, they'd shun the only people able to stop it.
    Elders command influence over the locals who are the ones who welcome piracy.


    That would be the same elders that wanted the pirates holding Captain Phillips to not be captured and/or killed, correct? The same elders that with a straight face suggested the pirates simply be allowed to go their merry way?
    Link?

    The elders are in bed with the pirates and deserve the same fate as the pirates.
    Half of me wishes US does kill our elders just so when Al Qaeda has control over Somali waters and the shipping waters i can say 'I told you so' but unfortunately, i like my country and don't want the west destroying it ...


  8. #188
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Elders command influence over the locals who are the ones who welcome piracy.
    So let them use their influence to command the locals to not welcome piracy. Otherwise let them go to hell along with the pirates.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    So let them use their influence to command the locals to not welcome piracy. Otherwise let them go to hell along with the pirates.
    Or else what?
    US does not have no right to dictate to our elders. They are superior in Somalia. Ask politely and wait and see


  10. #190
    Owner/Admin
    Benevolent Dictator Schweddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,512
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Moderator's Warning:
    American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official saysReally don't wanna shut down this interesting and informative thread.

    Keep it civil please.

    You know who you are - there are multiple folks - stop the personal banter else we will be forced to start doling out points.


    (sorry so late)
    If you analyse it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

    I am also known as "vauge".

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •