Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 282

Thread: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

  1. #191
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh oh oh...so now we're going to move the goal posts from your original statement to something more defined.

    You and an open window...the very definitions of transparency.
    I apologize that you failed to comprehend my initial statement.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #192
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So then they perpetuated it for many years... Not much better.
    Who abolished slavery first? The Americans? Spanish? British? Serious question, as I don't know the answer. I figure it makes a bit of a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nice strawman, please try again.
    Oh so I see. We can go off about how bad slavery was as long as we don't go far enough back to remember that it was blacks who started it themselves.

    You need to learn the definition of straw man, pal.

  4. #194
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So then they perpetuated it for many years... Not much better.
    As did other nations in regard to slavery, an acceptable practice for the era.

    Keep apologizing, it's fun watching you and the others trying to keep the goalposts moving.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  5. #195
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,507

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It is EXACTLY the same. Africans sold other africans as property. Slavery is slavery is slavery is slavery.
    No it is not. Slavery is like anything else has different sects so to speak. To deny this is the height of stupidity.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It doesn't matter if the yard nigger can become a house nigger some day by giving head to the massa' or not. It's still slavery and not something I am willing to stomach.
    Again with the strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I apologize that you failed to comprehend my initial statement.
    I won't apologize for you that you are dishonest and make little sense.

  7. #197
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Yes, you said you would educate them. That's why I questioned your naivete.
    I would WANT to educate them. What are you missing? I also WANT to end world hunger and I WANT a cure for AIDS. That hardly makes it feasible.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No it is not. Slavery is like anything else has different sects so to speak. To deny this is the height of stupidity.



    Again with the strawman.
    Again, you need to learn what a straw man is.

  9. #199
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,507

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh so I see. We can go off about how bad slavery was as long as we don't go far enough back to remember that it was blacks who started it themselves.

    You need to learn the definition of straw man, pal.
    No you do.

    His comment was about slavery in the Americas, nothing else.

    Again nice strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #200
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I won't apologize for you that you are dishonest and make little sense.
    Okay, Jall. Whatever makes you feel good. Interesting that other posters understood me, though.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •