Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 277

Thread: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

  1. #261
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Afraid to post links?
    Must you always be insulting? You could have simply asked for links.

    I'll be glad to post some later, after I get some IRL things done.



    G.

  2. #262
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    You indicate that your only intrest in the thread was in denying that the victims were to blame for not resisting the shooter. While I think it is unfortunate that no one was prepared and able to stop the nutcase, I agree that blaming the victims is inappropriate. However, you comments went beyond this simple issue into larger issues about carrying guns, and disparaging remarks about armed citizens. I thought you might wish to present your position in a clear and unequivocal manner and debate the larger issue. If you do not wish to, then don't.

    G.

    Typical blindedness and intellectual dishonesty. He didn't make a statement about "armed citizens." He made a side step commentary on ONE PERSON stating he carries wherever he is "...irregardless." But you want to change his post and dishonestly claim he was making a comment about "All" armed Citizens? This is an example of why some gun supporters are not respected. Why should anyone respect a group with a pattern of being more dishonest than used car sales lots?

  3. #263
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Must you always be insulting? You could have simply asked for links.

    I'll be glad to post some later, after I get some IRL things done.



    G.

    Looked to me like that laundry list came from a pro-gun site and the post was simply a copy/paste plagiarism job. How in the world could you have had time to look all of that up but suddenly "irl things" prevent the posting of a couple of links? Also, stop whining. Asking if someone is afraid to post links isn't meant to be insulting. It's meant to point the obvious practice of plagiarism. If you can't handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen.

  4. #264
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Typical blindedness and intellectual dishonesty. He didn't make a statement about "armed citizens." He made a side step commentary on ONE PERSON stating he carries wherever he is "...irregardless." But you want to change his post and dishonestly claim he was making a comment about "All" armed Citizens? This is an example of why some gun supporters are not respected. Why should anyone respect a group with a pattern of being more dishonest than used car sales lots?
    You have no room to talk about intellectual dishonesty. Several of your statements above are erroneous. No surprise, since you've demonstrated similar behaviors elsewhere, along with your trademark of insulting all who disagree with you.

    Frankly, most of your posts are not worth bothering to read, let alone answer. You seem to have more intrest in being unpleasant and snide than in honest debate.

  5. #265
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Looked to me like that laundry list came from a pro-gun site and the post was simply a copy/paste plagiarism job. How in the world could you have had time to look all of that up but suddenly "irl things" prevent the posting of a couple of links? Also, stop whining. Asking if someone is afraid to post links isn't meant to be insulting. It's meant to point the obvious practice of plagiarism. If you can't handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
    More intellectual dishonesty. Plagarism would be if I quoted others and claimed those thoughts were my own original work. I put them in QUOTES, so even someone as dim as you would realize they were QUOTES.

    Again, you demonstrate that you are more intrested in trying to be a pain in the ass than in honest debate. You aren't worth bothering with.

    Now if you'll pardon me, I need to take off the trash, which is much more productive than trying to have a conversation with you.

    G.
    Last edited by Goshin; 04-11-09 at 04:13 PM.

  6. #266
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Hey Goshin, surprised you had the audacity to return to the thread at all. Did you think if you waited long enough what was said earlier would be forgotten? Rev. Hell. makes these statements:

    (Posted by RH)

    "Here 14 people let themselves get shot, not only was no one armed, but words like "cower" and "hid" are the words used here. it dismays me to know end that we teach ourselves to be meek when the wolf comes for the slaughter....

    Like the VT tech thing, we have neutered the people and prepared them for the slaughter......"

    Then when he accuses others of being dishonest I quoted what he said and proved how he described any and all victims as "meek" then you come along, IGNORE his posts, quote one of mine and whine about:

    (Posted by Goshin)
    "Who said carrying a gun, and being willing to use it in defense of innocent life, means you can't be meek? Being meek isn't about being a victim of any scumbag who wants to take what you have, be it your wallet, your spouse or your life. Being meek is about humility, kindness, selflessness, not returning insult for insult, not escalating situations though pointless displays of anger. Packing a gun doesn't mean you can't do all that. In point of fact I'd daresay the average lawful permit holder is probably more polite and "meek" than those who don't carry, in my experience.

    In any case SkyCore, I haven't seen any evidence here that you qualify as "meek". You've done too much namecalling and flung too many insults to qualify. An intresting point I've run across is how many self-labeled "pacifists" run their mouth freely, insult others freely, engage in verbal and emotional abuse of others...while at the same time screaming angrily "I'm against violence!!" I think, instead, such persons wish to control the level and type of violence they engage in, but "meek" isn't the word for them."


    So not only do you IGNORE the fact he described the victims as meek sheep being neutered for the slaughter, just so you can pontificate, but you also falsely accuse me of claiming to be meek. What a freaking joke. Even after Rev. Hell. points out he was the one that brought up "meek" you brush aside your own ****-up. You've joined the ranks of those who's posts aren't worthy enough to care about because even when busted on being dishonest and/or making a mistake you try to blame others.

  7. #267
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    More intellectual dishonesty. Plagarism would be if I quoted others and claimed those thoughts were my own original work. I put them in QUOTES, so even someone as dim as you would realize they were QUOTES.

    Again, you demonstrate that you are more intrested in trying to be a pain in the ass than in honest debate. You aren't worth bothering with.

    Now if you'll pardon me, I need to take off the trash, which is much more productive than trying to have a conversation with you.

    G.

    Lol. If you C+P a list like that but fail to link the source that put all of the quotes together THAT IS PLAGIARISM. But pull up your pantyhose, take out the gargbage, and whine some more about how insulting iam. I'm going to the store, are you almost out of Kleenex? For all the bitching you do about others being insulting it seems you fail to realize iam simply calling out the BS. As proven above, you claim iam not meek even though I have never claimed to be meek. That's an example of the BS iam calling out and if you can't handle it, then don't respond.

  8. #268
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Lol. If you C+P a list like that but fail to link the source that put all of the quotes together THAT IS PLAGIARISM. But pull up your pantyhose, take out the gargbage, and whine some more about how insulting iam. I'm going to the store, are you almost out of Kleenex? For all the bitching you do about others being insulting it seems you fail to realize iam simply calling out the BS. As proven above, you claim iam not meek even though I have never claimed to be meek. That's an example of the BS iam calling out and if you can't handle it, then don't respond.

    Sigh. I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but you really are a PITA.

    There is no "one source that put all the quotes together". They came from several sources. I didn't save the links, so looking them all back up again is going to be a PITA and I have other things to do right now. I'll do it later, if I bother with it at all, since you'll just twist things to suit your purposes like always.

    Skycore, the problem I have with you is, spin it any way you want, you're a troll. Instead of honest debate, you look for opportunities to be an ***hole. Instead of addressing the content of the information I posted, you choose to beyotch about not having links. Did you look up any of the studies quoted, and see for yourself? If there's two ways to say something, one of them polite and the other annoying, you invariably choose to be annoying. It's like trying to debate a smart-mouth Middle School kid.

    I forgot the first rule of the Internet: Don't Feed The Trolls.

    I don't normally use the Ignore function, since I prefer to debate honestly with those who disagree with me; but since that is impossible with a bitterly hateful, passive-aggressive troll, and you're not worth wasting time and blood pressure over...

    You're Ignored. Bye now. Have a nice life.

    G.

    __________________________

    Jerry's sig line:
    Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    As a smaller and smaller portion of young men have ever experienced being punched in the mouth, they appear to be growing mouthier and mouthier.
    Last edited by Goshin; 04-11-09 at 05:53 PM.

  9. #269
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Sigh. I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but you really are a PITA.

    There is no "one source that put all the quotes together". They came from several sources. I didn't save the links, so looking them all back up again is going to be a PITA and I have other things to do right now. I'll do it later, if I bother with it at all, since you'll just twist things to suit your purposes like always.

    Skycore, the problem I have with you is, spin it any way you want, you're a troll. Instead of honest debate, you look for opportunities to be an ***hole. Instead of addressing the content of the information I posted, you choose to beyotch about not having links. Did you look up any of the studies quoted, and see for yourself? If there's two ways to say something, one of them polite and the other annoying, you invariably choose to be annoying. It's like trying to debate a smart-mouth Middle School kid.

    I forgot the first rule of the Internet: Don't Feed The Trolls.

    I don't normally use the Ignore function, since I prefer to debate honestly with those who disagree with me; but since that is impossible with a bitterly hateful, passive-aggressive troll, and you're not worth wasting time and blood pressure over...

    You're Ignored. Bye now. Have a nice life.

    G.

    Geez. Guess I shouldve picked up a case of Kleenex for you. The self righteous pontificating is funny as hell in the face of proving you put words in others' mouths then make criticisms on things they haven't said.
    Last edited by SkyCore; 04-11-09 at 06:05 PM.

  10. #270
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This completley muddles your point. obfuscation? What is your point here? I already suggested this.
    And I'm agreeing with you, but with some small modifications and clarifications.




    So again, I ask, are these peoples victims of thier instinct? and there is no hope of society to break this? or do you see no problem with people "freezing"
    I am not assessing the "freeze" scenario. You are. Are you of the opinion that the "fight" response is the only appropriate reaction? If so, I reject that. All responses are instinctual and have a value based on the situation.

    how about you stick to the psychology side, and I will concentrate on the tactics side.

    Sure it may draw more attention, but standing there made these people more deader.
    Perhaps, but perhaps not. You are looking at this situation as if those that were killed knew what was going to happen. They had no idea how many bullets the gunman had. With the lack of this information, drawing attention to oneself would not be prudent.


    it is shocking to see people actually advocating capitulation and freezing.
    Since I am not advocating anything, and not what you are saying above, you are either speaking to someone else, or not addressing my point.

    The best? really? I pity you. you have "given up" and the wolf is no where is sight....

    "instinctivly" the best thing to do, is to win this gunfight by all means neccessary...


    please tell me, how was it the "best" for lets say 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 to sit there and wait to be shot? they just saw what 1-9 got... how was this the "best of a no-win situation".......


    This mindset is so pitiful.....
    You are missing the entire point, Reverend. Completely. The best situation was decided instinctively, based on personality and situation. You do not know the personalities involved. And based on the situation, freezing may have been the best response. You seem to be stating that this is a learned behavior. It is not. As you said so well, you stick to tactics, I'll stick to psychology.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •