Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 157

Thread: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    nonsense.... please focus. Bush is not the president.
    Please focus, there is a comparison of inciting riots that YOU brought up, therefore the comparison is fair game. Don't like it, don't bring it up and go run away.

    Otherwise it stands Bush incited those riots using your logic and should be jailed.

  2. #42
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    There's a difference between being legally responsible and simply being responsible. Obviously, nothing that anyone in Congress did constitutes inciting to violence under the law. However, it's pretty obvious that a lot of people stirred up a lot of **** against these people for political reasons.

    If someone ends up getting killed after a politician demonized them and then released their name to the public, I would certainly consider that politician to be at least partially responsible.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post


    They created this mess, then riled up the crowd.


    l:

    They created the mess? LOL. There is more then blame to go around for AIGs downfall

  4. #44
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,287

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Please focus, there is a comparison of inciting riots that YOU brought up, therefore the comparison is fair game. Don't like it, don't bring it up and go run away.

    Otherwise it stands Bush incited those riots using your logic and should be jailed.



    oh boy, there is always "that guy", i guess you are gonna be him.....



    look, you want to excuse the abhorrent behavior of your party by bring up a rediculous strawman, thats fine, just don't think obnoxious responses are gonna get me to play.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    There's a difference between being legally responsible and simply being responsible. Obviously, nothing that anyone in Congress did constitutes inciting to violence under the law. However, it's pretty obvious that a lot of people stirred up a lot of **** against these people for political reasons.

    If someone ends up getting killed after a politician demonized them and then released their name to the public, I would certainly consider that politician to be at least partially responsible.
    I don't I hold personal responsibility to the person making the death threats.

    I was pissed at the Bush adminisrtation much of the 8 years, I didn't go making death threats to Bush.

    Where is the personal responsibility?

  6. #46
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,287

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    They created the mess? LOL. There is more then blame to go around for AIGs downfall



    they created the bonus mess by writing a requirment to pay them into it then playing stupid about it.


    AIG ran the company into the ground, dodd, and the obama admin, secured thier bonuses.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    oh boy, there is always "that guy", i guess you are gonna be him.....



    look, you want to excuse the abhorrent behavior of your party by bring up a rediculous strawman, thats fine, just don't think obnoxious responses are gonna get me to play.
    I didn't excuse the death threats, so try again. You are the one making silly accusations that the government incited riots, that is what is ridiculous.

  8. #48
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,287

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I didn't excuse the death threats, so try again. You are the one making silly accusations that the government incited riots, that is what is ridiculous.



    you are making excuses for dodd and the obama admin with your line of thought.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #49
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I don't I hold personal responsibility to the person making the death threats.

    I was pissed at the Bush adminisrtation much of the 8 years, I didn't go making death threats to Bush.

    Where is the personal responsibility?
    Do you understand that it's possible for more than one person to be responsible for something?

    Obviously, the person doing the action bears the most responsibility. However, the person who made it possible for that person to act bears some responsibility as well.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Do you understand that it's possible for more than one person to be responsible for something?
    Yes, I do, but in this case sorry I don't see it.

    These idiots made death threats, that's on them and noone else.
    otherwise you would have to hold the government responsible for EVERY riot that has occured do to it's decisions, the Iraq War, Bosnia, etc.

    I don't hold accountable the government for people acting like idiots.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 03-20-09 at 04:13 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •