Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 127

Thread: Obama sorry for disability remark

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,808
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    you mean like Terri Schiavo, Jessica Lynch, Gay marriage, abortion, the "war on Christmas" or flag burning?
    What part of "every other administration" did you not ****ing understand? And just so you get your facts straight, the gay marriage issue was not initiated from the WH, nor was murder, errr I mean abortion, nor was the war on Christmas. But it was a nice try, wait, who am I kidding, it was a pathetic try, but we've come to expect that.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #12
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    God forbid the man show a sense of humor
    You actually found that funny?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #13
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Are you really denying that the Clinton administration, like every other administration, tried to focus people's attention elsewhere from serious issues with bull**** similar to this, or are you just in denial?
    They even made a movie about it... remember 'Wag the Dog?'


  4. #14
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    I agree that PC language and all this useless apologizing is ridiculous. However, liberals are the ones who pushed these crazy rules on us, and they (especially their leader) should be adhering to what THEY exserted. Sucks when you're bit by the dog you trained to bite, doesn't it?

    In other news ....


    Palin Hits Obama on 'Special Olympics' Joke - Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot on National Review Online
    She's just pissed because someone had to explain the joke to her.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #15
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    I'm with you. PC has run amok. The movie PCU (a classic BTW) touched on how ridiculous all of it is and how much time we waste fighting for worthless causes when we should just thicken our skin a little bit.
    I can agree with you here. His apology was unfortunately required or it would rule the news cycles and the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    The mistake Obama made was going on Leno in the first place. Had he not tried to score some points with the mindless neanderthals of this country (the main purpose behind going on the show) by going on Leno in the first place, this would be a non-issue as it wouldn't have happened. The timing and the format was uncalled for as the leader of the free world. It seems to me that if Obama worked half as hard looking Presidential as he does trying to score PR points with the brain dead in this country, half the threads on this board wouldn't exist.

    Just two examples of what I'm talking about are the Leno appearance and his NCAA Tournament picks. WTF does this have to do with being the POTUS? That's right - absolutely nothing! He's not campaigning anymore, he won. He needs to stop with the theatrics and focus on the job at hand. The next Presidential election is more than 3 1/2 years away, save this bull**** for then, not now. We don't need this kind of crap at this point in our history, we need a leader. Despite my ideological differences, he needs to act like the person he is supposed to be. And for the record, I'd have a big problem with this no matter who it is in the WH, so don't think I'm just picking on Obama because that couldn't be any further from the truth.
    I disagree here. I think he is campaigning. I think other Presidents have campaigned their whole first term. Keep in mind that there are midterm elections that he may be considering too. I'm not saying it's right, but it is the reality. George H. W. Bush and Jimmy Carter may have been the only two to recently not have campaigned their whole first term, and it was their last term. I can understand your desire to make this stuff wait as we have serious business to attend to currently. An hour or two out of his day that this took isn't that big of a deal to me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #16
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    She's just pissed because someone had to explain the joke to her.
    Ouch. I hope you'll admit it when she proves you wrong. And she will.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  7. #17
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Honest thought....

    I hate how Political Correct, PR focused, media prevelent we've became. Obama made an admittedly stupid but not hurtful or attacking comment that I'd say a great number of Americans have made or made something akin to it. The fact he has to come out and issue an "apology" because some idiots took it as a serious attack or they got their feeligns hurt is idoitic and is just another symptom of our PC society that is just looking and hoping for ways to be offended and insulted.
    I'll agree but the President is held to a different standard.
    All Presidents.
    Especially a Democrat, as they demand sensitivity from others.

    Think if Bush uttered this?
    Holy smokes... the indignation coming from the left...
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    you mean like Terri Schiavo, Jessica Lynch, Gay marriage, abortion, the "war on Christmas" or flag burning?
    He did say "Every administration". And seriously.....are you HONESTLY comparing Gay Marriage, Abortion, Flag Burning, and the Right to Die to NCAA Brackets and Jay Leno? Even if they're pointless and stupid issues to you you can't seriously tell me you can't see how they're POLITICAL issues. What exactly is the political issue of attending Jay Leno or going on ESPN to give out your NCAA bracket?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer
    I'll agree but the President is held to a different standard.
    All Presidents.
    Especially a Democrat, as they demand sensitivity from others.
    So Zimmer...you have no issue when Liberals rail against Conservatives that cheat on their wives or have homosexual double lives but don't rail against their own because Conservatives should be held to a higher standard because they demand greater morals than others? I mean, shouldn't congressmen and senators be held to higher standards than a normal person?

  9. #19
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So Zimmer...you have no issue when Liberals rail against Conservatives that cheat on their wives or have homosexual double lives but don't rail against their own because Conservatives should be held to a higher standard because they demand greater morals than others? I mean, shouldn't congressmen and senators be held to higher standards than a normal person?
    What I meant is the President is held to a higher standard than the average citizen.

    I didn't include others that would also qualify as the initial thread was focused on Obama.
    Sorry for sticking to the OP and your follow-up... LOL.

    Yes, our representatives should be held to higher standards too.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Obama sorry for disability remark

    .....like nobody has ever made fun of retarded people.....honestly?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •