Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 172

Thread: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

  1. #11
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    And besides I do not have to demonize Islam. Muslims by there very actions
    (i.e. suicide bombings in the name of Allah, sex with babies like there prophet did, etc.) do a pretty good job of demonizing Islam don't you think?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  2. #12
    That European Guy
    GarzaUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Bub, do you deny that some muslim men follow the example of Muhammad when it comes to marriage of prepubescent girls. And when a 47 year old man consumates a marriage to a 9 year old girl is that man a pedophile?
    The man said in the article he will only consumate the marriage when she hit puberty.

    Even so unfortunately these cases are widespread across the poor world, marriages being arranged and consumated at puberty. It is certainly not confined to the Muslim world, but the Hindu world and the Christain African world (where even slavery still exists to this day). They offend our western sensibilities because we live longer and women have fought themselves for centuries to be our equals. Child marriage is against the law in Saudi Arabia (they signed up to the international charter), so I suspect the marriage will be broken, eventually by the state. The reason why the Saudi court did not at this hearing, is because the mother is not her legal guardian (seperated).

    The question you have to ask youself. Is this widespread in Islam? Or just an extreme example of it?
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." ~ Isaac Asimov

  3. #13
    That European Guy
    GarzaUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    And besides I do not have to demonize Islam. Muslims by there very actions
    (i.e. suicide bombings in the name of Allah, sex with babies like there prophet did, etc.) do a pretty good job of demonizing Islam don't you think?
    Couldn't I (by your logic) say that Christainity is a homosexual peadophile cult because priests/ministers/pastors have had, are having and will have sex with young boys?

    Generalisations, generalisations, generalisations.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." ~ Isaac Asimov

  4. #14
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    No, and yes. I'm not debating about that. I agree with you: it's barbaric.

    It's just that everything that is posted about Islam is about terrorism, honor killings or marriages with young girls. The muslim world isn't only made of terrorists, murders and pedophiles.

    It's as if I started to create dozens of threads about Americans being fat KKK members. There are KKK members and there are fat Americans, but there are also normal people over there
    Members of the KKK claim to be Christains. However the hierarchy of the church does not recognize them as such. In the case of terrorist groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood, Hizbullah, and Hamas who are responsible for the murder of many innocent civillians in Allahs name are in fact recognized by the Islamic hierarchy as brothers in Islam. Do you see the difference?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the desert
    Last Seen
    09-22-09 @ 09:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    It's just a matter of time before someone tries to defend theses retards by saying "But Christians use to do something close".......
    not a defense, just trying to open the peeps eyes to how sick men can be....


    How many Catholic priests abused 8 year old boys or girls without offering a hand in marriage?

  6. #16
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by GarzaUK View Post
    The man said in the article he will only consumate the marriage when she hit puberty.

    Even so unfortunately these cases are widespread across the poor world, marriages being arranged and consumated at puberty. It is certainly not confined to the Muslim world, but the Hindu world and the Christain African world (where even slavery still exists to this day). They offend our western sensibilities because we live longer and women have fought themselves for centuries to be our equals. Child marriage is against the law in Saudi Arabia (they signed up to the international charter), so I suspect the marriage will be broken, eventually by the state. The reason why the Saudi court did not at this hearing, is because the mother is not her legal guardian (seperated).

    The question you have to ask youself. Is this widespread in Islam? Or just an extreme example of it?
    What if she hits puberty at the age of 9 as Aisha did when Muhammad consumated that marriage. Are you ok with that? More importantly as a society should this be allowed? Garza would you consider marriage to an 8 year old? Or like most of the civilized world would you find the thought of having sex with a little girl repulsive and disgusting?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  7. #17
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,525

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Members of the KKK claim to be Christains. However the hierarchy of the church does not recognize them as such. In the case of terrorist groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood, Hizbullah, and Hamas who are responsible for the murder of many innocent civillians in Allahs name are in fact recognized by the Islamic hierarchy as brothers in Islam. Do you see the difference?
    There's no such thing as an Islamic Hierarchy silly. Your argument is lightly threaded at best and completely dishonest at worst. Show me this 'Islamic Hierarchy' that recognizes them. Not only that but show me the head honcho in this Islamic Hierarchy.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #18
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by GarzaUK View Post
    Child marriage is against the law in Saudi Arabia (they signed up to the international charter), so I suspect the marriage will be broken, eventually by the state.
    The question you have to ask youself. Is this widespread in Islam? Or just an extreme example of it?
    The question I have to ask myself is if as you say "Child marriage is against the law in Saudi Arabia" why has the state not removed this child from this pedophile and put his ass in prison where he belongs?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #19
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    So long as the judge is faithfully and objectively ruling on and interpreting Saudi law, he is in the right. So long as Saudi Arabia's law is in compliance with such international treaties as may exist regarding marriage and children as to which the Saudis have become signatories, he is in the right (this is an aspect of international law of which I know very little, and so I do not know if Saudi law in this regard is in violation of such a treaty or no).

    Such unions should never be made lawful in this country, and, I trust, will never be made lawful in this country, but, as Saudi Arabia is a sovereign nation, it is their prerogative as a sovereign nation to order their society in accordance with such values as they deem fitting. That includes marrying off 8 year old girls.

    To say otherwise is to challenge the sovereignty of nations. To say otherwise is to challenge our own sovereignty.

  10. #20
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Saudi judge upholds man's marriage to 8-year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Members of the KKK claim to be Christains.
    I don't care if they're christians or buddhists. The point is that they're Americans. And not all Americans are KKK members.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •