Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 102

Thread: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

  1. #71
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I'll file this under the liberal view. See above.
    Like the one where a Lib Prof. taught students that any sex... even consensual sex... was rape.
    I don't think it's just a "liberal view" that see's water boarding, beating someone, sleep deprivation, and indefinitely detaining someone as torture.

    If I beat you every time you tried to fall asleep for an indefinite amount of time would you consider yourself being tortured after 48-72 hours of this?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #72
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I don't think it's just a "liberal view" that see's water boarding, beating someone, sleep deprivation, and indefinitely detaining someone as torture.

    If I beat you every time you tried to fall asleep for an indefinite amount of time would you consider yourself being tortured after 48-72 hours of this?
    Because terrorists claim this?
    LOL.
    They are trained to lie.

    Sorry.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Because terrorists claim this?
    LOL.
    They are trained to lie.

    Sorry.

    .
    What terrorists think has nothing to do with it. They are by definition, torture.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #74
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Because terrorists claim this?
    LOL.
    They are trained to lie.
    Where as government and politicians are natural born liars.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #75
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbus View Post
    Just wait until they start killing Americans .. boy will that be fun!

    Perhaps they will get their own TV show like Pimp My Car Bomb or Curb Your Fanaticism.

    Boy assimilation is so much fun!
    This is your dream situation, another attack could cement the fascist right takeover.

    Even if some of the released commit acts of terrorism, fact is that I stand a much greater chance of being taken out by a drunk driver than I do being taken out by a terrorist. I'll accept those odds to keep my freedom thank you very much.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #76
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    We haven't been able to profile everyone correctly, hence terrorists have been released and returned to the battle field.

    If we get one instance wrong it could result in a blood bath.
    Obama created.
    .
    Obama created a bloodbath? You're right... it was Obama who decided to grab "terrorists" and ask questions later. Silly me.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #77
    Educator bilbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    10-22-09 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    629

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This is your dream situation, another attack could cement the fascist right takeover.

    Even if some of the released commit acts of terrorism, fact is that I stand a much greater chance of being taken out by a drunk driver than I do being taken out by a terrorist. I'll accept those odds to keep my freedom thank you very much.
    Seems like Obama has taken over more stuff then bush did. Wait bush took over nothing, yet he is the fascist .. odd how that works.

    A drunk driver can only kill a few people, and has limited scope, a terrorist attack can effect 1000's.
    George W. Bush is a liberal.

  8. #78
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbus View Post
    A drunk driver can only kill a few people, and has limited scope, a terrorist attack can effect 1000's.
    He said that someone(read: single individual) has a better chance of being killed by a drunk driver. His point is clear and correct. So let me see if I have your position correct: You are fine with detaining these men and keeping them in gitmo, even though they have not been proven to be terrorists?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbus View Post
    Seems like Obama has taken over more stuff then bush did. Wait bush took over nothing, yet he is the fascist .. odd how that works.

    A drunk driver can only kill a few people, and has limited scope, a terrorist attack can effect 1000's.
    Drunk driving deaths account of half of the vehicle deaths. The terrorists most successful attack ever, 9/11, didn't even kill as many as cars. Hell, they didn't even kill as many as drunk drivers do in a year. Cars have the far more reaching impact than terrorists. Nothing you say can distract from the fact that I have WAY more to fear from drunk drivers than I do from terrorists. Terrorists just don't have the impact they or you want them to have.

    Obama isn't a solution, he like all of government is part of the problem. But the neo-fascist movement which has captured the Republicans have taken them out of contention for contributing to a solution. The party of Reagan is dead and gone, the Republocrats now rule from their protected classes. A new aristocracy engorging the already bloated government. Of the State, by the State, for the State! A new mantra of fascism. Make no beans about it, this is no path of socialism we've been persuing, it is one of classical fascism. Define life, liberty, and freedom through the State and its prosperity; not the prosperity of the individual. Bush, like Obama and Clinton, strove to increase the size and scope of government. To engage in nation building, to squash the freedoms of the individual and engaged (like Obama now) in fear tactics to convince a people whom have lost their resolve that only government can keep them safe.

    Government is not part of the solution, it's part of the problem. Those whom rallied for Bush, those whom rally for Obama are not part of the solution, they are part of the problem. A fully beaten people who have forgotten the fight for freedom and why we risked it all. An honorless lot whom would trade freedom for safety and even worse trade freedom so that the static of their daily is not challenged. Bring on the terrorists, I will meet them if I must. But you can not have my freedom, you can not have my liberty; if you want them you'll have to fight me for them.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #80
    User HOLD FAST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    11-07-10 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    9

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    It is not their responsibility. We detained them. Now we have decided that they are not a threat.

    Because we detained them we have to keep them?

    It just seems to me there are a number of options. What do they want?

    To go to the U.S., not to go to their home country, to go to a terrorist friendly country, to go to a neutral country?

    Again, if these are inocents, why are there onty two options, stay in Gitmo or come to the U.S.?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •