Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 603

Thread: Call for higher circumcision rate

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Yeah, new guy, remember, when making ad homs you must avoid using the persons name. Some people learned this and some people, now designate themselves as selfrighteous hypocrite hall monitors who will report you because they can't be moderators themselves.


    No remove tonsils and appendix because they are infected. If your doctor tells you to have your healthy tonsils or appendix removed preemptively, you should RUN not walk away from him/her.

    Hair and nails... need some more straws to grasp at?


    Circumcision does fall within the definition.


    Citations?


    citations?

    Wearing a condom is more effective.


    And afterwords we'll discuss the pros and cons of removing fingers to prevent theft.

    The honest debate is no debate. Teach your kids to wash their penis/vagina/ass and they will be more healthy instead of mutilating for the sake of ease.
    I already gave you citations. I'm not giving them again. I suggest you read.

    And your little ad hom? Reported as promised.

  2. #392
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    06-26-11 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Wow, so even when faced with a bulletin directly from the WHO and UNAIDS that tells you they recommend it, along with a statement detailing who, including national health organizations, was involved, you're really going to keep going with this. Amazing.
    and national medical organizations around the world disagree i don't see and hear Japan, Europe and other places where intact males are the norm telling their male citizens to circumcise to prevent STDs










    None of which rebuts my point, but whatever.




    By most of the world, you mean Canada? Because the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, disagrees with Canada.

    again no national medical organization recommended circumcision

    and there are better way like contraception and sex education to reduce and fight STDs
    the only other ones i can think of is abstinence and monogamy and i said most of the world INCLUDING Canada




    Most of the world outside of U.S.A and isreal disagrees and

    including Canada
    what does the CDC say?



    The most reliable ways to avoid becoming infected with or transmitting STDs are:

    * Abstain from sexual intercourse (i.e., oral, vaginal, or anal sex)
    * Be in a long-term, mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner

    Latex male condoms, when used consistently and correctly, can reduce the risk of transmission of chlamydia 1, gonorrhea 2, and trichomoniasis.3


    Reducing Your Risk of STD Infection

    All partners should get tested for HIV and other STDs before initiating sexual intercourse. However, if you decide to be sexually active with a partner whose infection status is unknown or who is infected with HIV or another STD, you can reduce your risk of contracting an STD:

    * Ask a new sex partner if he or she has an STD, has been exposed to one, or has any unexplained physical symptoms. Do not have unprotected sex if your partner has signs or symptoms of STDs, such as sores, rashes, or discharge from the genital area. Many common STDs have no symptoms but can still be transmitted to a sexual partner. If your partner has had sexual relations with someone else recently, he or she may have an STD, even if there are no symptoms.
    * Use a new condom for each act of insertive intercourse. Correct and consistent use of latex condoms and other barriers can reduce the risk of transmission only when the infected area or site of potential exposure is protected.
    * Get regular checkups for STDs (even if you show no symptoms), and be familiar with the common symptoms. Most STDs are readily treated, and the earlier treatment is sought and sex partners are notified, the less likely the disease will do irreparable damage.

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-bloke View Post
    and national medical organizations around the world disagree i don't see and hear Japan, Europe and other places where intact males are the norm telling their male citizens to circumcise to prevent STDs.
    Well I guess if a ****ing Belgian is in charge of the study and making the recommendations for a joint effort by the entire world, then that's just some American circumfetish propaganda (code for I have a problem making arguments so I will instead caterwaul hyperemotionally and hope it works)?

    But please, do impart to us more of your boundlessly wise opinion. Because you sure ain't handing over much in the way of fact.

    Alright, here's an idea. You show me what NATIONAL health organizations specifically disagree with circumcision worldwide and we can work from there. Mkay?

    But as it stands, you got Canada for anti-circumcision and I got THE WORLD in favor of.
    Last edited by jallman; 06-22-09 at 04:30 PM.

  4. #394
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    As Moses said to Pharaoh: Let my penis go.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #395
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    06-26-11 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well I guess if a ****ing Belgian is in charge of the study and making the recommendations for a joint effort by the entire world, then that's just some American circumfetish propaganda (code for I have a problem making arguments so I will instead caterwaul hyperemotionally and hope it works)?

    But please, do impart to us more of your boundlessly wise opinion. Because you sure ain't handing over much in the way of fact.

    Alright, here's an idea. You show me what NATIONAL health organizations specifically disagree with circumcision worldwide and we can work from there. Mkay?

    But as it stands, you got Canada for anti-circumcision and I got THE WORLD in favor of.


    you still have not list one NATIONAL not international NATIONAL medical organization telling thier male citizens to get cut to prevent STDs the key word is NATIONAL

  6. #396
    Student Catman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    07-14-09 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    176

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    As Columbus circumcised the globe.

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-bloke View Post
    you still have not list one NATIONAL not international NATIONAL medical organization telling thier male citizens to get cut to prevent STDs the key word is NATIONAL
    So it really is about you moving the goal posts around until you find a stalemate for lack of free moves.

    You don't get to set the parameters here, chuckles. You asked for a health organization. I gave you the most comprehensive and representative one in the world.

    You either refute or fess up to having nothing but this moving the goal posts **** you're doing is epic FAIL.

    But it is rather funny to watch considering how you came out on the attack and were discovered to have tiny teeth and dull claws.

  8. #398
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Moderator's Warning:
    Call for higher circumcision rateCut the trolling and the name calling. Next person to make a personal attack is getting booted from the thread

  9. #399
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    06-26-11 @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So it really is about you moving the goal posts around until you find a stalemate for lack of free moves.

    You don't get to set the parameters here, chuckles. You asked for a health organization. I gave you the most comprehensive and representative one in the world.

    You either refute or fess up to having nothing but this moving the goal posts **** you're doing is epic FAIL.

    But it is rather funny to watch considering how you came out on the attack and were discovered to have tiny teeth and dull claws.


    Position Statements of Medical Societies in English-Speaking Countries

    Position Statements of Medical Societies
    in English-Speaking Countries




    2003 British Medical Association

    “The BMA does not believe that parental preference alone constitutes sufficient grounds for performing a surgical procedure on a child unable to express his own view. . . . Parental preference must be weighed in terms of the child's interests. . . . The BMA considers that the evidence concerning health benefit from non-therapeutic circumcision is insufficient for this alone to be a justification for doing it. . . . Some doctors may wish to not perform circumcisions for reasons of conscience. Doctors are under no obligation to comply with a request to circumcise a child.”

    2002 Royal Australasian College of Physicians

    “After extensive review of the literature the RACP reaffirms that there is no medical indication for routine male circumcision. The possibility that routine circumcision may contravene human rights has been raised because circumcision is performed on a minor and is without proven medical benefit. . . . Review of the literature in relation to risks and benefits shows there is no evidence of benefit outweighing harm for circumcision as a routine procedure.”

    2002 Canadian Paediatric Society (reaffirmed 1996 position)

    “Circumcision of newborns should not be routinely performed.”

    2000 American Medical Association

    “The AMA supports the general principles of the 1999 Circumcision Policy Statement of the American Academy of Pediatrics.”

    1999 American Academy of Pediatrics

    “Existing scientific evidence demonstrates potential medical benefits of newborn male circumcision; however, these data are not sufficient to recommend routine neonatal circumcision.”

    1996 Australian College of Paediatrics

    “The Australasian Association of Paediatric Surgeons has informed the College that ‘neonatal male circumcision has no medical indication. It is a traumatic procedure performed without anaesthesia to remove a normal functional and protective prepuce [foreskin].’ ”

    1996 Australasian Association of Paediatric Surgeons

    “We do not support the removal of a normal part of the body, unless there are definite indications to justify the complications and risks which may arise. In particular, we are opposed to male children being subjected to a procedure, which had they been old enough to consider the advantages and disadvantages, may well have opted to reject the operation and retain their prepuce [foreskin]....The 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child states that ‘State parties should take all effective and appropriate measures with a view to abolishing traditional practices prejudicial to the health of children.’ ”


    Circumcision and HIV

    National medical organizations unanimously find no proven medical benefit for circumcision and do not recommend it

  10. #400
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-bloke View Post
    National medical organizations unanimously find no proven medical benefit for circumcision and do not recommend it
    Actually, you're wrong.

    They do NOT unanimously find no proven medical benefit...they find no proven medical benefit that THEY DEEM is worthy enough to recommend it. I know for a fact the AMA has stated there ARE medical benefits for it of which you can find talked about earlier in this thread when this line of conversation had already occured.

    I know for a fact as well that while the AMA does not recommend circumcision, they also do not recommend AGAINST it, actually stating that there are legitimate reasons on both sides and that they encourage parents to examine the benefits and risks of all sides and make their OWN decision.

    The medical data on this is as damaging to the side that says you 100% shouldn't circumsize as it is for those that say you should. There is recognized medical benefits, and the AMA neither supports nor rejects the act.

    So you're wrong, it is NOT unanimously

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •