Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 282

Thread: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

  1. #131
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No I don't but you seem to? My people are black, French, Spanish and the list goes on.

    You are ignorant to assume anything you don't know as fact.



    No one cares, you have already shown what you are.
    Facts of the matter remain, even Bill Cosby has tried to get the message out.
    Stop dwelling on the past, especially the past that the young among us have not experienced first hand.
    It is time to take advantage of the MANY opportunities that now exist, that did not exist 3 or 4 decades ago.
    If people won't do that, they get no sympathy from the rest of us...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #132
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Facts of the matter remain, even Bill Cosby has tried to get the message out.
    Stop dwelling on the past, especially the past that the young among us have not experienced first hand.
    It is time to take advantage of the MANY opportunities that now exist, that did not exist 3 or 4 decades ago.
    If people won't do that, they get no sympathy from the rest of us...
    There are still people who wallow in the past who subscribe to the Jackson/Sharpton rhetoric. I'm mainly referring to the ignorant idea that suddenly racism is no big deal or that it doesn't exist because we have a black President. People shouldn't wallow in it, but they also shouldn't bury their heads in the sand and pretend that all is well and that it didn't happen.

  3. #133
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Facts of the matter remain, even Bill Cosby has tried to get the message out.
    Stop dwelling on the past, especially the past that the young among us have not experienced first hand.
    It is time to take advantage of the MANY opportunities that now exist, that did not exist 3 or 4 decades ago.
    If people won't do that, they get no sympathy from the rest of us...
    Did you bother to read what I posted?

    You are so far off the mark it is not even funny.

    I did not say anything even close to what you are saying.

    I do have one thing...

    So we should not dwell on the holocost, or WWII or anything in the past because the new generations "have not experienced first hand?"

    You have got to be ****ing kidding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #134
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You don't want to accept the truth, that's your problem sir. None of those statements are racist. They are fact and perception. Apparently you cannot be reasoned with, you're just like Hatuey. Everyone that isn't black is racist and hates blacks, so you wear your racism armband everywhere you go.
    Fact? Those are unsubstantiated opinions, unless of course you would like to support them with a valid source.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #135
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Again, you run your mouth without the facts. Try reading the thread before jumping in so blindly.
    Well I have certainly read the thread and you and American are an embarrassment.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #136
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Um..I've read your posts in this thread. You hold the same position that you've held throughout. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what you are specifically referring to that is supposed to suddenly make me see your point in a different light.
    Right here:

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt
    Racism & bigotry are not unique to the black race. Racism & bigotry exist all over the world, and know no bounderies. Racism & bigotry will never be eliminated.

    I roll my eyes and shake my head when I hear people like you cling to your Plight of the Black Man stories.

    Get over it already, it's 2009. There's nothing fair about life, or the playing field. You make the most of it, and don't squander opportunity.

    Really, it's that simple.
    It's time to get over the **** that occured in the past. No one cares about slavery, Jim Crow laws or segregation.

    The horse is dead = no more excuses. No one cares, we've heard all the excuses we care to hear in regard to the black community and their problems.

    BlackDog & Hatuey are the epitome of why people could give a rats ass about the plight of the black community.

    It's 2009, blacks can either join the rest of us in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, or they can wallow in the mire of their own self pity.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  7. #137
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Facts of the matter remain, even Bill Cosby has tried to get the message out.
    Stop dwelling on the past, especially the past that the young among us have not experienced first hand.
    It is time to take advantage of the MANY opportunities that now exist, that did not exist 3 or 4 decades ago.
    If people won't do that, they get no sympathy from the rest of us...
    Thank you, you summed it up quite nicely.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  8. #138
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Right here:



    It's time to get over the **** that occured in the past. No one cares about slavery, Jim Crow laws or segregation.

    The horse is dead = no more excuses. No one cares, we've heard all the excuses we care to hear in regard to the black community and their problems.

    BlackDog & Hatuey are the epitome of why people could give a rats ass about the plight of the black community.

    It's 2009, blacks can either join the rest of us in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, or they can wallow in the mire of their own self pity.
    So you are suggesting that black people as a whole are not in pursuit of happiness? This is golden. Keep them coming, Champ.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #139
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Right here:



    It's time to get over the **** that occured in the past. No one cares about slavery, Jim Crow laws or segregation.

    The horse is dead = no more excuses. No one cares, we've heard all the excuses we care to hear in regard to the black community and their problems.

    BlackDog & Hatuey are the epitome of why people could give a rats ass about the plight of the black community.

    It's 2009, blacks can either join the rest of us in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, or they can wallow in the mire of their own self pity.
    Yes, I saw that post. There's a world of difference between being as extreme as Jackson/Sharpton and saying that racism isn't something that people just "get over" and that while they shouldn't wallow in it they also shouldn't bury their heads in the sand and pretend it didn't happen. I personally find it funny and ironic that white people, for the most part, are the ones telling everyone to get over it.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    There are still people who wallow in the past who subscribe to the Jackson/Sharpton rhetoric. I'm mainly referring to the ignorant idea that suddenly racism is no big deal or that it doesn't exist because we have a black President. People shouldn't wallow in it, but they also shouldn't bury their heads in the sand and pretend that all is well and that it didn't happen.
    No one is pretending "it didn't happen". No one wants to forget the past but I also don't think anyone is really inclined to dedicate the whole month of February to wallow in it anymore, either.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •