Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 277

Thread: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

  1. #171
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    You remind me of the Gen. Bethlehem from the Postman

    No thanks pal, I got my own guns and ammo. We need these thing out in the desert, dont we?
    Shooting in the desert sucks during the summer time.

    Winter time here is perfect for training. :P
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  2. #172
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    I have to keep many of my AR-15's restrained in the safe... I had one wander down the street the other day.. I found it on the slide at the playground... Go figure.
    Good thing you caught it before it murdered all those innocent kids!!

  3. #173
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the desert
    Last Seen
    09-22-09 @ 09:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Good thing you caught it before it murdered all those innocent kids!!
    Good thing you caught it before it murdered all those sheeple!!

    There, fixed it for you.

  4. #174
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Good thing you caught it before it murdered all those innocent kids!!
    No ****.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  5. #175
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Shooting in the desert sucks during the summer time.

    Winter time here is perfect for training. :P



    Right now is always the perfect time to train.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #176
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I didn't. This would be a straw man.

    number 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17, now that's a different story. At some point we all have to take charge of our lives.

    He fired 89 shots. he had to reload. This is a pause. Why did no one take that opportunity to try and save themselves?

    It is tragic.





    It is disturbing. It is more disturbing though that 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 may not have put up a fight.




    If you notice, I am not being political at all, I have actually tried to take the gun as a defense tool out of the equation to highlight what I see as a major problem with our society today.

    Okay, I admit it. I was fooled into believing this was a genuine account. However, it has now become clear this is a parody. It has to be. The posts in this thread alone show the goal here is to show what it would look like if "Percy" from The Green Mile were active on a message board. It is that kind of character, and only that kind, that would put the victims on trial.

  7. #177
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm pretty good at reloading my firearm(s) under duress.. but I've trained for a very long time on that..

    your average joe, not so much.

    The fact of the matter is there were probably HUNDREDS of people in the area... that could have stopped this person at any given time while he was reloading. They all chose not to help, so they're in my opinion just as much at fault as the person pulling the trigger.

    Even with a gun, 5-6 people can disable 1 person... all it takes is people with some ****ing guts and respect for their fellow man.
    Which one first? (The sarcastic one) Has the DA in NY been called yet so all those accessories to murder can be arrested? If they're just as much at fault then they should be put on trial.

    Iam also guessing most in this gun crowd making these comments have never faltered in believing the Bush admin about 9E. So I am wondering...how did it go when the victim's families were contacted to gripe about how wimply the passengers and pilots were to let some hobos with box cutters hijack planes? Did they receive the criticisms well and immediately sign up for the Sheep Survival Course?

    This stuff is too freaking bizarre.

  8. #178
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Which one first? (The sarcastic one) Has the DA in NY been called yet so all those accessories to murder can be arrested? If they're just as much at fault then they should be put on trial.

    Iam also guessing most in this gun crowd making these comments have never faltered in believing the Bush admin about 9E. So I am wondering...how did it go when the victim's families were contacted to gripe about how wimply the passengers and pilots were to let some hobos with box cutters hijack planes? Did they receive the criticisms well and immediately sign up for the Sheep Survival Course?

    This stuff is too freaking bizarre.
    I have a feeling most of these Rambos have never actually been in a situation where everyone in the room was being methodically killed. It makes them feel like he-men to lecture how easy it would have been for the victims to overpower the shooter.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Referring to innocent victims as "sheep", insisting violence would decrease if everyone carried guns in spite of evidence to the contrary,
    What evidence to the contrary? What's the evidence in this case? 100% of victims were unarmed. Same with V-Tech, same with the Luby's Cafeteria incident, same with Columbine High School....

    What is known is that predators really enjoy themselves when the prey can't bite back.

    Market economics indicates that the more risky a venture, the fewer people will try it.

    Put those together, and it becomes apparent that there will be fewer shooting rampages when the shooters begin to realize that the chances are good that the prey species has learned how to bite back, ie, shoot. Also needed is the elimination of the ignorant awe the gun-grabbing elitists feel towards guns, an awe that is shared by the ignorant children who wind up doing these rampages.

    Back in the old days, before diseased liberals started succeeding in their push to disarm America for an easy takeover, people had guns. Big deal. Little Joe Jr wasn't going to take Daddy's gun to school and impress his classmates with it....their dads probably had bigger guns. So, when everyone had easy access to firearms...diseased liberal shooting rampages didn't happen.

    That's a damn hard historical fact for you people to get past, now isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Gun owners cannot join the discussion about keeping weapons out of the hands of deranged people because to do so would enter the "slippery slope" of gun control, which must end with federal confiscation agents at the door.

    Quite simply, these people cannot discuss the issue. So it will be decided without them.
    Frankly, you people won't accept the solutions needed to do the job effectively.

    Assuming the deranged person is under professional care, if his shrink feels he's a threat to others, he needs to be locked up. Or the shrink can share some portion of the blame for what happens.

    Alternatively, potentially violent patients, including those reliably on their meds, need to be tattooed inconspicuously on their foreheads, with one of those international "NO" circles, so legitimate gun dealers will be aware of them. Using transparent but UV flourescent dyes would do the trick.

    Alternately, we remove their fingers. They can have substitutes back when their mental health is restored.

    What can't be done is to violate the basic human rights of the rest of society because some people can't grow up. There's a specific and practical reason the Second Amendment guarantees individual gun ownership. Read Federalist 28.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I have a feeling most of these Rambos have never actually been in a situation where everyone in the room was being methodically killed. It makes them feel like he-men to lecture how easy it would have been for the victims to overpower the shooter.
    Or....maybe we have been in situations where fighting is the correct answer, and passed the quiz.

    Is someone is willing to stand around and wait his turn to get shot, what does he deserve, really?

    Certainly not pity.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •