Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 157

Thread: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Dodd on behalf of Obama's admin wrote in protection of these bonuses then riled up the public against them.


    They share some of the blame.
    No, they don't share the blame for idiots threatening people's lives.

    Sorry, but that is called personal responsibility. These people weren't FORCED to go out and threaten people's lives were they?

  2. #132
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, they don't share the blame for idiots threatening people's lives.

    Blaming The One will not be tolerated. Got it.



    Sorry, but that is called personal responsibility. These people weren't FORCED to go out and threaten people's lives were they?

    No they weren't and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, incitement of idiots is a cause for culpability. Sorry you don't see lying to incite a crowd as anything worthy of blame.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, they don't share the blame for idiots threatening people's lives.

    Sorry, but that is called personal responsibility. These people weren't FORCED to go out and threaten people's lives were they?
    No, but they were incited. Anyone who has the first clue about social interaction on a large scale understands that laws against inciting violence are there for a reason.

    You do understand social interaction and the role of government in it, don't you?

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Blaming The One will not be tolerated. Got it.
    Yeah Obama made these people threaten others lives right? Gimme a break.

    The fact you blame Obama for people threatening others is laughable. I've criticized Obama for many things, but this isn't one of them as he isn't at fault for others being stupid and going out threatening people's lives.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No they weren't and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, incitement of idiots is a cause for culpability. Sorry you don't see lying to incite a crowd as anything worthy of blame.
    There was no incitement. If you think differently try and charge this administration with the crime of incitement and let me know how it goes ok?

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No they weren't and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, incitement of idiots is a cause for culpability. Sorry you don't see lying to incite a crowd as anything worthy of blame.
    Whether he believes it or even understands the concept is irrelevant. Laws are written to address exactly what we've been discussing in this thread.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, but they were incited. Anyone who has the first clue about social interaction on a large scale understands that laws against inciting violence are there for a reason.

    You do understand social interaction and the role of government in it, don't you?
    Well as I told Rev, go out and charge Obama and the administration with incitement and find out how that goes. Until then, sorry it wasn't incitement, it was idiots being stupid and threatening people's lives.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Whether he believes it or even understands the concept is irrelevant. Laws are written to address exactly what we've been discussing in this thread.
    Well then charge the administration with the crime of incitement and see how that goes. LOL put up or shut up.

  8. #138
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah Obama made these people threaten others lives right? Gimme a break.

    Did I say that? FAIL

    The fact you blame Obama for people threatening others is laughable. I've criticized Obama for many things, but this isn't one of them as he isn't at fault for others being stupid and going out threatening people's lives.
    strawman...... FAIL!



    There was no incitement. If you think differently try and charge this administration with the crime of incitement and let me know how it goes ok?

    Fallacy: Appeal to Ridicule FAIL
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well as I told Rev, go out and charge Obama and the administration with incitement and find out how that goes. Until then, sorry it wasn't incitement, it was idiots being stupid and threatening people's lives.
    If I were a prosecutor and if that would assist you in getting over your obtuse denial of fact, then I would be happy to oblige. In the meantime, I will just have to be content to laugh at how delusional you are.

  10. #140
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: A.I.G. executives face scorn, even at their homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well then charge the administration with the crime of incitement and see how that goes. LOL put up or shut up.


    Once again when beat intellectually, TNE resorts to this sort of extremist logic and other nonsense.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •