Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 277

Thread: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

  1. #161
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    The point is that the attacker will always have the upper hand in these types of situations because the attack is not expected. How does a receptionist defend against a person who pulls out a gun and blows them away? The receptionist could have had a gun in the drawer and it would not have helped. To call this victim a sheep is absurd.

    I find it disturbing that you even questioned if some blame should be put back on the victims. I find it funny that you highlight some of the victims names who you think could have defended themselves without even knowing what happened inside the classroom. I have not seen any reports of anybody describing what happened in the classroom, have you? Who is to say that they did try to rush the killer and were shot trying? Perhaps you have read something I have not?

    I agree with Zyphin that this has been politicized before any details have been released.
    Referring to innocent victims as "sheep", insisting violence would decrease if everyone carried guns in spite of evidence to the contrary, insisting that guns cannot kill because they are inanimate objects, comparing firearm deaths to highway fatalities...these are all the last, desperate excuses of an untenable position. Gun owners cannot join the discussion about keeping weapons out of the hands of deranged people because to do so would enter the "slippery slope" of gun control, which must end with federal confiscation agents at the door.
    Quite simply, these people cannot discuss the issue. So it will be decided without them.

  2. #162
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the desert
    Last Seen
    09-22-09 @ 09:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    That's the victim's mentality... "not me, why me, thank god it wasn't me.".

    **** people who wouldn't take every opportunity they could to help others in such a situation, they deserve their death... when it comes to them.. that's called karma.

    I'd rather die on my feet trying, than be gunned down like some pathetic ass pussy cowardly begging for my life.
    Tough guy I see.

    compassionate as well

    You make assumptions without facts. Seems to be the norm here.

  3. #163
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    No straw man.


    You criticize my comment as a straw man then post this? Then you justify it by "may have not put up a fight" The fact is you dont know if they put up a fight and have decided to to assume that they did not....

    The 89 shots is also a laugher. He could have incapacitated all of his victims without reloading, reloaded and started firing at will....I cant believe you used this as another attack on the victims to paint them as sheep.
    I'm sorry, I'm pretty good at reloading my firearm(s) under duress.. but I've trained for a very long time on that..

    your average joe, not so much.

    The fact of the matter is there were probably HUNDREDS of people in the area... that could have stopped this person at any given time while he was reloading. They all chose not to help, so they're in my opinion just as much at fault as the person pulling the trigger.

    Even with a gun, 5-6 people can disable 1 person... all it takes is people with some ****ing guts and respect for their fellow man.
    Last edited by stevenb; 04-08-09 at 04:52 PM.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  4. #164
    ****
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rentin way too much space in your head
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    77,461

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Referring to innocent victims as "sheep", insisting violence would decrease if everyone carried guns in spite of evidence to the contrary, insisting that guns cannot kill because they are inanimate objects, comparing firearm deaths to highway fatalities...these are all the last, desperate excuses of an untenable position. Gun owners cannot join the discussion about keeping weapons out of the hands of deranged people because to do so would enter the "slippery slope" of gun control, which must end with federal confiscation agents at the door.
    Quite simply, these people cannot discuss the issue. So it will be decided without them.



    Do you ever debate honestly?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #165
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    Tough guy I see.

    compassionate as well

    You make assumptions without facts. Seems to be the norm here.
    Not a tough guy, but I refuse to cower in the corner like a pussy and become a statistic like others.

    Assumptions without facts? if he had any other devices / deterrants with him.. MAYBE your incapacitate argument would hold.. but, no articles mention that... and they'd be all over that ****.

    The plain and simple matter of fact is the people who he was shooting were cowards, and they obviously didn't do anything to stop this person from ending their lives... hell, they probably didn't even try.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  6. #166
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the desert
    Last Seen
    09-22-09 @ 09:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Not a tough guy, but I refuse to cower in the corner like a pussy and become a statistic like others.

    Assumptions without facts? if he had any other devices / deterrants with him.. MAYBE your incapacitate argument would hold.. but, no articles mention that... and they'd be all over that ****.

    The plain and simple matter of fact is the people who he was shooting were cowards, and they obviously didn't do anything to stop this person from ending their lives... hell, they probably didn't even try.
    I bet if given the opportunity, you would eat your young....

  7. #167
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    I bet if given the opportunity, you would eat your young....
    Keep preaching the victim's mantra buddy.

    Maybe someday someone like me with the drive to survive will keep your ass from dying...

    Until then, keep preaching.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #168
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Referring to innocent victims as "sheep", insisting violence would decrease if everyone carried guns in spite of evidence to the contrary....
    Show this to be true.

    insisting that guns cannot kill because they are inanimate objects
    A gun , like all other inanimite objects, is incapable of doing --anything-- on its own, and so insisting that a gun, on its own, cannot kill anyone is completely sound.

    Disagree?
    Place an unloaded gun on a table. Sit there until it shoots you.

    comparing firearm deaths to highway fatalities
    Machines that are designed to kill are involved with fewer deaths than those that are not. Clearly, the machines NOT designed to kill need to be looked at first.

    These are all the last, desperate excuses of an untenable position.
    Speaking of untenabnle psoitions... when are you going to try to defend yours?
    Or have you, yet again, run away?

  9. #169
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Show this to be true.


    A gun , like all other inanimite objects, is incapable of doing --anything-- on its own, and so insisting that a gun, on its own, cannot kill anyone is completely sound.

    Disagree?
    Place an unloaded gun on a table. Sit there until it shoots you.


    Machines that are designed to kill are involved with fewer deaths than those that are not. Clearly, the machines NOT designed to kill need to be looked at first.


    Speaking of untenabnle psoitions... when are you going to try to defend yours?
    Or have you, yet again, run away?

    I have to keep many of my AR-15's restrained in the safe... I had one wander down the street the other day.. I found it on the slide at the playground... Go figure.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  10. #170
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In the desert
    Last Seen
    09-22-09 @ 09:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49

    Re: Reports: 4 shot, hostages taken in Binghamton, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Keep preaching the victim's mantra buddy.

    Maybe someday someone like me with the drive to survive will keep your ass from dying...

    Until then, keep preaching.
    You remind me of the Gen. Bethlehem from the Postman

    No thanks pal, I got my own guns and ammo. We need these thing out in the desert, dont we?

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •