Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 115

Thread: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Well according to Brian Walsh of the NRSC they had confirmation from her staff because they had went all the way to the point of issuing press releases telling of her being selected to be the key note speaker. However Palin's staff told the NRSC and the NRCC they could not commit the event to the governors calender until the end of the legislative season in Alaska. The NRSC and NRCC decided they weren't going to wait that long for her to officially commit and pulled in Gingrich.

    She didn't decline, she was disinvited. And it's not a good thing for her.

    Guess who's not coming for dinner.
    That's alright, the GOP will be back around when they figure out that their current **** isn't working.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That's alright, the GOP will be back around when they figure out that their current **** isn't working.
    Back around to Sarah Palin?

    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #33
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Well according to Brian Walsh of the NRSC they had confirmation from her staff because they had went all the way to the point of issuing press releases telling of her being selected to be the key note speaker. However Palin's staff later told the NRSC and the NRCC they could not commit the event to the governors calender until the end of the legislative season in Alaska. The NRSC and NRCC decided they weren't going to wait that long for her to officially commit and pulled in Gingrich.

    NRSC: We would like to invite Sarah Palin to be the key speaker at the fund raiser.
    Palin Staff: Oh that's WONDERFUL! She would be thrilled to do this!
    NRSC: Great, we'll book it.
    Palin Staff: Totally awesome!
    Palin Staff after talking to Palin: Well can we get back with you on this after legislative session is over up here...kinda busy you know?
    NRSC: Ummm...what?
    Palin Staff: Yeah, we just need some time to make sure we can actually do this.
    NRSC: Hang on a sec.
    NRSC: You know on second thought, don't worry about it...you guys are obviously busy. We're gonna go a different direction so don't worry about being here.
    Palin Staff: Oh, well okay...but hey, we never said we would actually be there.
    NRSC: Yeah okay...hey gotta go, Newt is on the phone.

    She didn't decline, she was disinvited. And it's not a good thing for her.

    Guess who's not coming for dinner.




    The Associated Press: Palin out as headliner for GOP dinner



    "Enthusiasm during a scheduling meeting among SarahPAC members to discuss events that we thought the governor should consider attending was misinterpreted as a confirmation of attendance," Stapleton said in an e-mail.




    So much for that.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #34
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The Associated Press: Palin out as headliner for GOP dinner



    "Enthusiasm during a scheduling meeting among SarahPAC members to discuss events that we thought the governor should consider attending was misinterpreted as a confirmation of attendance," Stapleton said in an e-mail.




    So much for that.
    Yeah right. Misinterpreted enthusiasm.

    NRSC: "Hey those guys are really excited about this...I think we should do joint press releases announcing her attendance without any confirmation whatsoever!"
    NRCC: "Count me in bro! She's gonna love this!"

    Doesn't fly. Especially when Walsh and others indicated there was initial confirmation from Palin's staff. Her people are making excuses because this gaffe and the fallout looks bad on her. It's called damage control.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 04-01-09 at 01:50 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #35
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Yeah right. Misinterpreted enthusiasm.

    NRSC: "Hey those guys are really excited about this...I think we should do joint press releases announcing her attendance without any confirmation whatsoever!"
    NRCC: "Count me in bro! She's gonna love this!"

    Doesn't fly. Especially when Walsh and others indicated there was initial confirmation from Palin's staff. Her people are making excuses because this gaffe and the fallout looks bad on her. It's called damage control.






    you mean this walsh from the same article:


    "A spokesman for the Senate GOP committee, Brian Walsh, said Palin's team informed the campaign committees that her responsibilities in Alaska prevented her from committing to the speech until the end of the legislative session.

    "We completely understand and respect Governor Palin's focus on her official state business; however, there is obviously an enormous amount of planning that goes into this annual event. For that reason, we invited and are honored to have former Speaker Newt Gingrich join us as our speaker," Walsh said in an e-mail."




    Come now. This is nothing but a partisan no issue attack a former vice presidential candidate thread.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #36
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post



    you mean this walsh from the same article:


    "A spokesman for the Senate GOP committee, Brian Walsh, said Palin's team informed the campaign committees that her responsibilities in Alaska prevented her from committing to the speech until the end of the legislative session.

    "We completely understand and respect Governor Palin's focus on her official state business; however, there is obviously an enormous amount of planning that goes into this annual event. For that reason, we invited and are honored to have former Speaker Newt Gingrich join us as our speaker," Walsh said in an e-mail."




    Come now. This is nothing but a partisan no issue attack a former vice presidential candidate thread.
    Oh of course that's all it is, a non issue. Didn't you say at one time you'd have voted for Palin? Nothing more than your partisan response in calling this a non-issue. Clearly it signals another shift away from the Alaskan governor as a viable choice for a top leadership spot in the GOP.

    As I already pointed out, this is damage control and Walsh was on message trying to spin this into something less than it actually was. It blew up and got messy in the media. The real point in Walsh's statement as it applies to the argument here is that he stated that the appearance was confirmed by Palin's staff. Confirmed. The time line that's been reported clearly show there was consensus that her appearance was going to happen. Then the story changed, it got a bit messy, and the clean up operation had to start.

    You're trying to take one part of a bigger statement and use it to dismiss the whole issue. It's not working.

    Last edited by Lerxst; 04-01-09 at 02:17 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #37
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Oh of course that's all it is, a non issue. Didn't you say at one time you'd have voted for Palin? Nothing more than your partisan response in calling this a non-issue. Clearly it signals another shift away from the Alaskan governor as a viable choice for a top leadership spot in the GOP.

    I still would. I think that she as a true outsider would break the same old crap we are in now.

    As I already pointed out, this is damage control and Walsh was on message trying to spin this into something less than it actually was. It blew up and got messy in the media. The real point in Walsh's statement as it applies to the argument here is that he stated that the appearance was confirmed by Palin's staff. Confirmed. The time line that's been reported clearly show there was consensus that her appearance was going to happen. Then the story changed, it got a bit messy, and the clean up operation had to start.

    You're trying to take one part of a bigger statement and use it to dismiss the whole issue. It's not working.


    You are choosing to believe the side that makes you more happy, even though both sides are saying something else. Your prerogative, but to think that this is anything other than yet another bash palin thread is missing the reality.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Sarah Palin refused to take any of the federal bailout money. Coincidence?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Who the hell are you to decide who is overly religious? Okay fine, then Obama, Reid and Pelosi are overly communist.
    I'm certainly a decider in who is and isn't overly religious, especially when it comes to slathering it all over our government and its policies.

    Whatever, I don't like Obama, Reid or Pelosi so call them what you will.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #40
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Republicans Disinvite Palin to Major Fundraiser

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I still would. I think that she as a true outsider would break the same old crap we are in now.
    Articulate how she would actually do that.

    You are choosing to believe the side that makes you more happy, even though both sides are saying something else. Your prerogative, but to think that this is anything other than yet another bash palin thread is missing the reality.
    Yes, because it points out another slip down the slope for her as her importance in the GOP is reduced yet again. This is hardly a non-issue when it comes to the point of serious Republican backing for Sarah Palin regarding a future run at President or consideration as a VP candidate. Senior Republican leadership and their big supporters will not get behind her. Not anymore.

    That's only a non-issue to people who are trying to deny the reality or people who don't really pay attention to the actual mechanisms of running for higher political offices. She'll get support when she runs for governor again, but if she thinks she's going to ever be a candidate for the Presidency she's delusional. And this incident just confirms this.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •