Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 172

Thread: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

  1. #31
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    I get it. You hate Islam. Those Christians are sooooo much better
    No I don't hate Islam, and I am not a christian, noob. I recognise that Islam must go through a period of reformation just as Christianity did. Thankyou for your participation and welcome to DP.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  2. #32
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Custom with a precedence in Islam. Muhammad himself. This disgusting so called custom is sanctioned by Islam through the pedophile prophets example.
    So what if it is sanctioned by Islam?

    In this country, the man would be arrested, tried, and imprisoned as a pedophile--no question about it.

    Saudi Arabia is not this country. Saudi law is not US law. Saudi custom is not US custom.

    I do not want them bringing their customs to the US. I therefore stop short of seeking to export our customs to them.

  3. #33
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    So what if it is sanctioned by Islam?

    In this country, the man would be arrested, tried, and imprisoned as a pedophile--no question about it.

    Saudi Arabia is not this country. Saudi law is not US law. Saudi custom is not US custom.

    I do not want them bringing their customs to the US. I therefore stop short of seeking to export our customs to them.
    So then because it is Saudi law which allows pedophilia I should be silent about it if I disagree. I am a proud member of Human Rights Watch and i make it my business when governments condone or promote abuse of the innocent members of there society.

    Home | Human Rights Watch
    Last edited by SgtRock; 04-12-09 at 02:39 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  4. #34
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    If you are not here defending this as you usually do when ever I post anything that is negative concerning muslims or there religion what the hell are you doing. Your own country is changing due to multiculturalism and political correctness. You should be doing everything you can to preserve your heritage and culture but you dont. You appease, you give up who you are out of self hatred and guilt.
    Could you tell me where I said that pedophilia was OK?

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    08-31-09 @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    370

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    So then because it is Saudi law which allows pedophilia I should be silent about it if I disagree. I am a proud member of Human Rights Watch and i make it my business when governments condone or promote abuse of the innocent members of there society.

    Home | Human Rights Watch
    So may I take it that you agree that its a good thing that concerned Saudi citizens have brought this terrible custom to the attention of Authority's, who are doing something to put it right? Heres that link again
    The Ministry of Justice and other government departments are also preparing regulations to prevent the marriage of girls under the age of 14.
    Saudi Gazette - Move to ban underage marriages

  6. #36
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    So then because it is Saudi law which allows pedophilia I should be silent about it if I disagree. I am a proud member of Human Rights Watch and i make it my business when governments condone or promote abuse of the innocent members of there society.

    Home | Human Rights Watch
    Good for you, but why do you post exclusively when it's Muslims doing bad things, and not when it's Indian people forcing a girl to marry a dog or when it's an Italian guy who rapes his daughters during 20 years and have kids with her?

  7. #37
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Could you tell me where I said that pedophilia was OK?
    You didn't, but you are here in this thread and most every thread that points to injustice and evil amongst muslims to try and convince other members that I am an Islamophobe. Why? could it be that you are defending Islam even when it is wrong. Well it is wrong in this instance and it needs to change. Many muslims agree with the fact that it needs to change. Please refer to the link below. Muslims Against Shria is a Islamic reform movement. Check it out. Keep an open mind.

    Muslims Against Sharia
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #38
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    There is a big difference in a prepubescent girl of 8 and a 14 year old. 14 is way to young to get married IMO. But this guy is 47 she is 8, please tell me that you agree that this is just plain wrong.
    Let's ask an American icon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Lee Lewis
    If they are over 13, then they are over the hill.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #39
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    So then because it is Saudi law which allows pedophilia I should be silent about it if I disagree. I am a proud member of Human Rights Watch and i make it my business when governments condone or promote abuse of the innocent members of there society.
    You have the right to speak your mind, and to articulate whatever values you hold dear. I do not seek your silence; I do not desire your silence.

    I will, however, speak my mind, and articulate my values. My applicable value here is that peoples and nations, formed into distinct states and political entities, have the right to order their societies by whatever values they hold dear.

    I do not say marrying 8 year old girls is a good thing, or that it is beneficial to Saudi society; in fact I am quite certain of the opposite. But if a Saudi judge says that the law allows, and said judge is acting as an objective arbiter of the law, then I do say the judge has done the right thing, that he has done his moral duty, and that it is up to the larger community to alter the law if they deem it unjust or immoral.

    I do say that the Saudis have the right to decide for themselves what is just or unjust, what is moral or immoral.

    I do say that you have the right to condemn such practice only because they have right to choose such practice.

    I do say that I will stop short of casting aspersion on Saudis, or on Islam.

    I do say that I will stop short of casting aspersion on the Prophet Mohammed by referring to him as a "pedophile".

    I do say I will stop short of calling people "sick freaks" or claiming that Muslims "demonize" their own faith.

    Thus I say, and thus is my business.

  10. #40
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the desert
    Last Seen
    09-22-09 @ 09:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    No I don't hate Islam, and I am not a christian, noob. I recognise that Islam must go through a period of reformation just as Christianity did. Thankyou for your participation and welcome to DP.
    So, Christianity is all good now?

    stop it, please.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •