Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 140

Thread: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    "This man is my life teacher. He led me to Christ. Married me to my wife and blessed my children. He is an uncle to me. For the past 20 years I have been present in his church and followed his teachings."


    ....

    "GODDAMN AMERICA"


    ...

    "I never noticed"





    After that its amazing anyone trusts a word he says.
    And how does this make Obama a liar when he didn't say Goddamn America?

    Which is the premise of this thread unless you are derailing it.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-01-09 at 09:49 PM.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    I'm showing how Obama is a practiced overt liar. His 20 years "never noticed" is his most pathetic transparant overt lie. Just one of many.


    ...

    ""
    "I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

    He repeatedly vowed "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime."

    Now in office, Obama, who stopped smoking but has admitted he slips now and then, signed a law raising the tobacco tax nearly 62 cents on a pack of cigarettes, to $1.01. Other tobacco products saw similarly steep increases.
    ""

    He lied.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    I'm showing how Obama is a practiced overt liar. His 20 years "never noticed" is his most pathetic transparant overt lie. Just one of many.


    ...

    ""
    "I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

    He repeatedly vowed "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime."

    Now in office, Obama, who stopped smoking but has admitted he slips now and then, signed a law raising the tobacco tax nearly 62 cents on a pack of cigarettes, to $1.01. Other tobacco products saw similarly steep increases.
    ""

    He lied.
    You haven't proved anything, only showed conspiracy theories. Again Obama plans could be implemented over ANYTIME in his presidency. If at the end of his presidency he doesn't enact or try to enact his policies, then I will agree with you. Until then, go whimper like most of the conservatives and cry to your mommies.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-01-09 at 10:08 PM.

  4. #24
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    11-07-12 @ 12:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    117

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes I do disagree, he hasn't lied, he said he would do that some time in his presidency, not in two months.
    He said he would do what?

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    1. I showed he lied about not noticing his pastor. Showing how he has a history of such actions.

    2. I showed he stated over and over no tax increases of any kind for those under 250k followed by hims signing a Tax increase which does exactly that.



    I presented no conspiracy theories at all.

    Your claim he can raise taxes every day until the very last day then lower them making his promises real. Is just ridiculous.

    Your last sentence is what I expect to read form people who spend to much time cheering and not enough time listening.


    I know you won't accept this ..yet...but Obama is a user not a leader.
    Last edited by Triad; 04-01-09 at 10:23 PM.

  6. #26
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Again, he is speaking of income taxes which is why he is calling out salary levels specifically. There are no other taxes that can be controlled based on income level.
    THANK YOU! I was appalled at the number of people who couldn't distinguish the two.

    If people don't want to pay the tax on cigarettes, they can jolly well STOP SMOKING!

  7. #27
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    I love seeing the Obama haters trying to find a way to bash Obama and call him a liar. I'm sorry, but you look rather foolish and ignorant in this thread, IMHO.

  8. #28
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I love seeing the Obama haters trying to find a way to bash Obama and call him a liar. I'm sorry, but you look rather foolish and ignorant in this thread, IMHO.
    No one needs to try. Obama is doing just fine all by himself, lying and blundering his way through a fiasco of a presidency.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    1. I showed he lied about not noticing his pastor. Showing how he has a history of such actions.
    Nope you showed YOU though he lied about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    2. I showed he stated over and over no tax increases of any kind for those under 250k followed by hims signing a Tax increase which does exactly that.
    And that was what he said he would try to do in his presidency, well, his presidency isn't over for 3 years. So again not a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    I presented no conspiracy theories at all.
    As presented by what I said, yes you have done nothing but show conspiracy theories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Your claim he can raise taxes every day until the very last day then lower them making his promises real. Is just ridiculous.

    Your last sentence is what I expect to read form people who spend to much time cheering and not enough time listening.
    Again, his presidency isn't close to over and you have proven yourself as a liar at worst and a conspiracy theorist at worst.

    We'll see when his presidency is over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    I know you won't accept this ..yet...but Obama is a user not a leader.
    I accept that you put labels on people before their time is even close to being done.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: PROMISES, PROMISES: Obama tax pledge up in smoke

    Never assume anything Obama says is what he means.


    .....


    I presented no conspiracy theories at all.
    Last edited by Triad; 04-01-09 at 10:43 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •