Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

  1. #21
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    If Mexico is so gun strict, how is that the cartels are so well armed?
    Maybe they're not aware of the law.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #22
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'd say a State Department report qualifies.





    So what. Are people selling guns illegally? (US LAW) if so prosecute them.



    But to suggest we need to restrict the constitutional rights of Americans because of thier problem is asinine.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #23
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    They buy weapons in the US and smuggle them to Mexico.
    And if they weren't buying them here, it'd be from some other place. The issue here is not that Mexican cartels are getting their guns from the US, it's that the Mexican Cartels are easily able to circumvent the Mexican Gun control laws, while law abiding citizens cannot.

    By disarming the populous, they only serve to strengthen the cartels.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So what. Are people selling guns illegally? (US LAW) if so prosecute them.
    Agreed



    But to suggest we need to restrict the constitutional rights of Americans because of thier problem is asinine.
    Who said that?

  5. #25
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Agreed





    Who said that?


    Mexico, John ass kerry, the Obama administration.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #26
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'd say a State Department report qualifies.
    I'm sure -you- would.

    What state department report? I dont see any reference to such a thing in the story.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    And if they weren't buying them here, it'd be from some other place. The issue here is not that Mexican cartels are getting their guns from the US, it's that the Mexican Cartels are easily able to circumvent the Mexican Gun control laws, while law abiding citizens cannot.

    By disarming the populous, they only serve to strengthen the cartels.
    Are you suggesting that if the general populace were armed some how the problem of gun violence would be cured? How would this work? Would the general pop form vigilante gangs?

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sure -you- would.

    What state department report? I dont see any reference to such a thing in the story.
    It was in my post that YOU replied to.
    Last edited by winston53660; 04-01-09 at 01:54 PM.

  9. #29
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Who said that?
    From the story:

    "It is necessary to reduce the sale of weapons, particularly of high-power weapons, in the United States," President Felipe Calderón said during a visit to Britain on Monday

    "You've got guys driving around with high-powered firearms in their cars; you're putting law enforcers at greater risk," said Ladd Everett, a spokesman for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. "Why not stop those guns from ever being bought in the first place?"

    Last week, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she would like to see the U.S. government reinstate the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, though she added that such a move would face fierce opposition in Congress

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mired in violence, gun-strict Mexico points to U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    From the story:

    "It is necessary to reduce the sale of weapons, particularly of high-power weapons, in the United States," President Felipe Calderón said during a visit to Britain on Monday

    "You've got guys driving around with high-powered firearms in their cars; you're putting law enforcers at greater risk," said Ladd Everett, a spokesman for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. "Why not stop those guns from ever being bought in the first place?"

    Last week, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she would like to see the U.S. government reinstate the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, though she added that such a move would face fierce opposition in Congress
    Okay fair enough.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •