Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 187

Thread: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

  1. #121
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    The fact remains that Mardi Gras is not a "straight pride" festival and gays celebrate it too.
    holy ****, people do stuff you're uncomfortable with

    you should try Saudi Arabia

    people have the "right" to only see what the "public" considers acceptable there
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  2. #122
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Straight people attend Pride too. What's your point?

    Oh right, you don't have one.
    It doesn't matter. If it were an orientation-neutral orgy like Mardi Gras has become, you might have a point. It's undeniable that the image perpetuated by gay pride parades is detrimental to those gays that do not fit the stereotype.

  3. #123
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    holy ****, people do stuff you're uncomfortable with

    you should try Saudi Arabia

    people have the "right" to only see what the "public" considers acceptable there
    I never said it should be illegal. I'm just saying it's counter-productive.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    We still have illegals drugs, but once libertarians get power everything will be legal and we'll all be able to freely pump herione into our veins while we snort high quality coke?
    What does that have to do with the current conversation? Nothing? Thought so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #125
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,361
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    There is none.
    Heterosexual marriage has been the standard for how long?
    Why?

    When homosexual partners can procreate with one another, I'll be first to grant them the right to marriage.

    Where do we draw the line when it comes to marriage?

    Brother & Brother?
    Sister & Sister?
    Brother & Sister?
    Cousins?
    Fathers and daughters?
    Mothers and sons?
    Mothers and daughters?
    Fathers and sons?
    Adults and juveniles?
    Aunts and Uncles with nieces and nephews?
    Grandparents and other immediate family members?
    Animals?

    If they "love" each other (the defense for gay marriage)... then why not let everyone marry anyone and anything?

    Where do you draw a line in the sand?
    And if that line in the sand is at Gay Marriage... WHY?
    You're a bigot...
    ...so goes the argument against those who do not support gay Marriage.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 04-09-09 at 02:07 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #126
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Most people at one time opposed interracial marriage, was it right to ban it? Your argument says yes. But we're not a strict democracy, this isn't mob rule.[
    QUOTE=Ikari;1057986177]What does that have to do with the current conversation? Nothing? Thought so.[/QUOTE]

    I ask you the same question? I'm just illustrating that you did the same thing.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    People like this creep me out:



    Not people at gay pride parades. I guess evry group has their cross to bear (pun intended).

  8. #128
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    People like this creep me out:



    Not people at gay pride parades. I guess evry group has their cross to bear (pun intended).
    Transvestites freak you out? You're not in the minority.

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Transvestites freak you out? You're not in the minority.
    LOL touche.

  10. #130
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Vermont legalizes gay marriage with veto override

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Heterosexual marriage has been the standard for how long?
    Why?

    When homosexual partners can procreate with one another, I'll be first to grant them the right to marriage.

    Where do we draw the line when it comes to marriage?

    Brother & Brother?
    Sister & Sister?
    Brother & Sister?
    Cousins?
    Fathers and daughters?
    Mothers and sons?
    Mothers and daughters?
    Fathers and sons?
    Adults and juveniles?
    Aunts and Uncles with nieces and nephews?
    Grandparents and other immediate family members?
    Animals?

    If they "love" each other (the defense for gay marriage)... then why not let everyone marry anyone and anything?

    Where do you draw a line in the sand?
    And if that line in the sand is at Gay Marriage... WHY?
    You're a bigot...
    ...so goes the argument against those who do not support gay Marriage.

    .
    Because same sex relationships isnt wrong like incestry and horse "riding" (and not literally) is, thats why. Dont be ignorant by comparing having sex with another animal to same sex relationships, and dont even bother comparing it to incest because unless the other guy is in your family you cant even compare.
    The bigot is you my friend, who cannot make a valid argument against me because your only true concerns behind gay marriage is the fact that your homophobic.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •