Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 603

Thread: Call for higher circumcision rate

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    I don't support genital mutilation for any reason except a pre-existing medical condition that warrants the removal of the foreskin (i.e. tumors, chronic infection, paraphimosis, etc.) People all over the world would never condone female circumcision (the removal of the clitoris), yet they would sanction the removal of the sensitive foreskin, the natural protection for the glans.

    Removal of the foreskin causes a karotenoid layer to form over the glans, reducing sensitivity and making it prone to dryness and chaffing. Furthermore, I have seen more than adequate research put forward to suggest that infant circumcision neurologically alters the way a person perceives pain later in life. Circumcision cannot be performed with anaesthetic because of the risk it poses to the life of the infant, so it is done while they are fully conscious. I disagree when people say that babies are too young to remember it. If you had your foreskin chopped off, the pain would be so unimaginable that you too would block the memory, but the effects of it would drive deep into your subconscious and have untold effects for the rest of your life.

    Aside from the relatively rare medical instances that require circumcision, there are only cultural and aesthetic reasons for this barbaric practice. I have long been averse to the non-medical professionals, such as rabbis, being allowed to circumcise babies outside of medical facilities. If any other adult were to try and mutilate a young boy, they would be called a pedophile and sent to jail, yet it's okay for someone to do it in the name of religion. Some cultural/religious customs should be made illegal, I don't care how much respect we afford their values in modern times. In any case, the removal of the foreskin on religious grounds stem from beliefs against masturbation, but clearly this doesn't stop young men from masturbating.

    If people's foreskin is "gross", then there is a simple solution: learn to clean yourself. The problem is not the foreskin itself, but the matter that is trapped inside due to lack of proper cleaning. Even men who are circumcized who don't clean themselves adequately are going to stink. Teach your children proper hygiene, and if your partner is "gross" down there, you need to sit down and have a talk with them, regardless if they are uncircumcised or not. The solution is not cutting off a natural part of the male body that they are born with.

    There is nothing "gross" about the human body you are born with.
    Last edited by Orion; 03-27-09 at 06:16 AM.

  2. #132
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I don't support genital mutilation for any reason except a pre-existing medical condition that warrants the removal of the foreskin (i.e. tumors, chronic infection, paraphimosis, etc.) People all over the world would never condone female circumcision (the removal of the clitoris), yet they would sanction the removal of the sensitive foreskin, the natural protection for the glans.

    Removal of the foreskin causes a karotenoid layer to form over the glans, reducing sensitivity and making it prone to dryness and chaffing. Furthermore, I have seen more than adequate research put forward to suggest that infant circumcision neurologically alters the way a person perceives pain later in life. Circumcision cannot be performed with anaesthetic because of the risk it poses to the life of the infant, so it is done while they are fully conscious. I disagree when people say that babies are too young to remember it. If you had your foreskin chopped off, the pain would be so unimaginable that you too would block the memory, but the effects of it would drive deep into your subconscious and have untold effects for the rest of your life.

    Aside from the relatively rare medical instances that require circumcision, there are only cultural and aesthetic reasons for this barbaric practice. I have long been averse to the non-medical professionals, such as rabbis, being allowed to circumcise babies outside of medical facilities. If any other adult were to try and mutilate a young boy, they would be called a pedophile and sent to jail, yet it's okay for someone to do it in the name of religion. Some cultural/religious customs should be made illegal, I don't care how much respect we afford their values in modern times. In any case, the removal of the foreskin on religious grounds stem from beliefs against masturbation, but clearly this doesn't stop young men from masturbating.

    If people's foreskin is "gross", then there is a simple solution: learn to clean yourself. The problem is not the foreskin itself, but the matter that is trapped inside due to lack of proper cleaning. Even men who are circumcized who don't clean themselves adequately are going to stink. Teach your children proper hygiene, and if your partner is "gross" down there, you need to sit down and have a talk with them, regardless if they are uncircumcised or not. The solution is not cutting off a natural part of the male body that they are born with.

    There is nothing "gross" about the human body you are born with.
    Oh brother. I don't mean to be a jerk, but you write like you're an authoritarian on what impacts people's psyche and what does not. Sorry, I don't give your assessment any probative value whatsoever. "Untold effects." Gag me.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Oh brother. I don't mean to be a jerk, but you write like you're an authoritarian on what impacts people's psyche and what does not. Sorry, I don't give your assessment any probative value whatsoever. "Untold effects." Gag me.
    I think it's naive to think that mutilating a baby's genitals, while they are conscious, is going to have no effects on their psyche.

  4. #134
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I think it's naive to think that mutilating a baby's genitals, while they are conscious, is going to have no effects on their psyche.
    I think it's naive to think that mutilating a baby's genitals (which I do not think circumcision is), while they are conscious, is going to have effects on every baby's psyche. Let's take the war for example. Not every service person who witnesses death, mutilation, etc. is going to develop post traumatic stress disorder. Each person is different. You can't make a general statement that everyone will be impacted by a certain circumstance. That is the definition of naive.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I think it's naive to think that mutilating a baby's genitals (which I do not think circumcision is), while they are conscious, is going to have effects on every baby's psyche. Let's take the war for example. Not every service person who witnesses death, mutilation, etc. is going to develop post traumatic stress disorder. Each person is different. You can't make a general statement that everyone will be impacted by a certain circumstance. That is the definition of naive.
    I didn't say "every". I also made no mention of PTSD, you did.

    Your war example is flawed. First, they are adults, and second, they make the choice to volunteer for the service. Infants are not given that choice when their foreskin is cut off.

    And yes it is genital mutilation. The foreskin is a natural part of the penis, and its function is to protect the glans. Circumcision, in the vast majority of cases, is simply removing it for aesthetic or religious appeal.

    The vast majority of circumcisions are performed without anaesthesia. Don't tell me that that's not going to affect a child who is new to the world.

  6. #136
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    I love how woman think they have any idea on whats going on in a males mind when they decide to cut off a piece of their dick. It's actually laughable. I love how there is still no conclusive evidence that cutting off the foreskin prevents anything that could be prevented with showering daily and using a condom... and yet people still do it. No wonder circumcision has been declining over the past 30 years finally the dumb ass people are dying off. People cut off the foreskin because they don't want their kid to "look" different than the rest, aside from religious reasons, it's ****ing pathetic.

  7. #137
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I didn't say "every". I also made no mention of PTSD, you did.

    Your war example is flawed. First, they are adults, and second, they make the choice to volunteer for the service. Infants are not given that choice when their foreskin is cut off.

    And yes it is genital mutilation. The foreskin is a natural part of the penis, and its function is to protect the glans. Circumcision, in the vast majority of cases, is simply removing it for aesthetic or religious appeal.

    The vast majority of circumcisions are performed without anaesthesia. Don't tell me that that's not going to affect a child who is new to the world.
    My point about raising the issue of post traumatic stress disorder was that everyone reacts to the same or similar set of facts differently. Not all children who are born to adults with alcoholism will develop alcoholism.

    Not every child who has had his foreskin cut off is going to have some sort of "untold effects" on their psyche.

    What I find so strange is that a child coming out of a woman's body is traumatized by the experience. There they are in a womb that is comfortable for them. They come out into the world, and they have to learn to breathe through their mouth. They are freaked out by the fact that they are no longer confined. We all go through it.

    I had my ears pierced when I was two weeks old. No anesthesia. Apparently, I screamed and cried. Has that had any "untold effect" on my psyche? According to you, it has, and you don't even know me.

  8. #138
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing86 View Post
    I love how woman think they have any idea on whats going on in a males mind when they decide to cut off a piece of their dick. It's actually laughable. I love how there is still no conclusive evidence that cutting off the foreskin prevents anything that could be prevented with showering daily and using a condom... and yet people still do it. No wonder circumcision has been declining over the past 30 years finally the dumb ass people are dying off. People cut off the foreskin because they don't want their kid to "look" different than the rest, aside from religious reasons, it's ****ing pathetic.
    Oh, okay. My husband is circumsized, and he had no problem with circumsizing our son. If it makes you feel better to call us dumb asses, have at it. I don't care. If we had a second son, he would get his foreskin cut off as well.

  9. #139
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    APS why did you get your son circumsized if i may ask? Because your doctor said it could decrease std's, was their a medical reason for it? You wanted him to be like the father? I'm just curious. If it was for a medical reason I apologize for calling you dumb. I just feel that so many people get it done because it can prevent std's but... so do condoms.. and it irritates me when women say "ew it's gross" have you women looked at your vaginas? I mean it looks like predator when he opens his mouth. But I still go down on them if they want it. So meh.

  10. #140
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Call for higher circumcision rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing86 View Post
    APS why did you get your son circumsized if i may ask? Because your doctor said it could decrease std's, was their a medical reason for it? You wanted him to be like the father? I'm just curious. If it was for a medical reason I apologize for calling you dumb. I just feel that so many people get it done because it can prevent std's but... so do condoms.. and it irritates me when women say "ew it's gross" have you women looked at your vaginas? I mean it looks like predator when he opens his mouth. But I still go down on them if they want it. So meh.
    Thank you! My husband is Jewish and we are raising our son Jewish (I am not Jewish). It's really about religious tradition. It never occurred to us to NOT circumsize him.

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •