Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 603

Thread: Call for higher circumcision rate

  1. #181
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Balking is one thing. It all comes down to you (general you, not you personally) judging the decisions of other people. And it's really none of anyone's business. It comes down to parental rights to make choices for their children. I chose when to cut his hair for the first time. I choose when he gets to eat candy. I choose his bed time. I make choices on his education. I make choices on his medical care. He's in my care, and I make responsible choices for his well being.
    Judging the decisions of others? Well **** yes. If someone tells me they cut off part of their infant's body for no medical reason, then I'm going to ****ing judge them. You're goddamn right. Because he's in your care, should you have the right to cut off any other parts of his body you think he shouldn't have? Or is it just limited to part of his penis? Why not his pinky toe? Or his earlobes?

    I assume you're a pro-choice woman (I am, too). We make sure women have the right to end the life of a fetus without any concern as to whether or not that child wanted their LIFE.
    Apples and oranges. One is a person, the other is not.

    Yet, we're hung up here on the choice to remove a foreskin. I'd ask every man here whose had a circumcision: Would you rather have made the choice yourself and faced the procedure tomorrow, or are you glad it's over and done with and you have no memory of it?
    Why do you presume that any man would WANT to be circumcised?

    I have never met a man yet who wishes he had his foreskin back.
    They never have the choice to care one way or another. They don't get to experience life with that part of their natural body to know whether or not they'd like it removed. That choice is taken away from them. And how many uncut men actually WANT to be cut? And is anyone stopping them from doing it? Why not just give men the choice and see just how important it is to them to have part of their dicks removed?

  2. #182
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Judging the decisions of others? Well **** yes. If someone tells me they cut off part of their infant's body for no medical reason,
    The organization YOU entered into the discussion of things and quoted as a source of respect on this issue disagrees with you in regards to there being no medical reason. They find there is enough legitimate medical reasons (and not just life and death reasons) that it is reasonable for Parents to be allowed to make the decision based on unbiased facts and personal feelings in regards to the issues, not supporting either doing it or not doing it. You can't enter an organization into discussion as a legitimate source and then start stating things opposite of what they state as if its fact.

  3. #183
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    I honestly don't mind being judged. We decided to circumsize our son. I have no regrets whatsoever. People could call me a genital mutilator or a horrible parent, and I wouldn't care. I'm confident of my parenting skills, no matter how imperfect they may be at times.

    (As an aside, I seriously considered terminating this pregnancy. So cutting off a piece of skin on my son's pee pee seems like NOTHING compared to what I contemplated.)

  4. #184
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The organization YOU entered into the discussion of things and quoted as a source of respect on this issue disagrees with you in regards to there being no medical reason. They find there is enough legitimate medical reasons (and not just life and death reasons) that it is reasonable for Parents to be allowed to make the decision based on unbiased facts and personal feelings in regards to the issues, not supporting either doing it or not doing it. You can't enter an organization into discussion as a legitimate source and then start stating things opposite of what they state as if its fact.
    I quoted the fact that they don't recommend it. So what if they feel it should be left up to the parents to decide for themselves whether or not to cut off parts of their children? I disagree with them wholeheartedly on the latter.

    Awww... you mean if wittle johnny doesn't clean his wee wee he could get an infection? Well no **** sherlock. That's not a goddamn reason to cut off part of his dick. Jesus ****ing christ. I am still completely baffled as to how intelligent people can defend this barbaric treatment of our society's infant boys.

    Hey, if you cut off your kid's pinky toes, he won't get toenail fungus on them. So, we should do that as a preventative measure just in case he's not intelligent enough to wash his ****ing feet.

  5. #185
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I honestly don't mind being judged. We decided to circumsize our son. I have no regrets whatsoever. People could call me a genital mutilator or a horrible parent, and I wouldn't care. I'm confident of my parenting skills, no matter how imperfect they may be at times.

    (As an aside, I seriously considered terminating this pregnancy. So cutting off a piece of skin on my son's pee pee seems like NOTHING compared to what I contemplated.)
    And the parents of the little girls whose genitals they mutilate, I'm sure they're confident of their parenting skills too, and probably don't care if you judge them.

  6. #186
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    And the parents of the little girls whose genitals they mutilate, I'm sure they're confident of their parenting skills too, and probably don't care if you judge them.
    You are so over-the-top on this issue that I don't even care what you say anymore on this subject matter. You can compare boys to girls, and it means NOTHING to me. *yawn*

  7. #187
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    You are so over-the-top on this issue that I don't even care what you say anymore on this subject matter. You can compare boys to girls, and it means NOTHING to me. *yawn*
    I know. It's okay to mutilate boys, but not okay to mutilate girls. I getcha.

    And yes, it's SOOO over the top to compare the exact same surgeries between genders.

  8. #188
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I quoted the fact that they don't recommend it.
    Ah, so effectively they are a useful and respected source on the issue in regards to the part you agree with, not recommending it. But they are wrong and not worthy of consideration when they disagree with you, in that they don't recommend AGAINST it either and state there are legitimate medical reasons to do it.

    Got it.

  9. #189
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ah, so effectively they are a useful and respected source on the issue in regards to the part you agree with, not recommending it. But they are wrong and not worthy of consideration when they disagree with you, in that they don't recommend AGAINST it either and state there are legitimate medical reasons to do it.

    Got it.
    Yes. I agree with them on part of the issue, and disagree with them on the other part. I completely agree there's no reason to recommend cutting off part of your infant's dick. I completely disagree that parents should still be allowed the decision to do so. You see, one is a medical issue, the other is a legal issue. I agree on the medical issue. I disagree on the legal issue they weighed in on that they really have no say in.

  10. #190
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Again, you seem to be mistaking not specifically saying "you should" with saying "you shouldn't". They say that there's legitiamte medical reason to do EITHER, therefore the parents should make the decision themselves as there's no clear cut medical "do this" or "do that" answer.

Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •