Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 187

Thread: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Shhh! Niggers and fags aren't the same silly! Stop giving examples of why mob rule is unacceptable in a democracy that gives all it's members the same rights, privileges etc. through the Constitution.
    Shhh, for the purpose of comparison on civil rights they are since both are a minority being denied rights. As was rightly pointed out to me, the Constitution doesn't grant/give any rights but rather, limits the government.
    Last edited by Slippery Slope; 04-09-09 at 05:58 PM.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Some gays don't help the situation with their audacious displays of flaming faggotry ("Gay Pride Parades")
    Why are you so shaken up by this display? Does it make you feel kinda tingly... down there? get over it, you probably bitch to anyone who will listen about spinning rims or music pumping out of car windows (if it's not billy ray cyrus) and sideways hats... grow up or come out of the closet, whichever it is.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    I'm just saying when people think gay, that's what they think of - total flamers. A lot of gays go a long way to promoting this image.
    So? A lot of people go out of their way to promote an image. If it bothers you it's really your problem, not theirs. I suppose you are disgusted at women exposing their tramp stamp and the top of their "T" strap, right?

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    nothing you say can change the fact that gays and lesbians do not have the same rights as heterosexuals - the right to marry the adult citizen with whom they are in love.
    Nor do polygamists. Why isn't anyone championing their "rights?"

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I completely agree with you here. Whatever the individual states decide, it is none of the Federal government's business. Same with abortion.
    No, this is completely wrong. Individual rights are not subject to the authority of the government, federal or state. If something is a right then the States are duty-bound to uphold it.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    People like this creep me out...

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Heterosexual marriage has been the standard for how long?
    Why?
    When you say heterosexual marriage, what form are you referring to? One man and many wives? The contract for political, social or financial gain?

    When homosexual partners can procreate with one another, I'll be first to grant them the right to marriage.
    I guess any marriage that doesn't result in children should be disallowed or disolved. What's your time line for disolution, 1 year without producing a child? 2 years? Maybe you'd like to be generous and make it 5 years...

    Your *snicker* "argument" was the very first one ever debunked, how can you be so mindless as to continue to use it? You must have forgotten which crowd you're talking to, we're not the Sunday hive mind.

    Where do we draw the line when it comes to marriage?

    Brother & Brother?
    Sister & Sister?
    Brother & Sister?
    Cousins?
    Fathers and daughters?
    Mothers and sons?
    Mothers and daughters?
    Fathers and sons?
    Adults and juveniles?
    Aunts and Uncles with nieces and nephews?
    Grandparents and other immediate family members?
    Animals?
    How about consenting adults? So simple even a xian can understand it... no offense...

    If they "love" each other (the defense for gay marriage)... then why not let everyone marry anyone and anything?
    Yeah, why not? As long as they are consenting adults...

    Where do you draw a line in the sand?
    Consenting adults.
    And if that line in the sand is at Gay Marriage... WHY?
    Why not?

    You're a bigot...
    ...so goes the argument against those who do not support gay Marriage.
    That doesn't quite make sense... how can you be a bigot if you're inclusive?

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Shhh! Niggers and fags aren't the same silly! Stop giving examples of why mob rule is unacceptable in a democracy that gives all it's members the same rights, privileges etc. through the Constitution.
    Psst! What about economic populism? You know, when people vote to take money away from others? Is that okay, too? I mean, since you hate mob-rule so much I figured I'd ask.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No... it's relevant because people want to change the law and the norm of society for millennia, and if this norm is to be discarded on a political whim, what else do you want to discard?
    Our society hasn't been around for millennia so your premise is false. If you mean marriage then you should be aware that the current definition in our country has only been so since around 1879 when polygamy was banned.

    Most of us believe it is between a man and a woman.
    That is our line in the sand.
    That doesn't make you right.

    What is your line in the sand and why?
    Consenting adults. Because you and the government hav eno business sticking your nose in a private citizens private life.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Consenting adults. Because you and the government hav eno business sticking your nose in a private citizens private life.
    Marriage is an invitation for the government to interfere in the lives of its citizens.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Marriage is an invitation for the government to interfere in the lives of its citizens.
    Only because we the people have allowed it to be so... looks like people are starting to want that changed.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Marriage is an invitation for the government to interfere in the lives of its citizens.
    Marriage licenses were first issued to take a census.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •