Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 205

Thread: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So you want to compare a hood robbing a 7-11 to attacking international shipping with RPGs and AK-47's with the blessing of their own nation by terrorists?

    It begs the question; you're kidding me right?
    Okay fine use bank robbers as an example that use fully auto AK-47's, re. LA California.

  2. #142
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Don't you get it? If we define everybody as terrorists than the government is free to wage war on anybody they choose in the "War on Terror." My car alarm makes me a terrorist, therefore I belong on watchlists, blacklists, and I am subject to wiretapping and unwarranted search and seizure.
    I agree with you that the term is grossly overused and I personally don't agree that these pirates are terrorists because they aren't doing what they do for political purposes which is pretty much the very definition of terrorism. They are just thieves with a heavy arsenal. However, I think that arguing about silly semantics like this is more appropriate for a different thread because it kind of derails the original thread topic.
    Last edited by Dr_Patrick; 04-13-09 at 02:24 PM.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I never said that this is the end of the story. I'm simply saying that the good news about the guy getting rescued far outshines arguing about stupid bull**** semantics like whether or not its correct to call them pirates or terrorists.
    Because you say so? Do you also think that Somali terrorists can attack shipping and hijack huge ocean going freighters and take them to harbor without the knowledge and blessing of the Somali Government?

    Do you really think this is just a small band of pirates acting on their own to make a buck? I would argue that to have such notions requires willful denial.

    That is the reason I made the argument in the first place; this isnít a case of robbing a 7-11 or road rage. What level of absurdity does it take to make such inane arguments?

    This is an OBVIOUS case of the current administration desperately attempting to use semantics to avoid the REAL issue which is a rogue nation allowing its people to terrorize shipping to fund its terrorism of its own people and neighbors.

    The REAL story is about a rogue Government in Somali that promotes and condones terrorism within its borders and on the seas off its coast and the fact that the UN and the Community Organization of the United States and Europe doesnít want to deal with the issue.

  4. #144
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Because you say so? Do you also think that Somali terrorists can attack shipping and hijack huge ocean going freighters and take them to harbor without the knowledge and blessing of the Somali Government?
    Um..where did I even say that? Why are you trying to create an argument where there is none?

    Do you really think this is just a small band of pirates acting on their own to make a buck? I would argue that to have such notions requires willful denial.
    I didn't say anything about that and I personally think that it kind of derails from the topic at hand which is the American captain getting rescued.

    That is the reason I made the argument in the first place; this isnít a case of robbing a 7-11 or road rage. What level of absurdity does it take to make such inane arguments?
    I don't know because I didn't make any argument like that. You'll have to ask someone who did.

    This is an OBVIOUS case of the current administration desperately attempting to use semantics to avoid the REAL issue which is a rogue nation allowing its people to terrorize shipping to fund its terrorism of its own people and neighbors.
    What reason would the current administration have to do that? This sounds more like an absurd conspiracy theory than anything.

    The REAL story is about a rogue Government in Somali that promotes and condones terrorism within its borders and on the seas off its coast and the fact that the UN and the Community Organization of the United States and Europe doesnít want to deal with the issue.
    Then please tell me what political reasons they would have to hijack the boat because that's what terrorism is.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay fine use bank robbers as an example that use fully auto AK-47's, re. LA California.
    So now you post another lie to support a desperate argument in the vacuum of facts and reality? Do you have any links to support the notion that bank robbers are now using FULLY automatic AK-47ís to conduct their crime sprees?

    Once more you are attempting to compare the actions of terrorists attacking international shipping with the blessing of their Government to bank robbers; what an absurd argument.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Um..where did I even say that? Why are you trying to create an argument where there is none?



    I didn't say anything about that and I personally think that it kind of derails from the topic at hand which is the American captain getting rescued.



    I don't know because I didn't make any argument like that. You'll have to ask someone who did.



    What reason would the current administration have to do that? This sounds more like an absurd conspiracy theory than anything.



    Then please tell me what political reasons they would have to hijack the boat because that's what terrorism is.
    Your obtuse and desperate attempts to avoid the obvious and enter into a never ending circle of futility are noted; carry on.

  7. #147
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So now you post another lie to support a desperate argument in the vacuum of facts and reality? Do you have any links to support the notion that bank robbers are now using FULLY automatic AK-47ís to conduct their crime sprees?

    Once more you are attempting to compare the actions of terrorists attacking international shipping with the blessing of their Government to bank robbers; what an absurd argument.
    What government?

  8. #148
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your obtuse and desperate attempts to avoid the obvious and enter into a never ending circle of futility are noted; carry on.
    Are you going to address my points or continue to derail the thread with personal attacks?

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    It sure is, Devil505. It sure is. Welcome aboard. It's nice to see someone from Mass who isn't a liberal for a change.
    Thanks Chuck!

    I'm liberal on some things (Pro choice, see no problem with gay marriage)
    Moderate on most (hate the bailouts)
    & Conservative on others. (In favor of the death penalty)

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: American captain rescued, pirates killed, U.S. official says

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    What government?
    I see you don't read or pay attention to what is being typed; could this be more of your willful denial?

    I clearly stated the Somali Government.

    Here's a clue for those of you who desperately want to avoid the substance of what I am stating which is OBVIOUS; how long do you think US citizens could operate off our shores terrorizing international shipping and taking their crews hostage?

    How long would they last if it were the coast of France, Britain, Canada or Japan?

    Carry on.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •