Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    I seriously doubt you've read the Constitution at all. Otherwise you would have known that slavery was abolished by the 13th and 14th amendment. It's really not your fault. We should be teaching it in school. The problem is the public school staff have a vested interest in the subversion.

    So please, you obviously have the time to sit here and throw slander at me ("You Obama Haters"), so why don't you take the time to read the Constitution upon which your very nation is founded, the framework of your government? Do you even care? If not, why are you even on this forum?
    Again, you claim what Obama is illegal.

    Either get one of the many Conservative Lawyers that would love to crucify Obama or just admit you don't have a legal claim.

    I am guessing you won't admit you are wrong yet you can't get ANYONE (Even conservative Obama Haters that are conservative0 to make any case because what he is doing ISN'T ILLEGAL.

    That's the problem with you conservatives (And many liberals against bush) You say something is unconstitutional, however, there is NOONE that that will prosecute because it isn't illegal.

    Carry on with your rhetoric.

  2. #62
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, you claim what Obama is illegal.

    Either get one of the many Conservative Lawyers that would love to crucify Obama or just admit you don't have a legal claim.

    I am guessing you won't admit you are wrong yet you can't get ANYONE (Even conservative Obama Haters that are conservative0 to make any case because what he is doing ISN'T ILLEGAL.

    That's the problem with you conservatives (And many liberals against bush) You say something is unconstitutional, however, there is NOONE that that will prosecute because it isn't illegal.

    Carry on with your rhetoric.
    Lord have mercy... You haven't followed a thing that I've said. I think this one's beyond help.

    And just because the unconstitutional bailout hasn't been struck down yet doesn't mean it wont be. I really don't know how one could bring such a case to the courts, but it might be possible.

    Most of Roosevelt's New Deal crap was struck down:
    United States v. Butler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Schechter Poultry Corp. v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I wont pretend to know all the nuances of Constitutional case law. It's exactly this case law which has allowed the spirit of the Constitution to be perverted well past it's original intent.

    Now, again, before making all your appeals to lawyers and judges, all that I ask is that you read the damn thing.
    Last edited by BulletWounD; 04-02-09 at 01:52 AM.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    So take him to court, oh wait, you won't.
    I'll ask again, perhaps this time you will answer. Since when is winning a lawsuit a determination of proof? Do you consider our judiciary the final arbiter of truth?

    Nope they aren't infallible
    Then why do you feel merely citing their existence is a sufficient negation of my premise?

    but however I feel they are the law of the land.
    The Supreme Court Justices are the law of the land? What does this even mean?

    As such, noone has ruled what Obama is doing as illegal. Much like I said what bush did was illegal, yet the Supreme court didn't rule on.
    So, the Supreme Court is always right. Is that your argument?

    Um your claims are refuted as even the supreme court hasn't recognized to hear on, what does that say about your HIGH VIOLATION CLAIMS lol.
    Do you worship the Supreme Court or something? Because it seems like you're unwilling to lend credence to any idea which hasn't passed some judicial litmus test.

    You're an internet loud speaker of irrelevance.
    Ad hominem.

    And yet it isn't heard by any high court.
    Oh, beloved high court! Sovereign of my mind! Holiest of holies! If thou commands't it, I shall obey with the utmost servility. I shall not falter in the face of logic and reason, I will love and cherish thy infinite wisdom, for thou art sacred!

    you mean truth.
    It's not true unless the SCOTUS says so; I thought you already knew that.

    Oh please you aren't partisan like Clinton didn't get a blow job. Save you're rhetoric for someone who "might" believe you.
    First of all, just because someone is a partisan does not mean they are automatically incorrect. Secondly, and more importantly, I am not a partisan. I hold everyone to the same standard, and unless you can demonstrate otherwise you should retract that statement.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I'll ask again, perhaps this time you will answer. Since when is winning a lawsuit a determination of proof? Do you consider our judiciary the final arbiter of truth?
    since those that said what bush did was illegal, both in the Iraq war and Patriot Act.

    Conservatives and Republicans have said time and time again since Bush wasn't convicted or tries of violations of implementing of the Patriot Act or Iraq war that he was INNOCENT.

    So why is all of a sudden Obama guilty without any trial or even at the most charges being brought against him?

    Bring charges against OBama or (like conservatives and Republicans have said in regards to charges against Bush) STFU.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-02-09 at 01:58 AM.

  5. #65
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    since those that said what bush did was illegal, both in the Iraq war and Patriot Act.

    Conservatives and Republicans have said time and time again since Bush wasn't convicted or tries of violations of implementing of the Patriot Act or Iraq war that he was INNOCENT.
    So far he's innocent under the law, yes.

    So why is all of a sudden Obama guilty without any trial or even at the most charges being brought against him?
    In my opinion, yes. Some of the leading Democrats are as well.

    Bring charges against OBama or (like conservatives and Republicans have said in regards to charges against Bush) STFU.
    No u. Seriously, how old are you?

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    So far he's innocent under the law, yes.
    Not according to some conservatives/Republicans which is funny considering what liberals/dems they said about Bush.

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    In my opinion, yes. Some of the leading Democrats are as well.
    Well it's good you said "In your opinion" Because it is some people's "Opinion" that Bush knew about 9/11 (SPECIFIC buildings in fact) and he let it happen.

    What is the old saying about "opinions"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    No u. Seriously, how old are you?
    Going on 46. How about you with your passing judgments on Obama while giving passes to Bush?

  7. #67
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Not according to some conservatives/Republicans which is funny considering what liberals/dems they said about Bush.


    Well it's good you said "In your opinion" Because it is some people's "Opinion" that Bush knew about 9/11 (SPECIFIC buildings in fact) and he let it happen.
    I'm sure my opinion enjoys significantly more support than that one. I'm entitled to it, so are they.

    What is the old saying about "opinions"?
    They're like your mother's phone number?

    Going on 46. How about you with your passing judgments on Obama while giving passes to Bush?
    Why am I not surprised? It's your generation running ths country into the ground. How about you get off your butt and read the foundational document of your nation?

    Why do you think I'm "giving a pass" to Bush? Bush isn't in office right now. And by the way, I'm not judging Obama. In fact I said "I think Obama is a good person. Remember, the highway to hell is paved with good intentions." I'm judging his actions.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Why am I not surprised? It's your generation running ths country into the ground. How about you get off your butt and read the foundational document of your nation?
    I served my country in the military for 20 years, what have you done?

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Why do you think I'm "giving a pass" to Bush? Bush isn't in office right now. And by the way, I'm not judging Obama. In fact I said "I think Obama is a good person. Remember, the highway to hell is paved with good intentions." I'm judging his actions.
    So who did you vote for in the 2008 ,2004 election? I voted for Kerry in the 2004 election because I thought he would be better than Bush and I voted for Obama in the 2008 election because I thought he was better than McCain.

    I think, given the choice of Obama and McCain, if Ron Paul was a third party (as much as I didn't like him) I still would have voted for him over both candidates if he had run Third Party.

    So what did you vote for in 2004, 2008?

  9. #69
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I served my country in the military for 20 years, what have you done?
    Thank you for your service. I find it interesting that you swore an oath to a document you didn't ever read. I haven't done much of anything yet (outside of trying to influence opinion and garner grassroots support). I was planning on joining the Air Force, but a serious health-related crisis prevented me (and still prevents me) from doing that. I regret that I'll never be able to serve.

    So who did you vote for in the 2008 ,2004 election? I voted for Kerry in the 2004 election because I thought he would be better than Bush and I voted for Obama in the 2008 election because I thought he was better than McCain.
    2004, too young to vote. 2008, too disenfranchised. McCain's foreign policy scared the **** out of me just as much as Obama's socialist tendancies. "Bomb, bomb, bomb - bomb, bomb Iran."

    I think, given the choice of Obama and McCain, if Ron Paul was a third party (as much as I didn't like him) I still would have voted for him over both candidates if he had run Third Party.

    So what did you vote for in 2004, 2008?
    Ron Paul's foreign policy was too unrealistic.... Pulling out of NATO does not serve the best interests of our country at this point in time. Plus, he lacks fundamental leadership skills like Obama. Good congressman, bad president.
    Last edited by BulletWounD; 04-02-09 at 02:51 AM.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Beyond AIG: A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Thank you for your service. I find it interesting that you swore an oath to a document you didn't ever read. I haven't done much of anything yet (outside of trying to influence opinion and garner grassroots support). I was planning on joining the Air Force, but a serious health-related crisis prevented me (and still prevents me) from doing that. I regret that I'll never be able to serve.
    Sorry that will prevent you from joining, but I have read the constitution, it just seems I interpret it different than what you do.

    I interpret it as I don't agree with what Obama is doing with the bailout, however the precedent was set with Bush.

    It's funny though that Bush stacked the Supreme court with 2 Justices, yet this hasn't been brought before it.

    I am against the bailout, yet nothing has been brought against it legally.

    2004, too young to vote. 2008, too disenfranchised. McCain's foreign policy scared the **** out of me just as much as Obama's socialist tendancies. "Bomb, bomb, bomb - bomb, bomb Iran."
    You didn't say who you voted for in 2008. I said mine and the reasons, are you embarrassed to say yours?

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Ron Paul's foreign policy was too unrealistic.... Pulling out of NATO does not serve the best interests of our country at this point in time. Plus, he lacks fundamental leadership skills like Obama. Good congressman, bad president.
    Perhaps Paul's concepts were unrealistic, but he had a chance to pave the way for third parties (much like Perot did in 1992) however like Perot, Paul backed out.

    While I don't think Paul or Perot would have won, I really think they would have paved the way had they run a legitimate campaign for third party.

    Perot failed when he ran, dropped out, then came back in and Paul failed when he wouldn't run as a third party candidate.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •