Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting energy

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Exactly what are you trying to refute? They do use thermal sensors to pick up the heat lamps used for pot growing houses. Once detected they can use that information to get a warrant. Even if you aren't growing pot, the fact that the thermal sensors pick it up is enough for a warrant.
    Key word here; WARRANT. The notion that this is anything similar to the thread topic is a desperate attempt on your part to interject your personal warped political views about evil Amerika.

    Your statements earlier were absurd attempts to dramatize the LEGAL actions of the police doing their job while attempting to suggest that this is as absurd as what was in the thread topic and inferring that the DEA can just wantonly break your doors down.

  2. #32
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I would love to see any evidence to suppor the absurd assertions NextEra makes.
    Supreme Court Nixes Warrantless Heat-Sensor Searches, Oregon Grow-Op Case Updates Fourth Amendment to Deal With New Technologies The supreme court narrowly overturned the practice, but the fact is that is was being used.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    These problems are caused by people acting in an irresponsible manner and or simply breaking the law.
    I will not go into the marijuana part, this seems to be hopeless - how can one argue with fools ?(those who advocate that the government should protect people from themselves)...
    In England, a law must have been passed to control and police energy "waste"........aka EPA in the USA...
    A man should know his laws, even if he has to hire an attorney to decipher them and read the 900,000 pages on which they are written..
    (many governments do not want the people to know the law, so they bury it in the 900,000 pages..)
    I'd hate to pay that fine one could be subject to....simply by leaving a door open....
    Seriously, in all nations, people must participate in politics a lot more; otherwise, the governments will waste all kinds of money - and they really do not know any better....like a two year old child.
    Pretending that this news is bogus, is similar to a man burying his head in the sand...

  4. #34
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting energy | Mail Online
    Last updated at 2:40 AM on 24th March 2009





    You Brits have to do something about your government, it going too far every day it seems.

    These guys have way to much time on their hands.

    I thought only the middle east had religious police patrolling the area to make sure everyone is obeying the strict religious code.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #35
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Key word here; WARRANT. The notion that this is anything similar to the thread topic is a desperate attempt on your part to interject your personal warped political views about evil Amerika.

    Your statements earlier were absurd attempts to dramatize the LEGAL actions of the police doing their job while attempting to suggest that this is as absurd as what was in the thread topic and inferring that the DEA can just wantonly break your doors down.
    It's how they obtained the warrant that is suspect, thermal imaging is not "in plain view", which establishes probable cause correctly.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #36
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    This is FUNNY....people complaining because others are getting a FREE thermal imaging exam of your home so you know where the leaks are.
    I know a guy who has a business doing the same thing, but he charges a fee to come out and take the pics. The equipment is very expensive, or was when he started the business a few years back....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #37
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    .....because you say so. The notion that your views on the legalization of pot should be the standard for the rest of society is entertaining at best.
    Making posts that don't include any meaningful argument does not count as "energy conservation."

  8. #38
    Educator bilbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    10-22-09 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    629

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Wow. The government is wasting money finding out who's wasting heat...

    ...I bet the utility companies know ...simply by looking at who's paying the biggest bills.


    That's how a free society controls energy usage...those who use more...pay more.
    Right, but they would need to sue the utility CO for those records.
    George W. Bush is a liberal.

  9. #39
    Educator bilbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    10-22-09 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    629

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Just ask Algore.

    My goal in life is to have a larger carbon footprint than Algore.


    .
    Thats quite a goal.
    George W. Bush is a liberal.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Supreme Court Nixes Warrantless Heat-Sensor Searches, Oregon Grow-Op Case Updates Fourth Amendment to Deal With New Technologies The supreme court narrowly overturned the practice, but the fact is that is was being used.
    This does not support the false assertions that NextEra made.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It happens in America too, although they aren't using them to see who is wasting energy but who might have pot growing houses.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The simple fact of the matter is in the U.S. if someone doesn't conservate energy like everyone else, the DEA has the AUTOMATIC WARRANT right to break down the door of any house that exhibits above normal energy conservation in search of pot growing houses.

    Let's say you are a house that likes things warm for your family way above average, the DEA can break down your door legally even though you aren't growing pot.

    How's that for a free America?
    Your article doesn't support the thoughts expressed above which are nothing more than rants.

    They do require a warrant. This case argues that they need to obtain a warrant to do the heat surveillance in advance even though I am amused that the 9th Circus agreed that they did not.

    There is a vast difference between surveillance to identify law breakers and the warrants used to do such surveillance and councils in England using them to cite law abiding homeowners for energy wasting.

    NextEra is doing nothing more than his typical thread jack with his typical “I hate Amerika” rants which of course are NOT supported by facts or events.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •