Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 603

Thread: Call for higher circumcision rate

  1. #531
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Citation please. Or we can simply consider this your uneducated opinion gained (pulled from thin air) from your desire to win an argument.
    Consider it whatever you want, slip. No one and definitely not fact are going to stop you from believing fairy tale you wish.

    If you think circumcision impairs sexual function, the onus is on you to prove that in some meaningful way. I can't prove a negative.

  2. #532
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I am not trying to refute that condom use is more effective than circumcision. Whether condom use is better is not the issue at hand. The issue is whether circumcision has the health benefit of decreasing STD transmission. I would be very interested to see you demonstrate where I have advocated circumcision as an alternative to condom use because as far as I recall, I haven't made any such claim, nor would I.
    I see you are trying to change the argument now because you can no longer keep up your specious line of reasoning. YOU may be trying to direct the argument to your benefit but the discussion has been on the necessity of the procedure. Just because you ignore the actual debate in order to push the argument away from your losing position doesn't hide that very fact.

    I NEVER made any claim against your claim, I have maintained that the procedure is not necessary considering the alternatives. But keep trying, the tack you're taking is transparent.


    Uh, no. It is a fact that the foreskin serves a protective function that is made obsolete by the fact that we where clothing.
    No, it's not a fact that clothing has made the function or necessity of the foreskin obsolete. Please provide the proof of this claim.

    And you still FAIL at demonstrating where I have been wrong. Speak to the studies or fold because that is all that is left for you to do.
    No, I have not only demonstrated that you are wrong I have proved it. We are not discussing whether or not your cited study is right or wrong. You can keep trying to end the debate on this position but it's obvious that it's your only out besides admitting you have lost.

    Somehow, I doubt you'll make the intelligent argument based on the history of this thread.
    I think it would be very easy to go through the history of this thread and see that my argument has been consistent and that you have avoided and obfuscated. Now you are trying to push the "prove my study is wrong" tack. I am not refuting your study since it is irrelevant to the discussion. I've simply used your study against you to show that your statistics are pointless. I have done so in various ways.

  3. #533
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Further, I highly doubt he can show any study that shows circumcised men are impaired sexually or seek out sexual pleasure than their uncircumcised counterparts.

    It's all pure conjecture and baseless opinion on his part. Like always.
    The more you talk in this thread the worse it gets for you.

    Does Circumcision Affect Sexual Sensitivity What Research Says about Circumcision and Sensitivity
    Does Circumcision Impact Physical Sexual Sensitivity?

    By Cory Silverberg, About.com

    Updated: January 08, 2008

    About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review Board

    Few would argue that circumcision changes physical sensitivity in the penis. By definition, circumcision is the cutting away of the foreskin, a part of the body that is rich with nerve endings. Circumcision also impacts the structure of the penis, and has a corresponding impact on penile sensation.
    Foreskin Sexual Function/Circumcision Sexual Dysfunction

    Erogenous tissue. the foreskin is heavily innervated even at birth and before.5 21 The foreskin is a specific erogenous zone6 with nerve endings near the surface of the ridged band arranged in rete ridges.29 The foreskin is noted for its sensory pleasure.12 36 51 Circumcision, therefore, diminishes sexual sensation.6 9 10 11 12 18 28 31 38 57 59 62 63 64
    Those little numbers there are th elinks to the citations on that page.

  4. #534
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Use of the word mutilation in the case of circumcision is correct because it is an unnecessary procedure and is therefore a mutilation. I can and have made my argument quite clear, reasonable and correct without using the word "mutilate". Would you like me to reiterate it for you or will you concede this point?
    You have no argument, face it. Plastic surgery in most cases are unnecessary. But thats not a mutilation, because you dont think its a bad thing.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #535
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    "Minimally": Do you have a penis?

    Do you have a medical study which determines that the loss of sensitivity in all men is minimal?
    Trying to give me an excuse to take a snap of it on webcam and stick it on DP are you slippery slope?

    Depends how much foreskin is removed. I can tell you loss of sensitivity in all men is minimal because we have the same amount of nerve endings in the foreskin, like most of us have one heart instead of two, its one of those things that are constant across the line unless your a special case.


    Do you have a penis? Then you cannot judge the amount of pleasure lost.
    Jesus christ im a male read the damn sig! I ****ing hate my name.

    The penis must still be cleaned even on men who have been circumcised. Therefore the hygiene benefit is not only, obviously, minimal but, since you must still perform hygienic cleansing the circumcision is unnecessary.
    Throughout the day do you KNOW how much bacteria can build up to cause infection or disease on the penis? You cant clear infection as simply once you've got it. Not all blokes carry around Penis polish and a hanky in the work place or stick there cocks in the sink to clean it "well". This is why circumcision is practicle, useful and effective.

    50% reduction in STDs does not equate to "safe sex".
    Its closer then an extra 50% isnt it?

    This is an ad hominem, in case you didn't realize.
    Ive lived long enough to know this. Ive also lived long enough to use it. Joke, Ad hominem, call it what you want. If your insulted by it, report it.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 06-24-09 at 04:10 PM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #536
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's not refutation. That's a subject change.
    It's actually you that is trying, desperately, to change the subject.

    And a bunch of hysterical and subjective nonsense along with an outright lie.
    Prove it instead of bloviating.

    Another outright lie as evidenced by the fact that we have elective cosmetic surgery right.
    Is it your claim now that circumcision is cosmetic surgery? I thought in an earlier post you said we aren't talking about other parts of the body and you also said we aren't talking about other procedures... desperation will get you introuble.

    Now prove the outright lie.


    And more irrelevant "Jebus knocked me down and took my lunch money" nonsense because no one here is making a religious argument except you.
    It is part of my argument. I'm sorry if you don't like the truth of my argument.

    The underlined part of your response is an ad hominem, in case you didn't realize.

    And decrease STD transmission.
    Right, 50%. There are more effective means, making circumcision a poor choice.

    Oh and your lack of understanding of how logical fallacies apply doesn't take anything away from my argument, mostly because you are wrong anyway.
    What logical fallacy do I not understand? Ad hominem? Please do prove your statement.

    I only did in response to a specific question asking "what other body parts".
    Did you truncate my quote? That would be deceptive.

    And you calling me a hypocrite...ad hom. A reported ad hom at that.
    It's not an ad hom if it is actually true and provable, which it is and I did.

    I can only laugh at that last part. Are you hoping to get the thread closed so you can escape?

  7. #537
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Sexually Impaired? Pathetic, another dramatic nonsense term to further his weak case.

    A) Seeking sexual pleasure and getting horny is dictated by testosterone releases and is of no relation to the nerve endings.

    B) Amount of pleasure recieved during sex is of relation to the nerve endings. Our penis and glands however contain 10's of million of nerve endings, which is why when the foreskin is removed, and approx 100,000 nerve endings as a result, it makes little to absolutely no noticable difference during sex. As i have stated already, biologically speaking, loosing 100,000 nerve endings is nothing. It also scares me that people think more of there sexual pleasure then the safety of others and there own health. I think its pretty selfish, especially because you have nothing to loose.
    Unless you'd like to take back your statements as being nothing more than your opinion, I'll have to ask for the proof of your... facts. Got links?

  8. #538
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I can only laugh at that last part. Are you hoping to get the thread closed so you can escape?
    No, I am hoping that you learn to stop being a jerk that hinders all discussion with your nastiness.

    I also wouldn't mind if you got thread banned at least so that the rest of us who want to debate rather than childishly posture can do so without your disruptions.

  9. #539
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Must....


    Mutilate.....


    Children.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    ....Must.....Mutilate......CHILDREN!!!!
    why does your tone indicate that you care about the children

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  10. #540
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Unless you'd like to take back your statements as being nothing more than your opinion, I'll have to ask for the proof of your... facts. Got links?
    Before i give you any links, i want you to first refute my statements with links of your own, if existant.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •