Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 277

Thread: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

  1. #1
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY
    4 mins ago

    BINGHAMTON, N.Y. A gunman entered an immigration services center in downtown Binghamton on Friday, shot at least four people and took as many as 41 hostage, according to media reports.

    Mayor Matthew Ryan told the Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin that there was a hostage situation involving a gunman with a high-powered rifle.

    The condition of the victims wasn't immediately clear. A Binghamton police dispatcher who spoke to The Associated Press wouldn't confirm a number of people shot or injured.

    The newspaper reported 41 hostages in the building of the American Civic Association and said apartments were being evacuated.
    Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    OBL 11/24/02

  2. #2
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY
    4 mins ago



    Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY
    Reach into my backpack, draw my firearm, place a round center mass, reset and be ready to fire again.


    Oh wait, this is New York, they don't want people to be able to defend themselves... My bad.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  3. #3
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Reach into my backpack, draw my firearm, place a round center mass, reset and be ready to fire again.


    Oh wait, this is New York, they don't want people to be able to defend themselves... My bad.
    The faulty premise behind gun control is that the police are 100% effective in preventing or interrupting gun violence.

    They can't be 100% effective, that's why a well armed and practiced citizenry is needed.

    OBL 11/24/02

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Come on, can we get even a couple posts into this and figuring out whats going on before it becomes a "guns are bad" "Guns are good" rant fest.

    What a horrible situation, regardless of how it came about. Anyone in New York maybe getting more up to the minute news?

  5. #5
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    The faulty premise behind gun control is that the police are 100% effective in preventing or interrupting gun violence.

    They can't be 100% effective, that's why a well armed and practiced citizenry is needed.
    One of the main reasons I goto competitions, and the range, quite frequently.

    In regards to what's happening there, it's pretty ****ty... and I hope the people involved come out okay.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  6. #6
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Come on, can we get even a couple posts into this and figuring out whats going on before it becomes a "guns are bad" "Guns are good" rant fest.

    What a horrible situation, regardless of how it came about. Anyone in New York maybe getting more up to the minute news?
    How many of these situations do you have to witness/endure to realize that there is nothing more we can do but say,"what a shame and I feel for the victims and the bastard who did it is insane or worthy of some intense punishment"?

    Then, after that is said, we get into the political rant.

    Do you feel the need for the perfunctory public display of regret each time?

    I'd say it is assumed that we all feel a sense of regret and loss.

    OBL 11/24/02

  7. #7
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    How many of these situations do you have to witness/endure to realize that there is nothing more we can do but say,"what a shame and I feel for the victims and the bastard who did it is insane or worthy of some intense punishment"?

    Then, after that is said, we get into the political rant.

    Do you feel the need for the perfunctory public display of regret each time?

    I'd say it is assumed that we all feel a sense of regret and loss.
    I actually find it startling that I'm agreeing with you today.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    How many of these situations do you have to witness/endure to realize that there is nothing more we can do but say,"what a shame and I feel for the victims and the bastard who did it is insane or worthy of some intense punishment"?

    Then, after that is said, we get into the political rant.

    Do you feel the need for the perfunctory public display of regret each time?

    I'd say it is assumed that we all feel a sense of regret and loss.
    I understand and agree completely in regards to the "i feel bad for them". Yes, I get that it is almost redunant.

    But the news in question is still going on, with likely more updates coming out. And while watching the same old debate between the same old people on this forum about "well if he had a gun" and "well if we banned guns" before all or even MOST of the facts are even out may seem fun, personally I'd PERSONALLY rather see actual updates about the NEWS in the breaking news post right now than see it buried under "Guns are good / Guns are bad" debate number #258.

    That said, just my opinion. People want to discuss it, no problem, was just expressing my opinions on the situation. I'll happily go find fox news or cnn's website and keep up to date on it there and come back in when people are actually debating about this issue with actual facts instead of off the cuff emotion.

  9. #9
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I understand and agree completely in regards to the "i feel bad for them". Yes, I get that it is almost redunant.

    But the news in question is still going on, with likely more updates coming out. And while watching the same old debate between the same old people on this forum about "well if he had a gun" and "well if we banned guns" before all or even MOST of the facts are even out may seem fun, personally I'd PERSONALLY rather see actual updates about the NEWS in the breaking news post right now than see it buried under "Guns are good / Guns are bad" debate number #258.

    That said, just my opinion. People want to discuss it, no problem, was just expressing my opinions on the situation. I'll happily go find fox news or cnn's website and keep up to date on it there and come back in when people are actually debating about this issue with actual facts instead of off the cuff emotion.
    CNN is reporting from 4 to 12 dead and the situation may or may not be over with two suspects in custody.

    You can stream CNN or Fox News here:

    BlinkoTV | FREE iPTV Broadcasters
    Last edited by bhkad; 04-03-09 at 03:21 PM.

    OBL 11/24/02

  10. #10
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That said, just my opinion. People want to discuss it, no problem, was just expressing my opinions on the situation. I'll happily go find fox news or cnn's website and keep up to date on it there and come back in when people are actually debating about this issue with actual facts instead of off the cuff emotion.
    After you say "wow this is terrible"... what issue -is- there to debate?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 04-03-09 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •