Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Trade barriers rise due to recession

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    The basics of the economy are sound.
    The basics of the economic system are sound and have proven themselves better then the alternatives for longer then anyone here has been alive.

    To radically "change" society and the economic system because of a downturn would be as stupid today as it would have been following the Depression.



    The hate the rich crap is just dumb.
    Last edited by Triad; 03-24-09 at 04:38 AM.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread, as usual.
    Thanks for adding absolutely NOTHING but your typical whiney babble as usual.


  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    By that argument we should allow companies to outsource to any where that practices slavery. Imagine how much money we could save if Hasbro and NIKE only had to pay for the food,clothes and roof over the head of their "workers" if they could buy slaves.
    Besides,where things 5 times more expensive before NAFTA and world trade? Besides I am not going to shed a tear because we decide to make it less profitable to exploit people in 3rd countries and people in communist countries with dirt cheap wages.Labor is only small piece of the price.



    What do we export other than jobs? Oh no China won't allow us to export any more manufacturing jobs to them.


    Amazing how some people can sit there and pretend to be conservative and pretend to be pro-American when do everything you can to allow American jobs to be flushed down the toilet. Being patriotic is more than just waiving a flag and claiming you support the troops.
    There's a reason companies run to other countries to manufacture goods that the consumer can afford and willing to pay for.

    It is we and the vast incomprehensible red tape, regulations, requirements and unreasonable UNION contracts that make earning a profit for one's investment nearly impossible.

    The American consumer talks through their wallets and they are saying they are unwilling to pay the costs of American made goods. You want to bring manufacturing back? Then talk to your legislators and elect those who are the OPPOSITE of the raving lunatics currently in control of our Congress and Senate today.

    All the ranting, raging and protectionism won't change things or make them any better.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    There's a reason companies run to other countries to manufacture goods that the consumer can afford and willing to pay for.

    It is we and the vast incomprehensible red tape, regulations, requirements and unreasonable UNION contracts that make earning a profit for one's investment nearly impossible. .
    Are the Unions responsible for the Cadillac Cimeron?

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Are the Unions responsible for the Cadillac Cimeron?
    You'll have to go beyond vague questions and attempt to clearly spell out your argument if you want to have a discussion on whether Unions are responsible for the Cadillac Cimeron.

    Frankly I am at a loss what your point is supposed to be, as usual.

    Carry on.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You'll have to go beyond vague questions and attempt to clearly spell out your argument if you want to have a discussion on whether Unions are responsible for the Cadillac Cimeron.

    Frankly I am at a loss what your point is supposed to be, as usual.

    Carry on.
    It was a poorly designed Chevy meant for a lower end market that the execs at GM decided to slap a Cadillac emblem on. In the end the Cimeron severely injured Cadillacs' brand image resulting in slower sales for Cadillac. It took years for Cadillac to repair its brand image.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It was a poorly designed Chevy meant for a lower end market that the execs at GM decided to slap a Cadillac emblem on. In the end the Cimeron severely injured Cadillacs' brand image resulting in slower sales for Cadillac. It took years for Cadillac to repair its brand image.
    I am still at a loss how this has anything to do with the following comment you responded to:

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    There's a reason companies run to other countries to manufacture goods that the consumer can afford and willing to pay for.

    It is we and the vast incomprehensible red tape, regulations, requirements and unreasonable UNION contracts that make earning a profit for one's investment nearly impossible.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am still at a loss how this has anything to do with the following comment you responded to:

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    There's a reason companies run to other countries to manufacture goods that the consumer can afford and willing to pay for.

    It is we and the vast incomprehensible red tape, regulations, requirements and unreasonable UNION contracts that make earning a profit for one's investment nearly impossible.
    You are at a loss for a lot TD

    Again *plonk*

  9. #29
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Are the Unions responsible for the Cadillac Cimeron?
    The Cimmaron has nothing to do with why companies run to other countries to manufacture goods that the consumer can afford and is willing to pay for.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Trade barriers rise due to recession

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You are at a loss for a lot TD

    Again *plonk*
    I see; so you didn't have a coherent point you just wanted to ramble incoherently and then take a cheap shot at me.

    Carry on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •