Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 603

Thread: Call for higher circumcision rate

  1. #551
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    This is your opinion. You are unable to speak for all men. FAIL
    As goes for you as well.

    I would guess that the overwhelming majority of circumcisions are done before sexual activity begins, how can anyone compare. I am cut and still managed to be a two pump chump early in my sexually active life. I think I was left with plenty of nerve endings.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Could, should, would...all subjective. Also, doctors and researchers disagree with you.
    They do? Please show that doctors and researchers disagree that it is illogical to perform surgery when not necessary. That if two things accomplish similar results then the less invasive one should logically be preferred. Go ahead prove that.

    I'm not interested in your baseless opinions of "coulda' shoulda'". Facts please.
    Of course not, because you'd rather label them as a dismissive tactic because you can't argue against logic.
    If you feel like I have been using ad homs, then please report them as I just did with this ad hom.
    I don't find it necessary to cry to mommy every time someone says something I don't like.

    Again, a blatant lie. And nowhere near being on topic. I have been consistently trying to keep the discussion about the topic and not other people. But if you feel I haven't, please report.
    Prove it's a lie or apologize.
    Yes you have been consistently trying to force the discussion to be about your study, since all of your other arguments have been trounced. Unfortunately for you I will continue to trounce you on this subject because the reality is that circumcision cannot be defended. It is a religious practice that gained widespread acceptance through misinformation being pushed by doctors and Rabbis.
    The customs and laws pertaining to circumcision are derived from the Bible, Talmud, and Jewish tradition, all of which have been meticulously passed down from generation to generation.

    God's First Commandment to Abraham

    Circumcision is the first commandment given by God to Abraham, the first Jew, and is central to Judaism. Abraham, the father of the Jewish People, had for many years served God righteously. Yet it was only after he circumcised himself by God's command at the age of ninety-nine years, that he was able to reach the ultimate level of Biblical perfection of "and you shall be perfect" (Genesis 17:1).

    God desired that this final "finishing touch" and perfection of our body should be a distinctly human act. This teaches us that spiritual perfection must and can be accomplished by human effort.
    It has become a cultural tradition perpetuated by the "I don't want my son to look different" and "It's easier to clean" excuse.

    Do you have any sort of study that shows this to be the case or that sex is significantly or even noticably impaired? FAIL.
    The obvious faliure is that you can't prove your statement so you try to misdirect.

    I never used the word "little". And no, size still does not equate to usefulness. FAIL

    Yes, I understand what the different tissues are as I took biology courses in college, too. Do you wish to make a point or were you just demonstrating your irrelevant linking skills for us?
    The word "little" is irrelevant to the point. The point BTW which you again try to misdirect from,again, instead of refute. That point being that the skin is an organ, the largest organ on or in our body, this includes the foreskin. As an organ its entirety is useful and necessary. I'm simply proving that you are wrong when you say "Those same purposes are achieved by the wearing of clothing rendering the usefulness of the foreskin void."

  3. #553
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    There's a reason they are called "medical opinions" folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #554
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    This is your opinion. You are unable to speak for all men. FAIL
    Until you can show a significant sexual impairment to circumcised men, you are peddling nothing more than opinions.

    Oh yeah...and FAIL.

  5. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    They do? Please show that doctors and researchers disagree that it is illogical to perform surgery when not necessary. That if two things accomplish similar results then the less invasive one should logically be preferred. Go ahead prove that.
    Liposuction rather than exercise would be one. Gastro intestinal bypasses rather than diet control for another. Circumcision, the topic we are discussing, is medically performed all the time.

    Wanna keep going?

    Of course not, because you'd rather label them as a dismissive tactic because you can't argue against logic.
    There is no logic in "coulda, shoulda', woulda'". Try as you might to peddle your bull**** as "logic", it fails miserably.

    I don't find it necessary to cry to mommy every time someone says something I don't like.
    Then don't cry to me about it anymore either because until a mod tells me I am being out of line, it ain't gonna change.

    Prove it's a lie or apologize.
    Yes you have been consistently trying to force the discussion to be about your study, since all of your other arguments have been trounced. Unfortunately for you I will continue to trounce you on this subject because the reality is that circumcision cannot be defended. It is a religious practice that gained widespread acceptance through misinformation being pushed by doctors and Rabbis.
    You lie. You have tried to force the discussion into a "baby jebus wants to mutilate your testicles and give your foreskins to nuns to eat" argument and that has nothing to do with a medical call for higher circumcision rate.

    The only thing you have trounced is your credibility.

    It has become a cultural tradition perpetuated by the "I don't want my son to look different" and "It's easier to clean" excuse.
    It has been shown to have medical benefits. When you can disprove that, then we can talk about whatever excuses you want to make for denying research.

    The obvious faliure is that you can't prove your statement so you try to misdirect.
    Uh, yeah, that's exactly what asking you to back up your assertions is there, slip.

    The word "little" is irrelevant to the point. The point BTW which you again try to misdirect from,again, instead of refute. That point being that the skin is an organ, the largest organ on or in our body, this includes the foreskin. As an organ its entirety is useful and necessary. I'm simply proving that you are wrong when you say "Those same purposes are achieved by the wearing of clothing rendering the usefulness of the foreskin void."
    Yet you've still failed to prove me wrong. Your little proud rooster dance where you strut and caw and preen yourself for your own amusement while claiming victory over the internets does not constitute a win. It's just you preening and strutting. Nothing more.

  6. #556
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    06-26-11 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Circumcision toll rises to 12

    Septicaemia claimed the life of a boy from Bisho after he underwent an illegal circumcision, the Eastern Cape health department said on Thursday.

    Spokesperson Sizwe Kupelo said the boy died on the way to hospital on Wednesday.

    This brought the death toll in the province's winter circumcision season to 12. All the victims had been at illegal circumcision schools.

    Besides the boy who died on Wednesday, two boys died from natural causes (such as respiratory diseases) and the rest from dehydration.

    News - Health: Circumcision toll rises to 12

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-bloke View Post
    Circumcision toll rises to 12

    Septicaemia claimed the life of a boy from Bisho after he underwent an illegal circumcision, the Eastern Cape health department said on Thursday.

    Spokesperson Sizwe Kupelo said the boy died on the way to hospital on Wednesday.

    This brought the death toll in the province's winter circumcision season to 12. All the victims had been at illegal circumcision schools.

    Besides the boy who died on Wednesday, two boys died from natural causes (such as respiratory diseases) and the rest from dehydration.

    News - Health: Circumcision toll rises to 12
    And that was not because of circumcision. It was because of illegal practice of medical procedures in an unsterile environment.

    Next?

  8. #558
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    06-26-11 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Mum to sue GP over son's botched circumcision operation


    A MUSLIM mother is planning legal action against a GP after her baby son's circumcision went wrong.

    Faiqa Akram paid 80 for three-month-old Naveed to be circumcised at a private clinic because she could not have the treatment on the NHS.

    But Naveed is one of four boys who have needed treatment at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire after suffering complications following private circumcisions.


    this would not have happened if the boy remained intact

    mother hits out at botched op|legal action against Manchester GP

  9. #559
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-bloke View Post
    Mum to sue GP over son's botched circumcision operation


    A MUSLIM mother is planning legal action against a GP after her baby son's circumcision went wrong.

    Faiqa Akram paid 80 for three-month-old Naveed to be circumcised at a private clinic because she could not have the treatment on the NHS.

    But Naveed is one of four boys who have needed treatment at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire after suffering complications following private circumcisions.


    this would not have happened if the boy remained intact

    mother hits out at botched op|legal action against Manchester GP
    This would not have happened if the boy had his circumcision done under proper conditions.

    So what are you doing? Peppering the thread with articles on every botch circumcision that was ever done anywhere?

    Let's just face it...your issue isn't the data. Your issue isn't whether or not circumcision is effective at diminishing STD transmission rates. And your issue isn't whether or not circumcision has hygeine benefits.

    Your issue is that you have a personal issue with circumcision. That's fine. You have that right and no one is trying to force circumcision on you. But at least address your issue for what it is: an emotional response to a scalpel near a penis. Nothing more.

  10. #560
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    06-26-11 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    This would not have happened if the boy had his circumcision done under proper conditions.

    So what are you doing? Peppering the thread with articles on every botch circumcision that was ever done anywhere?

    Let's just face it...your issue isn't the data. Your issue isn't whether or not circumcision is effective at diminishing STD transmission rates. And your issue isn't whether or not circumcision has hygeine benefits.

    Your issue is that you have a personal issue with circumcision. That's fine. You have that right and no one is trying to force circumcision on you. But at least address your issue for what it is: an emotional response to a scalpel near a penis. Nothing more.

    waa waaaa waaa stop talking against circumcision waaaa waaaa waaaaa waaaa waaaaaa waaaaa waaaa

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •