Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 129

Thread: Water not recognized as a human right

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Seriously think about the question...


    There is a drought, relistically only 40% of the local population can quench there thirst. (like in africa with some of thoughs droughts)


    If one lives where there is not enough water. How does one exercise thier "right" to water?

  2. #82
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    I'd thank you Jerry, But I dispise Glock.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #83
    Student thabigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    205

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    I am sure most water isn't even wasted by people drinking it, most water is probably used in toilets, showers, sprinklers and other things that use gallons and gallons of the stuff wastefully. California is probably on average with the whole US with water consumption per household, it is just they have so many households in general and such lack of water, that maybe instead of asking for water in other areas of United States, they should limit even more the use of sprinkler water and how much water can go to each house. Have a water meter, and when you are running dangerously low a person comes to your house to explain to you the importance of conserving your water and ask what you are doing wrong to waste the stuff.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Quote Originally Posted by thabigred View Post
    I am sure most water isn't even wasted by people drinking it, most water is probably used in toilets, showers, sprinklers and other things that use gallons and gallons of the stuff wastefully. California is probably on average with the whole US with water consumption per household, it is just they have so many households in general and such lack of water, that maybe instead of asking for water in other areas of United States, they should limit even more the use of sprinkler water and how much water can go to each house. Have a water meter, and when you are running dangerously low a person comes to your house to explain to you the importance of conserving your water and ask what you are doing wrong to waste the stuff.
    So much water goes to waste on grass and front lawns.

    I don't understand the draw of watering grass, it seems to be an exercise in futility.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I'd thank you Jerry, But I dispise Glock.
    My bad...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    If one lives where there is not enough water. How does one exercise thier "right" to water?
    Last edited by Jerry; 03-25-09 at 03:09 PM.

  6. #86
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Everyone has a right to have access to air. See what happens if you deny someone their access to air. You get charged with murder. Air is is pretty much easily accessed from everywhere and therefore it is not a commodity anywhere.

    Water, on the other hand, is something everyone has a right to access, but since it is not like air, and cannot be accessed everywhere, that access may be hindered by the choices of the people. If one wants unhindered access to water, they must CHOOSE to live by a lake, stream, river, or place where they can dig themselves a productive well.

    But if you want someone to bring water to you so that you have easy access, regardless of where you live, then that is not a right, and water then becomes a commodity.

  7. #87
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    But if you want someone to bring water to you so that you have easy access, regardless of where you live, then that is not a right, and water then becomes a commodity.
    Too many people equate having a right to x means that they have a right to have x provided to them w/o having to pay for it.

    Except when x = guns, of course.

  8. #88
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Too many people equate having a right to x means that they have a right to have x provided to them w/o having to pay for it.

    Except when x = guns, of course.
    Therein lies the problem. People don't realize that they almost always have a choice in matters. If I want unfettered access to free water, I could easily walk over to the river near my house with some tubs, purify, filter and boil the water, and bam, loads of fresh water for me. If I want it to come form my tap, I gotta pay.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Everyone has a right to have access to air. See what happens if you deny someone their access to air. You get charged with murder.
    What is this nonsense?

    No no, if my kid and I are out on a boat in the ocean, and I decide that my kid is inconvenient and so kick him off, and he looses his access to air when he goes under water, it's not my fault he drowned.

    His relationship to me and my boat was parasitic anyway, and since it's my boat, it's my choice.

    Honestly, Tucker, I thought you were Pro-Choice. I guess I was wrong.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Water not recognized as a human right

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    What is this nonsense?

    No no, if my kid and I are out on a boat in the ocean, and I decide that my kid is inconvenient and so kick him off, and he looses his access to air when he goes under water, it's not my fault he drowned.

    His relationship to me and my boat was parasitic anyway, and since it's my boat, it's my choice.

    Honestly, Tucker, I thought you were Pro-Choice. I guess I was wrong.
    The difference is your kid is not parasitic as you can give him to someone else.

    Someone the is pregnant cannot hand off the kid to someone else.

    Your stupid analysis is noted and noted as idiotic as a religious whore.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •