Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 602

Thread: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

  1. #241
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    so you think the U.S. constitution is only meant for a religious and moral people?
    He meant it was made for a religious and moral people. Or that is what I got. As in it is not some magic document that can operate and maintain liberty among a decadent and corrupt people.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    He meant it was made for a religious and moral people. Or that is what I got. As in it is not some magic document that can operate and maintain liberty among a decadent and corrupt people.
    In that case you are wrong. It was EXACTLY meant for those that don't follow a religooin.

    That was the whole point of the consitution, to not FORCE religious on someone.

    Maybe you and others need to research why we have the constitution the way we do.

    If it was for a religious person they would have made it religious. The founding fathers didn't for a reason.

    Just because someone isn't religious doesn't mean they can't contribute to society.

    As for morality, that is subjective. To some having sex for anything other than procreation is immoral.

    So who's definition of morals will you use? That is why morality is not entered into the constitution which is what the founding fathers wanted.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-05-09 at 01:19 AM.

  3. #243
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    In that case you are wrong. It was EXACTLY meant for those that don't follow a religooin.

    That was the whole point of the consitution, to not FORCE religious on someone.
    Of course they didn't want to force religion onto someone. However they certainly did construct it for a people who were religious and moral. It was not made for abstract people but the American people of the time and the FF's were sure of this. They knew it required a certain kind of national and individual temperament for it to be maintained.

    If it was for a religious person they would have made it religious. The founding fathers didn't for a reason.
    Your argument doesn't make sense, it is a non sequitur. Your conclusions keep not following from your premises.

    Just because someone isn't religious doesn't mean they can't contribute to society.
    That is debatable.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 04-05-09 at 01:23 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    ~John Adams

    The law can not govern the corrupt or criminal.

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The law can not govern the corrupt or criminal.
    Well that would explain you. Now what about the rest of us that aren't corrupt?

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well that would explain you. Now what about the rest of us that aren't corrupt?
    Wow, more personal attacks, your logic is undeniable

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Of course they didn't want to force religion onto someone. However they certainly did construct it for a people who were religious and moral. It was not made for abstract people but the American people of the time and the FF's were sure of this. They knew it required a certain kind of national and individual temperament for it to be maintained.

    Your argument doesn't make sense, it is a non sequitur. Your conclusions keep not following from your premises.

    That is debatable.
    Again none of what you said refutes what I said. Try again.

    What do you define as moral? Those that obey the bible? If so you have failed, because the bible isn't where we define the definition of moral from.

  8. #248
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well that would explain you. Now what about the rest of us that aren't corrupt?
    Oh come on. If you're going to flame at least do it with a little wit.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wow, more personal attacks, your logic is undeniable
    No personal attack just my opinion. Just as you think those that are for gay marriage are immoral.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-05-09 at 01:28 AM.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Iowa Court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Oh come on. If you're going to flame at least do it with a little wit.
    He flame is so sad, I want to, like...send him a sympathy e-card or something.

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •