Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 237

Thread: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

  1. #181
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Nope, the argument is logically sound. I don't give a crap who your hero is. It's not an American patriot, that's certain, and that's all that matters.
    Thomas Jefferson, John Adams round out the top of my list. Jefferson in particular because I love his political philosophy and mandates on the restrictions upon government. Theodore Roosevelt is up there too cause he was a bad ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I could if I could recall the number of the resolution authorizing the president to use force to remove Hussein from Iraq.

    As I told you, the Constitution doesn't define what form a "declaration of war" has to take.

    You'll get over it. The Constitution is supposed to be read carefully.

    I do that.
    Exactly, the Constitution is to be read carefully. There are declarations of war, these are official declarations. They come in one form and that is for Congress to officially declare war against another state. We have no had a declared war since WW II. The declaration is specific, and can only take that form. If it's not in the Constitution, the government doesn't have the power. So when the founders wrote that only Congress can declare war they meant that only Congress has the ability to issue a declaration against another state. Authorizing military action is not a declaration, it's a pussy move by a bunch of spineless, big government aristocrats and nothing less.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Then you can explain why you can't understand that the Constitution doesn't specify the format of the declaration of war.

    You can do that, can't you?

    I could, if I was interested enough to bother.

    Needless to say, you've lost your argument because you don't have one anymore. It's been shot out from beneath you.
    You're the one that doesn't understand. The Constitution is very specific, Congress issues Declarations of War, it doesn't specify format because it doesn't get any other format besides an official declaration, the likes have not been issued during WW II. No other format is allowed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #182
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Okay. I condemned the vandalism long ago...
    And that's all that needed to be done.

  3. #183
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Actually, my score was so high I was moved into further testing with some others who excelled as well.
    For some reason I doubt that. IF you are intelligent as you claim to be then you wouldn't be claiming the following-

    -military contracts are a back door draft
    -Its impossible to read the whole contract because they are the size of metropolitan phonebooks
    -the military is making you stay longer than your enlistment
    -stop loss is not part of the contract

    -you can be called back to service up to 8 years of your last date of service

    -Stop loss is slavery



    So either you are dumbass,you are liar and making **** up as you go along, or you are Jessie MacBeth(someone who enlisted but didn't complete basic,so he made up stories to milk pussyfist for fame).Which is it? You are on the internet posting on a public forum so anything you have previously said can be pulled up.






    First of all, there are several types of military contracts and the legality of some of them get challenged.
    What are the forms? Can you provide some examples. If I can pull up dd form 4/1 then you should be able to pull up additional contracts. You should be able to provide some numbers seeing how the military gives you a copy of everything you sign.Those forms should be it your little do not throw away packet.



    "He had already completed in June the eight years he promised to serve in the Oregon National Guard. But the Army told him in October it would reactivate him under its stop-loss rule, sending him for the first time overseas, away from his wife and family."
    Considering the desperation of the anti-war left, one has to wonder if this story is true or if this is just a clerical error that was later cleared up.




    JIM KLIMASKI: "That's what the contract says, real clear. Try it for one year, see if you like the Reserves or the National Guard, it fits with your schedule. And if you don't like at the end of one year, you are gone. However, all of those people who signed up under that program discovered that it was a fraud."


    Online NewsHour: Soldiers Challenge Military's Stop-loss Order -- February 24, 2005

    If his contract reads like everyone else's in the military then he is a fool full of **** for trying to make this claim.


    "The policy has been controversial. Republican Sen. John McCain has called it a "backdoor draft" as have many Democrats."

    Because a bunch of liberals say so then it must be true?How are you going to be running around calling me of all people a liberal and then try to cite what they say as some sort of proof? Yes I am calling a McCain a liberal, when it comes to republicans he is the worst one to try to use.That man has tossed more salad than a inmate at Rikers.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #184
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Please provide an example of any military contract having been declared 'illegal' by someone of relevance.

    Why would I need to provide that example? I never made that claim. Here is what I did say:

    "First of all, there are several types of military contracts and the legality of some of them get challenged."

    I've already provided examples of that.

  5. #185
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    Why would I need to provide that example? I never made that claim. Here is what I did say:

    "First of all, there are several types of military contracts and the legality of some of them get challenged."

    I've already provided examples of that.
    So, you admit that there are no instances of a military contract having been declared 'illegal' by someone of relevance.

    Your exception to the legality of military service contracts, and its support of your claim that stop/loss is slavery, is thus removed.

  6. #186
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    For some reason I doubt that. IF you are intelligent as you claim to be then you wouldn't be claiming the following-

    -military contracts are a back door draft
    -Its impossible to read the whole contract because they are the size of metropolitan phonebooks
    -the military is making you stay longer than your enlistment
    -stop loss is not part of the contract

    -you can be called back to service up to 8 years of your last date of service

    -Stop loss is slavery



    So either you are dumbass,you are liar and making **** up as you go along, or you are Jessie MacBeth(someone who enlisted but didn't complete basic,so he made up stories to milk pussyfist for fame).Which is it? You are on the internet posting on a public forum so anything you have previously said can be pulled up.








    What are the forms? Can you provide some examples. If I can pull up dd form 4/1 then you should be able to pull up additional contracts. You should be able to provide some numbers seeing how the military gives you a copy of everything you sign.Those forms should be it your little do not throw away packet.




    Considering the desperation of the anti-war left, one has to wonder if this story is true or if this is just a clerical error that was later cleared up.





    If his contract reads like everyone else's in the military then he is a fool full of **** for trying to make this claim.





    Because a bunch of liberals say so then it must be true?How are you going to be running around calling me of all people a liberal and then try to cite what they say as some sort of proof? Yes I am calling a McCain a liberal, when it comes to republicans he is the worst one to try to use.That man has tossed more salad than a inmate at Rikers.

    Hmm...so let's see...you re-write my posts to fit your agenda, ignore other relevent things I have said and use that to make several false accusations?


    I cited those examples of challenging the Stop Loss to show it isn't as cut and dry as some claim.


    Well, iam smart enough to not care what you think. The only thing worse than a flaming lib is a dishonest one.

  7. #187
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nice another red herring.

    Face it you are wrong. YOu were ignorant of your contract and you want to call all of us who served "slaves" because of stop-loss, when all you had to do was read your contract.

    I never said everyone who served were slaves. What is it with this constant lying? Is this the only way the pro-war crowd can discuss an issue?


    The war was not illegal. We are sovereign not subservient to the UN global socialists/.

    Never said we are subservient. But I do love how this exposes yet another hypcritical leg of the pro-war crowd. Most of you LOVE to scream how often Iraq violated UN Resolutions....so the UN is good enough to reference when it's convenient to defend the invasion but the UN is meaningless in any other respect.

    Our own Constitution states all Treaties we sign are the supreme law so when we violated our Treaty with the UN we also violated our own Constitution.

    Article 6

    "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;"
    http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A6.html


    It also violated the Nuremberg Charter (Article VI) and United Nations Charter (Article 2, Sec. 4 and Article 39) and U.N. Security Council Resolution #1441.


    Even richard perle admitted it was illegal! Lol


    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...3/1120hawk.htm


    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...elligerent.htm

    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...wilmshurst.htm

    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...916illegal.htm


    (Our former US ambassador to the UN)
    "As we have said on numerous occasions to Council members, this Resolution contains no “hidden triggers” and no “automaticity” with respect to the use of force. If there is a further Iraqi breach, reported to the Council by UNMOVIC, the IAEA, or a member state, the matter will return to the Council for discussions as required in paragraph 12."
    http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...1108usstat.htm

  8. #188
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    04-12-09 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    342

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, you admit that there are no instances of a military contract having been declared 'illegal' by someone of relevance.

    Your exception to the legality of military service contracts, and its support of your claim that stop/loss is slavery, is thus removed.
    What is this? Strawman central? I never said:

    "...there are no instances of a military contract having been declared 'illegal' by someone of relevance."


    Why ignore what I said then put words in my mouth on top of that? Blimy. My argument is Stop Loss is a form of slavery. Can you understand what that means?

  9. #189
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCore View Post
    What is this? Strawman central? I never said:
    "...there are no instances of a military contract having been declared 'illegal' by someone of relevance."
    Do you disagree with that statement?

    Blimy. My argument is Stop Loss is a form of slavery.
    Yes - and, given that all of the members of the -all volunteer- military voluntarily sign a contract that includes having their enlistmenst extended as necessary, its an argument you cannot support.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 03-25-09 at 04:04 PM.

  10. #190
    Educator bilbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    10-22-09 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    629

    Re: Marine recruiting station under attack... again

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbus View Post
    Yup, i don't think the marines would like that very much.

    I recall a story a while back when a marine caught a liberal vandalizing his car, because he had a Marines bumper sticker.

    Turns out that that fine guy was a liberal, and tried to sue him for detaining him.

    Er, i mean turns out he was a lawyer
    George W. Bush is a liberal.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •