Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115

Thread: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The term is just a consolidation of ideas. If there is a better term I would like to hear it.
    Racism? I know that may be a shocker, but whether you are black or white and discriminate against another race, shouldn't that be racism?

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Originally we had three races: caucasion, negroid, and Asiatic. The fact that we've managed to concoct all these "races" (mulatto, Arab, Jew (thanks Hitler), Latino, etc.) illustrates just how stupid the very concept of "race" really is.
    Their are reasons to identify race because certain diseases affect certain races exclusively, eg sickle cell anemia. To do what Hitler did well there are also certain diseases that effect people of German origin exclusively as well. Every race has their cross to bear in this respect and no one is better than the other.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Racism? I know that may be a shocker, but whether you are black or white and discriminate against another race, shouldn't that be racism?
    It is racism however one cuts it. But they distinctly based on different concepts.

  4. #84
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Their are reasons to identify race because certain diseases affect certain races exclusively, eg sickle cell anemia. To do what Hitler did well there are also certain diseases that effect people of German origin exclusively as well. Every race has their cross to bear in this respect and no one is better than the other.
    This is the result of the closer ancestoral ties of those who historically shared a geographical region, not "race." The allusion to Hitler was for his invention of the "Jewish Race."

  5. #85
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Which is a lie, he's not black, he's a half breed. Which is why I agreed with Triad.
    He is black. He is also white. Pretty easy concept to grasp.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I never saw that.

    Really?

    Then what is Obama historic for being?




    Quite a feat to have never noticed such a thing being pushed in everyones face for 2 years.


    ...........

    Did Obama really run on his skin color?
    Yes, it was a central part of his entire campaign theme.
    .

    Can you prove it?
    Its been covered for 2 years.


    Do you really think black people are so stupid that they can be cowtowed by a politician into believing he's black when he's not?
    Nope. I think they expect to benefit from him and if he doesn't deliver to their satisfaction he will become an Uncle Tom, Oreo, or whatever catchy name they would call him. I don't believe most blacks even view him as black.


    Are you trying to tell me that this is not a black man?
    Try his mother.
    Last edited by Triad; 04-02-09 at 12:08 AM.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It is racism however one cuts it. But they distinctly based on different concepts.

    I don't disagree on this, and frankly, I am sickened by this.

    A white person being discriminated against by a minority shouldn't be placed in a category of "reverse racism" but racism.

    To me the term "reverse racism" means the other minority discriminated against the white is somehow justified.

    I know I have been "trained' to use the term "reverse racism' but when people point out to me I used it, I feel bad.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Really?

    Then what is Obama historic for being?
    Uhmmm for being the President of the United States of America?

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I don't disagree on this, and frankly, I am sickened by this.

    A white person being discriminated against by a minority shouldn't be placed in a category of "reverse racism" but racism.

    To me the term "reverse racism" means the other minority discriminated against the white is somehow justified.

    I know I have been "trained' to use the term "reverse racism' but when people point out to me I used it, I feel bad.
    Personally I think it is a whole lot of history we have to deal with and the racism issue really stinks. People can never be right about it unless they say it smells like rotten eggs.

  10. #90
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    He is black. He is also white. Pretty easy concept to grasp.
    No, he's half black, and half white, which by definition is mulatto.

    Really, it's that simple.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •