Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

  1. #21
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    it's funny how our resident savage apologist comes in here to defend honor killings.
    And where exactly do I defend honour killings?
    PeteEU

  2. #22
    Educator bilbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    10-22-09 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    629

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Source: Scotsman
    Date: March 24, 2009



    Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing' - Scotsman.com News

    Four men have been arrested and are being charged with murder. They were asked by the girls father to straighten out his daughter for seeing a boy.

    People who do things like this are mentally ill. I know that some of you think that this issue is an obsession of mine. Well you are correct. I must speak out about these stories for they are to often ignored. This girl must not be forgotten. Her name was Imrana.

    16-year-old burnt in Gzb honour killing - Lucknow - Cities - The Times of India

    2 more in net for Gzb honour killing - Delhi - Cities - The Times of India
    That will teach her, last time she will let her self get raped. see this is why women should remain covered.

    True, but at least she brought honor to her family .. one small step.
    Last edited by bilbus; 03-28-09 at 12:59 PM.
    George W. Bush is a liberal.

  3. #23
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I have, in every thread I have chosen to reply and correct you for your words and hypocrisy.

    But lets do it one more time. I condemn narrow-minded morons who have traditions that accept the murder of anyone based on honour.



    Ahh now you mention another religion than Islam.

    But why dont you mention the honour killings in India more? There are far more reported there, both officially and unofficially there than any where else. Women are burned, have thrown acid in their faces because their "husbands'" family was offended by the size of her dowery and so on? You do know that honour punishment is ripe and very well entrenched in especially the poor parts of Indian society right? And here in fact it is illegal, and yet the police and the legal system in the local community not only protect but often participate in the acts of violence against women..



    Good for you, but it does not change the fact that your whole focus in almost every thread is about the Islamic world and how "bad" it is.

    If you were at all remotely non partisan you would not constantly be drawing out the "islamic" part of the killing, because as anyone with half a brain and even remote knowledge of honour killings and punishment knows... honour killings have NOTHING to do with Islam and everything to do with ancient traditions in the local society.

    Yes honour killings are horrible, as are 12 year old forced bribes, women being punished with acid and burning, and so on, but it is not religiously based but by tradition.

    It is like saying that the freaks of that compound in Texas (the mormon one) that abuse their girls at young age is a "Christian" thing, when it is in fact a warped tradition found by a bunch of paedophiles centuries ago.

    It is like saying that all Muslims practice female genitalia mutilation just because a bunch of areas in Northern Africa think it is part of their faith but in reality is an ancient tradition brought down from the pre Islamic times.

    It is like saying that all Christians still practice witch burning because the evangelical Christians of Nigeria and the area burn young girls for witchcraft.



    notice how pete likes to bash christians in a thread where christianity is not the topic.


    notice how pete wants to play protect the savage in order to attack sgt rock.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #24
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    it's funny how our resident savage apologist comes in here to defend honor killings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    notice how pete likes to bash christians in a thread where christianity is not the topic.


    notice how pete wants to play protect the savage in order to attack sgt rock.
    YouTube - Pocahontas - Savages - Full Version
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  5. #25
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post



    "Why don't you have a seat over there?"

    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #26
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    "Why don't you have a seat over there?"

    Calm down you Chris Hansen apologist.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  7. #27
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I have, in every thread I have chosen to reply and correct you for your words and hypocrisy.

    But lets do it one more time. I condemn narrow-minded morons who have traditions that accept the murder of anyone based on honour.



    Ahh now you mention another religion than Islam.

    But why dont you mention the honour killings in India more? There are far more reported there, both officially and unofficially there than any where else. Women are burned, have thrown acid in their faces because their "husbands'" family was offended by the size of her dowery and so on? You do know that honour punishment is ripe and very well entrenched in especially the poor parts of Indian society right? And here in fact it is illegal, and yet the police and the legal system in the local community not only protect but often participate in the acts of violence against women..



    Good for you, but it does not change the fact that your whole focus in almost every thread is about the Islamic world and how "bad" it is.

    If you were at all remotely non partisan you would not constantly be drawing out the "islamic" part of the killing, because as anyone with half a brain and even remote knowledge of honour killings and punishment knows... honour killings have NOTHING to do with Islam and everything to do with ancient traditions in the local society.

    Yes honour killings are horrible, as are 12 year old forced bribes, women being punished with acid and burning, and so on, but it is not religiously based but by tradition.

    It is like saying that the freaks of that compound in Texas (the mormon one) that abuse their girls at young age is a "Christian" thing, when it is in fact a warped tradition found by a bunch of paedophiles centuries ago.

    It is like saying that all Muslims practice female genitalia mutilation just because a bunch of areas in Northern Africa think it is part of their faith but in reality is an ancient tradition brought down from the pre Islamic times.

    It is like saying that all Christians still practice witch burning because the evangelical Christians of Nigeria and the area burn young girls for witchcraft.
    Here is a post by me Sgt Rock from the following thread
    Re: Muslim women 'face crisis over violence' post #53

    Families that kill for honor will threaten girls and women if they refuse to cover their hair, their faces, or their bodies or act as their family's domestic servant, wear makeup or western clothing, choose friends from another religion, date, seek to obtain an advanced education, refuse an arranged marriage, seek a divorce from a violent husband, marry against their parents wishes, or behave in ways that are considered too independent, which might mean anything from driving a car to spending time or living away from home or family. Fundamentalists of many religions may expect their women to meet some but not all of these expectations. But when women refuse to do so, Jews, Christians, and Buddhists are far more likely to shun rather than murder them. Muslims however do kill for honor in the most brutal ways imaginable as do to a lesser extent, Hindus and Sikhs.

    Many of these honor killings are not commited by a single family member such as an estranged husband or mate. In fact many muslim honor killings are planned and carried out by many family members. Example: A father is upset because his daughter is dating a man he does not approve of. His sons and brothers or other men and sometimes women in the family conspire to kill her.
    When a western man kills his wife or family it is rarely if ever a conspiracy amongst family members. And it almost never has anything to do with family honor.
    __________________
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #28
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Sick people. I'm waiting for the Muslim Hate Brigade to roll in here and spew some nonsense.
    Islam, the religion of peace.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Islam, the religion of peace.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'Last chance. Cease the trolling and baiting, or the consequences will be significant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #30
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Villagers burn girl alive in 'honour killing'

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Calm down you Chris Hansen apologist.
    come now... that was funny.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •