Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 102

Thread: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

  1. #21
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    There's a big difference between the safe & secure confinement of Gitmo and the free & open streets of our cities.
    Yes, it's called freedom for people that were wrongfully imprisoned.

    Personally, I don't agree with letting these people into the US. They should be sent to their home countries. Though I can see the argument for this. Sending them to the US, they are more likely to start a new peaceful life. Sending back to their home countries they will be pushed into conflict.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #22
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Yes, it's called freedom for people that were wrongfully imprisoned.

    Personally, I don't agree with letting these people into the US. They should be sent to their home countries. Though I can see the argument for this. Sending them to the US, they are more likely to start a new peaceful life. Sending back to their home countries they will be pushed into conflict.
    Perhaps you could get some of that stimulus money and start a "Adopt a Terrorist" program. You could get them gainful employment with ACORN.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  3. #23
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Perhaps you could get some of that stimulus money and start a "Adopt a Terrorist" program. You could get them gainful employment with ACORN.
    I personal prefer to allow human beings redemption and the ability to start a new peaceful life. I say "peace brother", you scream "death to infidel". To each his own.

    My position on this matter is assuming the true terrorists, the ones that were caught red-handed or admitted guilt, are not part of this program. This program is for the guy that was walking down the street with a bag full of groceries and jumped by a platoon of privates after a car bomb went off near by and then thrown into GITMO for the past 6 years.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #24
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I personal prefer to allow human beings redemption and the ability to start a new peaceful life. I say "peace brother", you scream "death to infidel". To each his own.

    My position on this matter is assuming the true terrorists, the ones that were caught red-handed or admitted guilt, are not part of this program. This program is for the guy that was walking down the street with a bag full of groceries and jumped by a platoon of privates after a car bomb went off near by and then thrown into GITMO for the past 6 years.
    Tell your story to Allah & the 72 virgins, it has no basis in reality here.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  5. #25
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Tell your story to Allah & the 72 virgins, it has no basis in reality here.
    They are just propaganda tools to force the sheep to do the wolves dirty work through fear of Religion.

    I don't agree with your dismal of these people as 1) 100% accuracy that they are terrorists, 2) incapable of leading peaceful lives outside of the influence from terrorists groups.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 03-27-09 at 04:44 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  6. #26
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    These guys are Uigurs who will in all likelihood be detained and tortured if sent back to the PRC. They've been cleared of terrorism charges. Their only crime is their ethnicity.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    These guys are Uigurs who will in all likelihood be detained and tortured if sent back to the PRC. They've been cleared of terrorism charges. Their only crime is their ethnicity.
    Ethnicity + religion = terrorist, to some people.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #28
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Why are we taking Uigurs and putting them in Gitmo anyways? If they had been fighting Rushkies in the 80s they would have been called Freedom Fighters? Or is it that since we now owe China's corrupt and enslaving government a ****load of money that they've become 'terror suspects'?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #29
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    If they were ever arrested by the US Military there is no question that they are indeed terrorists and will jump at the first chance to blow themselves up. It's not like the military arrests people who "might be" terrorists. They only arrest people that they are 100% absolute sure are terrorists.

    Well a number of people have been released without charge years ago so surely that consitutes an admission that some of them where not terroists.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Well a number of people have been released without charge years ago so surely that consitutes an admission that some of them where not terroists.
    Sorry I should have wrapped my comment in [Sarcasm] tags.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •