Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 205

Thread: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Are you going to address my points or continue to derail the thread with personal attacks?
    What points are there to address when you purposely avoid any I post? Your doing nothing but trolling and baiting.

    Dismissed.

  2. #152
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I see you don't read or pay attention to what is being typed; could this be more of your willful denial?

    I clearly stated the Somali Government.

    Here's a clue for those of you who desperately want to avoid the substance of what I am stating which is OBVIOUS; how long do you think US citizens could operate off our shores terrorizing international shipping and taking their crews hostage?

    How long would they last if it were the coast of France, Britain, Canada or Japan?

    Carry on.
    Which one? You do realize that Somalia is in a state of anarchy and de facto governance lies in the hands of warlords and tribal leaders, right?

  3. #153
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I see you don't read or pay attention to what is being typed; could this be more of your willful denial?

    I clearly stated the Somali Government.

    Here's a clue for those of you who desperately want to avoid the substance of what I am stating which is OBVIOUS; how long do you think US citizens could operate off our shores terrorizing international shipping and taking their crews hostage?

    How long would they last if it were the coast of France, Britain, Canada or Japan?

    Carry on.
    What proof do you have that these pirates were operating with full knowledge of the Somali Government? And your above assumption isn't proof.

  4. #154
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What points are there to address when you purposely avoid any I post? Your doing nothing but trolling and baiting.

    Dismissed.
    So you are going to continue with the personal attacks. Duly noted.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    What proof do you have that these pirates were operating with full knowledge of the Somali Government?
    What proof do you have they are not? My argument is logical and clear, and yours is basically this; well you're wrong.

    Once more as I stated earlier and you so desperately avoid:

    ...how long do you think US citizens could operate off our shores terrorizing international shipping and taking their crews hostage?

    How long would they last if it were the coast of France, Britain, Canada or Japan?


    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    And your above assumption isn't proof.
    But your argument is what, proof? What proof do you bring to the debate that they are NOT terrorists operating with the knowledge and with impunity by the Somali Government?

    What level of denial do you have to bring to a debate to suggest that these terrorist thugs can take HUGE ships hostage off their coasts and operate with impunity are doing so without the knowledge and blessing of their Government?

    What level of absurdity does it take to compare what is happening off the coast of Somalia to bank robbers, 7-11 robbers and people with road rage? What level of selective outrage does it take to realize you are doing nothing but trolling and baiting?

    Now run along; I prefer debating someone who actually makes an effort to form a coherent thought than someone who desperately trolls and baits posters with their selective outrage and pre-conceived partisan bias.

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Which one? You do realize that Somalia is in a state of anarchy and de facto governance lies in the hands of warlords and tribal leaders, right?
    If it doesn't suit his purpose he won't realize jack squat.

  7. #157
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What proof do you have they are not? My argument is logical and clear, and yours is basically this; well you're wrong.

    Once more as I stated earlier and you so desperately avoid:

    ...how long do you think US citizens could operate off our shores terrorizing international shipping and taking their crews hostage?

    How long would they last if it were the coast of France, Britain, Canada or Japan?
    Here's your flaw. You're comparing the anarchic state of Somalia to Western countries with strong, organized, central governments, police, coast guard, a justice system, and that sort of thing. These things simply do not exist in Somalia. That's why when the Navy was negotiating with Somali "authorities" they were not on the phone with the "government of Somalia" but with tribal elders.
    Last edited by BulletWounD; 04-13-09 at 02:56 PM.

  8. #158
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    While terrorists and terrorism is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, these pirates were not terrorists. They were pirates, pirates aren't necessarily terrorists. They took hostages to get money, but taking hostages in and of itself doesn't make one a terrorist. The pirates weren't looking to change a system or take over, they wanted money. Thieves, yes. Terrorists, no.
    I agree, these guys are criminals. They may be muslims but there motives are not political or religious. however I do think we should not take any prisoners. Where we going to put them GITMO? No we should kill them with extreme prejudice.Trying them in American courts will allow liberal judges and lawers to drag there cases out for years.

    It took 3 months from the time of Lincolns assasination till Booth was hanging from the gallows. Thats the way it should be, but its not anymore so kill the SOB's. Kill em all.....................
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #159
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What proof do you have they are not? My argument is logical and clear, and yours is basically this; well you're wrong.

    Once more as I stated earlier and you so desperately avoid:

    ...how long do you think US citizens could operate off our shores terrorizing international shipping and taking their crews hostage?

    How long would they last if it were the coast of France, Britain, Canada or Japan?
    I don't need proof because I'm not the one making the assumption. You are and therefore the burden of proof is on you. And restating your assumption still isn't proof.

    But your argument is what, proof? What proof do you bring to the debate that they are NOT terrorists operating with the knowledge and with impunity by the Somali Government?
    Yeah, one needs proof in order to believe something. I'm not going to assume something like you and then suddenly believe it and argue it.

    What level of denial do you have to bring to a debate to suggest that these terrorist thugs can take HUGE ships hostage off their coasts and operate with impunity are doing so without the knowledge and blessing of their Government?
    I'm sorry but that's not much of an argument. Just because you don't see how the Somali government wouldn't be aware doesn't mean that they are aware.

    What level of absurdity does it take to compare what is happening off the coast of Somalia to bank robbers, 7-11 robbers and people with road rage? What level of selective outrage does it take to realize you are doing nothing but trolling and baiting?
    Because their motivation, like robbers, is money. Just because they have a heavy arsenal doesn't mean that they are terrorists. Unless you can prove that they did what they did for political purposes they are still classified as pirates.

    Now run along; I prefer debating someone who actually makes an effort to form a coherent thought than someone who desperately trolls and baits posters with their selective outrage and pre-conceived partisan bias.
    Once again, please quit trying to derail the thread with personal attacks. Thanks.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Which one? You do realize that Somalia is in a state of anarchy and de facto governance lies in the hands of warlords and tribal leaders, right?
    And yet, they have an official Government web site:
    Official Federal government Website for Somalia

    And Government structure:
    Somali President HE. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed

    Somali Prime Minister HE. Ali Mohamed Gedi

    Speaker of the Somali Parliament Shariif Hassan Shiekh Adan

    It begs the question, what part of rogue terrorist regime did you not comprehend in my previous arguments?


    The point I have been making is that they allow this to terrorism to occur and are perhaps benefiting from it; attempting to claim these are pirates is a desperate political ploy to avoid with dealing with the Somali issue. This not just denial on the part of the Obama Administration, but the world and the UN and by calling it simply an act of piracy, it permits these feckless administrations from dealing with the OBVIOUS; a terrorist rogue regime that condones terrorism of the shipping lanes off itís coast.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •