Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 277

Thread: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

  1. #31
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I don't see that it's so simple. If you exercise your constitutional right to overthrow the government with your constitutionally protected weapon, obviously you will intrude on some other citizen. That citizen may be a federal law enforcement officer or it may be a civilian who is unfortunately in the line of fire. Are those citizens not casualties of war?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I get it fine. What you don't get is that if citizens have the constitutional right to bear arms and overthrow the government, you may not agree with the time and place that they decide to do it.
    This is seriously the worst line of argument imaginable.

    In the hypothetical world where a group of people DID try to overthrow the government, the government would certainly consider them criminals/murderers as well.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Take your hyper partisan idiotic rambling somewhere else, will you? Seriously, it'd be one thing if you were talking about ANY facts of this case but you're not. You're making idiotic assumptions on zero facts save for your own asinine stereotypes and emotional fueled garbage.

    Come on Will. Back your **** up. Show me some fact saying this had ANYTHING to do with over throwing the government or are you just blowing this out of your hyper partisan blowhole?

  3. #33
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Take your hyper partisan idiotic rambling somewhere else, will you? Seriously, it'd be one thing if you were talking about ANY facts of this case but you're not. You're making idiotic assumptions on zero facts save for your own asinine stereotypes and emotional fueled garbage.

    Come on Will. Back your **** up. Show me some fact saying this had ANYTHING to do with over throwing the government or are you just blowing this out of your hyper partisan blowhole?
    There have been plenty of similar cases where the government believed he was engaged in revolution. Timothy McVeigh was one. Was he wrong? Was he ahead of his time? Was he exercising his constitutional right? How many gunmen must decide to incite revolution before you consider that revolution to be legitimate?

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Then if you want to start a new thread about it, do so. Stop derailing this one about a hypothetical situation that may or may not have anything to do with this unless you have some facts to back it up. Last I checked, this wasn't about McVeigh

  5. #35
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Then if you want to start a new thread about it, do so. Stop derailing this one about a hypothetical situation that may or may not have anything to do with this unless you have some facts to back it up. Last I checked, this wasn't about McVeigh
    No, it's about guys making a personal decision to take a firearm and kill as many innocent people as possible. And somehow, all of you are able to distance that behavior from your own strongly held beliefs that ownership of firearms is not only a privelage, it is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. My point is that if you insist every American has the right to own whatever guns he wants, then you shouldn't be surprised by the surge in violence we have seen as the economy worsens and gun owners get more desperate. You have sown this harvest, now take responsibility for it.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    ....sooo, no facts. Talking out your ass. Typical hyper partisan rantings. Got called on it. Now back peddling. Still no facts to back up your idoitic claims.

    Good, got that sorted out. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss some part of the news story. Good to see I didn't, you were just talking out of your ass for the better portion of all your posts in this thread.

    So anyone else have any actual news on this? Any indications that being laid off somehow contributed? What's the news with the two guys taken away in cuffs?

  7. #37
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    No, it's about guys making a personal decision to take a firearm and kill as many innocent people as possible. And somehow, all of you are able to distance that behavior from your own strongly held beliefs that ownership of firearms is not only a privelage, it is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. My point is that if you insist every American has the right to own whatever guns he wants, then you shouldn't be surprised by the surge in violence we have seen as the economy worsens and gun owners get more desperate. You have sown this harvest, now take responsibility for it.
    Wow.. cause if he didn't have a gun he would think to himself... "Well hell, not much I can do without my trusty firearm.. I might as well pack it in for the night."

    WRONG, he'd take his car, and a knife, drive into a crowd and start cutting people.. killing 17 people with a car and a knife... like the guy in Japan did.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I don't see that it's so simple. If you exercise your constitutional right to overthrow the government with your constitutionally protected weapon, obviously you will intrude on some other citizen. That citizen may be a federal law enforcement officer or it may be a civilian who is unfortunately in the line of fire. Are those citizens not casualties of war?
    This is terrorism not self protection from a tyrannical government.

  9. #39
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    This is terrorism not self protection from a tyrannical government.
    and you don't even see the hypocrisy in that statement.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    This is terrorism not self protection from a tyrannical government.
    We don't know WHAT this is. Don't get sucked into Will's obvious attempt to bait and derail with his trolling ways. No facts have came out yet that this has anything to do with political motivation or attempting to use force and fear to push a political agenda of some kind. Could it be a terrorist act? Sure. It could just as easily simply be a criminal act.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •