Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 282

Thread: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

  1. #101
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    Louisiana is a hellhole in the truest sense of the word.
    I live here and love it, so you'll just have to excuse me if I call bull **** on that. We have terrific musicians, incredible food, the most unique culture in the U.S., and some of the friendliest and most hospitable people you will ever meet. Do we have issues we need to fix? yes, but who doesn't.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #102
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My statement is about "cause and effect."

    You and him seem to think there is no cause so we need to just "get over it," this is ignorance at it's best.

    Before you can fix something you have to admit there is a problem. Then and only then can it be fixed.

    PS This does not excuse racism on the part of blacks or criminality, it is merely the symptom of a larger social problem.
    The problem has been admitted since the Constitution and laws and constitutional amendments have been passed. But I'll tell you this, I won't kiss your ass or anyone else's. My family had nothing to do with this slavery business or keeping you and yours from having rights. My parents immigrated here from Germany in 1955. I got called Nazi when I was a kid, nothing I could do about it. As a race you want to separate yourselves from everyone with afro this and afro that, and African American and Qwanza.

    Your people separate yourselves from the rest of America. Instead of melting into the American culture like other immigrants. So in that respect yes I say stop your belly aching. I'm sorry you get discriminated against sometimes, but we have a black president now. Don't tell me it can't be done. My father worked under a black man when he first came here washing pots and pans in a bakery. He worked his way up and made a good livng and is now retired comfortably. He couldn't speak any English, but he learned.

    I'll tell quite honestly how I think most white and asian people feel about blacks. It's the attitude. The attitude that you're owed something. Also enough blacks act agressive and in-your-face trying to promote fear in white people. I'll tell you right now it won't get you anywhere. You know why asian boat people from Vietnam came here with nothing and prospered more than blacks? Because they got right to work, that's why. Ask the asians that settled in Corpus Christi and started fishing businesses what kind of **** they had to put up with from the white fisherman that had been there for over a hundred years. But they made it by persistence.

    You might be prosperous and educated, but you're the exception then, because most of your people (too many of your people) don't share your attitude. Now I'm being honest and serious with you right here. You can accept what I say or not. It's your benefit or loss, but I know I speak for many. I have nothing outside of the general attitude thing against black people, I don't care that you're a black color...makes no damn difference to me. We both should be getting our asses to work be what we can be, and that's the bottom line. The rest is bull****.
    Last edited by American; 04-14-09 at 10:12 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #103
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The problem has been admitted since the Constitution and laws and constitutional amendments have been passed. But I'll tell you this, I won't kiss your ass or anyone else's. My family had nothing to do with this slavery business or keeping you and yours from having rights. My parents immigrated here from Germany in 1955. I got called Nazi when I was a kid, nothing I could do about it. As a race you want to separate yourselves from everyone with afro this and afro that, and African American and Qwanza.

    Your people separate yourselves from the rest of America. Instead of melting into the American culture like other immigrants. So in that respect yes I say stop your belly aching. I'm sorry you get discriminated against sometimes, but we have a black president now. Don't tell me it can't be done. My father worked under a black man when he first came here washing pots and pans in a bakery. He worked his way up and made a good livng and is now retired comfortably. He couldn't speak any English, but he learned.

    I'll tell quite honestly how I think most white and asian people feel about blacks. It's the attitude. The attitude that you're owed something. Also enough blacks act agressive and in-your-face trying to promote fear in white people. I'll tell you right now it won't get you anywhere. You know why asian boat people from Vietnam came here with nothing and prospered more than blacks? Because they got right to work, that's why. Ask the asians that settled in Corpus Christi and started fishing businesses what kind of **** they had to put up with from the white fisherman that had been there for over a hundred years. But they made it by persistence.

    You might be prosperous and educated, but you're the exception then, because most of your people (too many of your people) don't share your attitude. Now I'm being honest and serious with you right here. You can accept what I say or not. It's your benefit or loss, but I know I speak for many. I have nothing outside of the general attitude thing against black people, I don't care that your a black color...makes no damn difference to me. We both should be getting our asses to work be what we can be, and that's the bottom line. The rest is bull****.
    You sound like a racist, plain and simple. I suspect in actuality you are with comments like...

    "I'll tell quite honestly how I think most white and asian people feel about blacks."

    "Your people separate yourselves from the rest of America. Instead of melting into the American culture like other immigrants."

    "Also enough blacks act agressive and in-your-face trying to promote fear in white people. I'll tell you right now it won't get you anywhere."

    "You might be prosperous and educated, but you're the exception then, because most of your people (too many of your people) don't share your attitude."

    Your diatribe sounds like something you would find on Storm Front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #104
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You sound like a racist, plain and simple. I suspect in actuality you are with comments like...

    "I'll tell quite honestly how I think most white and asian people feel about blacks."

    "Your people separate yourselves from the rest of America. Instead of melting into the American culture like other immigrants."

    "Also enough blacks act agressive and in-your-face trying to promote fear in white people. I'll tell you right now it won't get you anywhere."

    "You might be prosperous and educated, but you're the exception then, because most of your people (too many of your people) don't share your attitude."

    Your diatribe sounds like something you would find on Storm Front.
    You don't want to accept the truth, that's your problem sir. None of those statements are racist. They are fact and perception. Apparently you cannot be reasoned with, you're just like Hatuey. Everyone that isn't black is racist and hates blacks, so you wear your racism armband everywhere you go.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #105
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You don't want to accept the truth, that's your problem sir. None of those statements are racist. They are fact and perception. Apparently you cannot be reasoned with, you're just like Hatuey. Everyone that isn't black is racist and hates blacks, so you wear your racism armband everywhere you go.
    My mother is French and my father is black and Native American. I would be hard pressed to be racist against anyone.

    I think you are projecting, but thats just me.

    You take the worst of black society which makes up roughly 15% of blacks in this country and act like they represent the other 85% who are law abiding tax paying citizens like myself. Your comments are ignorant of facts and based on useless anecdotal evidence at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #106
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    I just wish the reporting was better so that we would have a better perspective to discuss, I know more about the weather that day in Homer Louisiana than I do about the relevant facts of the event. We had a police shooting in my city last year, but it was just settled as justifyable, the officer recognized a car as stolen, the suspect tried to flee and was dragging the officer, so the officer fired into the cab, and the suspect got dead. That was a basic summation of the events in my city as per the news story, why don't we have something more concrete here, is it that the reporter is an idiot or does he have an agenda?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #107
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I just wish the reporting was better so that we would have a better perspective to discuss, I know more about the weather that day in Homer Louisiana than I do about the relevant facts of the event. We had a police shooting in my city last year, but it was just settled as justifyable, the officer recognized a car as stolen, the suspect tried to flee and was dragging the officer, so the officer fired into the cab, and the suspect got dead. That was a basic summation of the events in my city as per the news story, why don't we have something more concrete here, is it that the reporter is an idiot or does he have an agenda?
    I think it is along the lines of the police can't give out to much information as the investigation is still on going.

    Some bias maybe, but not certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #108
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    I grew up very poor in east texas, close to Lousiana, in the 60's...my high school was still all white at the time. A few of my friends were racist, and it was clear that they learned it from their parents. On those days when I skipped school and rode the bus into Houston, I saw some of the all black communities and could not understand how people live like that, or how others allow it. I was poor, they were in poverty. There is a big difference.
    Then I joined the navy and saw black on black racism and began to understand that it wasn't and isn't just whitey holding back the black community.
    I don't pretend to understand how people stay in bad situations, especially when there are so many options available today that were not available in my time. It is a common theme among many cultures, even poor whites. All it takes is getting up and out of your comfort zone. Many of us wouldn't think of poverty as a comfort zone, but many accept it. Most of my siblings did, and stayed poor, and to this day I don't understand it...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #109
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think it is along the lines of the police can't give out to much information as the investigation is still on going.

    Some bias maybe, but not certain.
    I tend to think that is probably the issue as well, but I think the reporter could have done a better job of letting us know that instead of creating a whole different perspective around the result.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #110
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I tend to think that is probably the issue as well, but I think the reporter could have done a better job of letting us know that instead of creating a whole different perspective around the result.
    You are probably right. I am trying to give the reporter the benefit of the doubt, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •