Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 603

Thread: Call for higher circumcision rate

  1. #141
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Tell ya the truth, i was born 3.5 months premature weighed 1 pound 10 ounces and had neck,open heart, and arm surgery when I was born. My parents took me to get circ'ed when i was a baby but the doc said I had been through enough pain and that circumcision was not necessary and just teach proper hygiene. So that's why i'm not cut. I would hope a girl would never turn me down because of that that's kinda jacked up lol . I mean hopefully if i can get her to where she is willing to take the pants off the rest won't matter, who i suppose there are shallow people out there .

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing86 View Post
    Tell ya the truth, i was born 3.5 months premature weighed 1 pound 10 ounces and had neck,open heart, and arm surgery when I was born. My parents took me to get circ'ed when i was a baby but the doc said I had been through enough pain and that circumcision was not necessary and just teach proper hygiene. So that's why i'm not cut. I would hope a girl would never turn me down because of that that's kinda jacked up lol . I mean hopefully if i can get her to where she is willing to take the pants off the rest won't matter, who i suppose there are shallow people out there .

    Wow that is some serious stuff you went through. Good to have you around.

  3. #143
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    The people that keep saying it has no medical baring what so ever are simply wrong. Medical fact is against you and you can go on with the absolutely bogus claim of "mutiliation" all you want, it doesn't change the fact you're wrong. Studies have shown it has medical benefits. Whether those benefits are enough to do it or not is entirely up to the Parents, but the main pediatric medical group in America does not recommend against circumcision and does state there are legitimate medical reasons for it.

    As far as "just wear a condom or clean it well", again, even if you do those it can still be medically beneficial in regards to urinary tract infection, STD's, and general cleanliness and the ramifications that can bring upon you. Yes "just wear a condom" sounds great. If they had a vaccine for the common cold would you not get it because you "just wash your hands" all the time and avoid sick people? Vaccinations in and of themselves have been known to have serious side effects including death but we routinely give them to kids because parents decide taht the benefits outweigh the risks. I guess all those in the mutilator crowd will also now be saying that parents like to stab and shank their children too?

    The mutilation crowd in this are some of the most over the top, hyper emotional, laughable people within the scope of a debate I've seen in some time generally on par with what you see from both hysterical sides in teh abortion debate. The hyperbolic over generalizations made are just astounding to think a rational mind is coming up iwth them. Not to mention the ONLY way one could even fit circmucision into the definition of mutilation would require one also to believe they mutilate their child every time they cut their hair, pull a tooth, clip finger nails, or cut the umbillical cord.

  4. #144
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing86 View Post
    Tell ya the truth, i was born 3.5 months premature weighed 1 pound 10 ounces and had neck,open heart, and arm surgery when I was born. My parents took me to get circ'ed when i was a baby but the doc said I had been through enough pain and that circumcision was not necessary and just teach proper hygiene. So that's why i'm not cut. I would hope a girl would never turn me down because of that that's kinda jacked up lol . I mean hopefully if i can get her to where she is willing to take the pants off the rest won't matter, who i suppose there are shallow people out there .
    You're alright in my book, Rightwing. I am thrilled that you survived after your premature birth and multiple surgeries. I love that your doctor was concerned about your level of pain. Very, very cool!

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    This is the stupidest topic of all and it is amazing how many of you seem to be fatuated with this nonissue topic. What's next, toe jam?
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    My point about raising the issue of post traumatic stress disorder was that everyone reacts to the same or similar set of facts differently. Not all children who are born to adults with alcoholism will develop alcoholism.
    Alcoholism =/= circumcision. False premise.

    Second, if a 14 year old, also under parental guardianship, were strapped to a table and forced to be circumcised, it would be against the law. Yet it's okay to do it to a baby because it cannot cry out, refuse, or resist. Cowardice at its finest.

    Your entire premise operates under the assumption that babies don't feel the impact of what is done to them, that they are stupid or numb. They're not. Even in late stage pregnancies, a fetus in the womb is learning by hearing the sounds of its mother talk and the various stimulus that penentrates the womb.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Not every child who has had his foreskin cut off is going to have some sort of "untold effects" on their psyche.
    All I am saying is that there is some effect. There HAS to be. You are ripping a part of their body off while they are completely conscious. You are arguing that some have NO effects. I think this is BS.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    What I find so strange is that a child coming out of a woman's body is traumatized by the experience. There they are in a womb that is comfortable for them. They come out into the world, and they have to learn to breathe through their mouth. They are freaked out by the fact that they are no longer confined. We all go through it.
    The body of the baby comes out in tact. Yes, the birthing process is traumatic, mostly because of the hormones involved in order to trigger labour and produce the necessary contractions. Please don't compare a natural process like birth to genital mutilation. That is laughable.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I had my ears pierced when I was two weeks old. No anesthesia. Apparently, I screamed and cried. Has that had any "untold effect" on my psyche? According to you, it has, and you don't even know me.
    Maybe if your parents skinned your ear, it would be comparable.

  7. #147
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    This is the stupidest topic of all and it is amazing how many of you seem to be fatuated with this nonissue topic. What's next, toe jam?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Call for higher circumcision rateIf it's so stupid, ignore it. Don't troll it.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #148
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Ok lets settle this topic. In my opinion I believe a child should make the decision (when they are older) I just don't think that the medical benefits outweigh losing of the foreskin. The study says that the UK has low circumcision rates and also low rates of infections among people so it's obviously not that beneficial.

    Secondly I believe the reason people are getting offended is because people on the other isle openly insult some of us with foreskin. I don't know if you people realize this but to get a circumcision later in life for aesthetic reasons cost 6,000 $+ I don't have that type of money, also I have become very fond of the skin because of the way i beat it. So i don't wanna just get rid of it.

    People blatently make fun of people with foreskin, they say they are sick, gross, disgusting, "make or break in relationships" etc. Take a step back, how would you all feel if you had something that you could not "pay" to remove ?and yet everyone says your sick and disgusting, "dick cheese carrier" etc etc. It's ****ed up. The OP, take a look at how he regards us with foreskin, for an example. That's why people get so irritated, thats why people get angry. At least in my respective viewpoint.

    I don't think the foreskin should be removed unless it has a really good reason. I understand your point about how "it does have some benefits" I understand that. But, the question I guess it raises is, do I want to put my kid through that pain, for like a what? 5% prevention chance? I love my foreskin man, it feels good, it works nice, it doesn't smell or have bacteria fungus comin out or anything, I mean comon that would be absurd. And if a girl didnt wanna go down, im not gonna be like "BITCH GO DOWN ON THAT RIGHT Now and make her..." No. I would be like ok lemme go wash it real quick and bam, problem solved.

    This is just my opinion but, please take it into account.

  9. #149
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Alcoholism =/= circumcision. False premise.

    Second, if a 14 year old, also under parental guardianship, were strapped to a table and forced to be circumcised, it would be against the law. Yet it's okay to do it to a baby because it cannot cry out, refuse, or resist. Cowardice at its finest.

    Your entire premise operates under the assumption that babies don't feel the impact of what is done to them, that they are stupid or numb. They're not. Even in late stage pregnancies, a fetus in the womb is learning by hearing the sounds of its mother talk and the various stimulus that penentrates the womb.
    Excuse me? That is what you deduced from my post? That I think they don't feel the impact of what is done to them--that they're stupid or numb? Are you kidding me? Give me a break, Orius. My point is that not every instance of pain is going to have some negative effect on someone.

    I believe that the removal of the foreskin doesn't have a long-term effect on a boy. That's my opinion, and your stating otherwise doesn't remotely impact that opinion, since you provide NO clinical basis for your assertion.

    Cowardice at its finest. Overly dramatic much?



    All I am saying is that there is some effect. There HAS to be. You are ripping a part of their body off while they are completely conscious. You are arguing that some have NO effects. I think this is BS.
    "There HAS to be." Sorry. Not buying it. There doesn't have to be. It's that simple. There may be, sure. But "have"--no way.


    The body of the baby comes out in tact. Yes, the birthing process is traumatic, mostly because of the hormones involved in order to trigger labour and produce the necessary contractions. Please don't compare a natural process like birth to genital mutilation. That is laughable.
    Then laugh. I don't care.



    Maybe if your parents skinned your ear, it would be comparable.
    Yeah, whatever.

  10. #150
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    The story about the origins of circumcision, put to song (Sung to the tune of War Pigs by Black Sabbath.)

    Smegma gathered up in masses...
    Just like butt-cheese in our assess...
    Evil Foreskin plots desruction...
    Ugly penis-tip obstruction...
    STD's have got it burning...
    For something cleaner God was yearning...
    It is the bane of all mankind...
    If it remains he'll lose his mind... Oh lord yeah!

    (musical interlude)

    That's when God got his mind to say
    "No more foreskins anymore,
    When I made them I though that I was right
    But I don't think that way no more"

    So God decreed that he had changed his mind
    Foreskins really ain't that fun
    And if those Gentiles all refuse to cut
    Wait till their judgment day comes... yeah.

    (Musical interlude)

    Now in darkness Mohels start snipping....
    As the babies all start yipping...
    No more foreskins have the power...
    Hand of God has struck the hour...
    Day of Judgment God is calling...
    On their knees the uncut are crawling...
    Beggin mercy for their foreskins...
    Satan Laughing spreads his wings!
    All right now!




Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •