Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

  1. #11
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Nothing, sounds fine to me.
    By the way, this thread is about Somali extremists, not Somali pirates.
    There doesn't seem to be much difference or distinction. Extremist or pirate, the way to deal with them is to put them on the express elevator to Hell.

  2. #12
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What force do you want to use? An invasion of Somalia again? That worked wonderfully last time we tried it.doh
    Yes it did work until weak American people like you and an even weaker president saw video of a dead soldier on CNN.

    Hint, When you put US troops in harms way allow them to complete their ****ing job!

  3. #13
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much difference or distinction. Extremist or pirate, the way to deal with them is to put them on the express elevator to Hell.
    One is politically motivated and is somewhat organized. The other only wants money and has no large-scale organization to speak of. There is a BIG difference.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #14
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    One is politically motivated and is somewhat organized. The other only wants money and has no large-scale organization to speak of. There is a BIG difference.
    Not when viewed through a gun sight.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    Yes it did work until weak American people like you and an even weaker president saw video of a dead soldier on CNN.

    Hint, When you put US troops in harms way allow them to complete their ****ing job!
    Actually, the original "job" was to distribute relief supplies. Clinton was the one who decided to change that to include shooting at warlords.

  6. #16
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    One is politically motivated and is somewhat organized. The other only wants money and has no large-scale organization to speak of. There is a BIG difference.
    Not much difference if they are dead.


    .

  7. #17
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Actually, the original "job" was to distribute relief supplies. Clinton was the one who decided to change that to include shooting at warlords.
    I was referring to disarming the clans.
    What outcome would you have there today if you allowed our troops to hunt down and disarm or kill them?

    After seeing the video on CNN Clinton should have ordered the city to be leveled hunting down Aidid.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    I was referring to disarming the clans.
    What outcome would you have there today if you allowed our troops to hunt down and disarm or kill them?
    I would never have gotten involved in clan conflicts. If clan chiefs interfered with relief efforts, then and only to that extent would I have troops attacking them.

    Let the UN come in and take on the job of building a viable nation-state, or partition it properly so that viable states are the end result.

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    After seeing the video on CNN Clinton should have ordered the city to be leveled hunting down Aidid.
    Agreed. Once Aidid had been eliminated, then US troops could have withdrawn honorably.

  9. #19
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Actually, the original "job" was to distribute relief supplies. Clinton was the one who decided to change that to include shooting at warlords.
    Again,

    We don't get military to distribute supplies-- unless you are looking to put a few rounds into the brains of a few warlords.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  10. #20
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Obama Team Mulls Aims Of Somali Extremists

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Well remember what happened last time the US intervened in Somali. They backed Ethiopian forces who toppled an albeit weak and far from perfect "gov't" that at least had some popular support and most importantly brought a little stability to some parts of the country, to be replaced by complete chaos again and a totally weak and nominal regime.
    Lets not forget it was the Islamic Court Government that stopped pirating
    Last edited by Laila; 04-11-09 at 05:58 PM.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •