Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting energy

  1. #21
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Has anyone else noticed that the less something ought to be illegal, the greater and more draconian measures law enforcement has to attempt to control it?

  2. #22
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,517
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Wow. The government is wasting money finding out who's wasting heat...

    ...I bet the utility companies know ...simply by looking at who's paying the biggest bills.


    That's how a free society controls energy usage...those who use more...pay more.
    Just ask Algore.

    My goal in life is to have a larger carbon footprint than Algore.


    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #23
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It happens in America too, although they aren't using them to see who is wasting energy but who might have pot growing houses.
    I disagree with using thermal scans for the purposes of spying on people. I want to know what happened to good old fashioned police work and credible evidence standards.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #24
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Are you just making this up on the fly? Seriously, where do you get this stuff?
    I'll back him on this, I have heard of this from other personal sources over the last couple of years, don't exactly have a link readily at hand.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Are you just making this up on the fly? Seriously, where do you get this stuff?
    Exactly what are you trying to refute? They do use thermal sensors to pick up the heat lamps used for pot growing houses. Once detected they can use that information to get a warrant. Even if you aren't growing pot, the fact that the thermal sensors pick it up is enough for a warrant.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I think it is wrong whether a council does it for energy conservation or the U.S. does it to find so called pot houses.

    The simple fact of the matter is in the U.S. if someone doesn't conservate energy like everyone else, the DEA has the AUTOMATIC WARRANT right to break down the door of any house that exhibits above normal energy conservation in search of pot growing houses.

    Let's say you are a house that likes things warm for your family way above average, the DEA can break down your door legally even though you aren't growing pot.

    How's that for a free America?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Exactly what are you trying to refute? They do use thermal sensors to pick up the heat lamps used for pot growing houses. Once detected they can use that information to get a warrant. Even if you aren't growing pot, the fact that the thermal sensors pick it up is enough for a warrant.
    Where the Hell are you getting this. Do you have any actual FACTS to back up any of these ludicrous assertions? Please, link us to ANYTHING that shows in the U.S. the government has the ability to just do random sweeps of residential districts and if your house is just not conserving energy that enough of a difference in temperature is enough to give an automatic warrant. Please. Lets see FACTS TNE or are you just spouting out complete and utter hyperbole?

    Indeed, Osiris actually provided FACTS and a LINK to back up his claim that what you're saying can happen is illegal.

    Where's your facts? Where's your link? Where's anything to back up your baseless assertions?

    Yes, they can use thermal sensors if they have legitimate reason prior to it to believe that you're house is a grow house. The issue is you've provided NO FACTUAL EVIDENCE that the thermal reading from a house that is being used to grow marijuana looks the same as a house that "just isn't conserving energy".

    Sorry, no. Targetted checks when police have reasonable cause to believe the person may be doing something illegal compared to routine non-stop flyovers to monitor possible violators are two different things.

    Not to mention that as idiotic the pot laws is, a law restricting how much electricity you can use in your home is even more idiotic.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You mean lucky enough to have law enforcement use the same means but for other purposes?
    So let me understand this; you don't know the difference between law enforcement using drones to find illegal drugs and City councils using them to fine law abiding homeowners over whacko quasi science mumbo jumbo environmentalism?

    It's quite amusing to see you assert that there is any similarity.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I think it is wrong whether a council does it for energy conservation or the U.S. does it to find so called pot houses.

    The simple fact of the matter is in the U.S. if someone doesn't conservate energy like everyone else, the DEA has the AUTOMATIC WARRANT right to break down the door of any house that exhibits above normal energy conservation in search of pot growing houses.

    Let's say you are a house that likes things warm for your family way above average, the DEA can break down your door legally even though you aren't growing pot.

    How's that for a free America?
    Besides being false, your assertion here is blatantly absurd.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the less something ought to be illegal, the greater and more draconian measures law enforcement has to attempt to control it?
    .....because you say so. The notion that your views on the legalization of pot should be the standard for the rest of society is entertaining at best.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting ener

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'll back him on this, I have heard of this from other personal sources over the last couple of years, don't exactly have a link readily at hand.
    I would love to see any evidence to suppor the absurd assertions NextEra makes.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •