Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 120

Thread: Obama calls for new start with Iran

  1. #41
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    It's ironic that you don't find your incessant whines about partisanship on a political debate forum equally hilarious.

    Do you even get it? Do you think that one can have POLITICAL debates without PARTISANSHIP?

    Your selective outrage about partisanship are trite and amusing.
    It's okay, I know you guys don't like to be called out on your Chicken Little mentality.

    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If memory sereves me right it was Bush 43 thaat said shove it to Iran unlike Reagan who traded arms with them. Carter said shove to Iran aswell IMO with good reason. What good reason exists to tell Iran to shove it? The hostage crisis was over 25 yrs ago.
    What does this have to do with my comment?

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    If memory serves me right, the Iranian response was the same one Bush got; "shove it!"


    What history do you read that suggests that Reagan was the ONLY one who traded arms with Iran? That history goes back to the 1950's and was a direct result of Soviet Communist attempts to support the regimes of Iraq, Syria and Egypt and institute Communism into the Middle East.

    What history do you read that suggests Carter told Iran to "shove it"? Do you have anything specific and factual to support this claim?

    Once more we see your propensity to wander OFF the topic and into the typical distorted history we see from people who desperately attempt to support misguided Liberal foreign policy.

    If we look back at history, we see that Democrats always seem to be in charge when wars started; WWI, WWII, the Korean War and Vietnam Wars all started with Democrats in charge. Why is that?

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    It's okay, I know you guys don't like to be called out on your Chicken Little mentality.

    You call people out? What an interesting yet trite notion. The only thing you incessantly call out is your inane assertions that facts are somehow "right wing partisanship."

    Facts apparently are NOT your friend much like it is desperately avoided by your "Liberal" friends.

    Carry on; I look forward to more of your trite child like notions about the evils of "right wing" partisanship while selectively ignoring the "left wing" variety.

    By the way just for edification, who did you vote for?


  4. #44
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You call people out? What an interesting yet trite notion. The only thing you incessantly call out is your inane assertions that facts are somehow "right wing partisanship."

    Facts apparently are NOT your friend much like it is desperately avoided by your "Liberal" friends.

    Carry on; I look forward to more of your trite child like notions about the evils of "right wing" partisanship while selectively ignoring the "left wing" variety.
    Facts? Go look at the 1st page of this thread. Hellhound, Goobieman, Zimmer.. All doing the Chicken Little dance. Sorry you missed it.

    By the way just for edification, who did you vote for?
    Ron Paul.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #45
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Facts? Go look at the 1st page of this thread. Hellhound, Goobieman, Zimmer.. All doing the Chicken Little dance. Sorry you missed it.

    Ron Paul.


    What chicken little dance? quote me.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #46
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What chicken little dance? quote me.
    Here are the quotes I found amusing.. A lot of them were pretty defeatist.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    On the 1 to 10 MORON SCALE... this is a 9.

    Why?
    Because these folks see this as a signal of absolute weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is a dumb move.

    hooray iranian nukes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes... and every moment of conversation is a moment closer to a nuclear-capable Iran; once that point is reached, the conversation is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Obama by this act told Iran they won.

    Its Obam admitting the 'west" or at the very least the USA under him..is emtpy adn bendaable to Irans will.

    Threaten and you will get what you desire out of Obama.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #47
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What does this have to do with my comment?

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    If memory serves me right, the Iranian response was the same one Bush got; "shove it!"


    What history do you read that suggests that Reagan was the ONLY one who traded arms with Iran? That history goes back to the 1950's and was a direct result of Soviet Communist attempts to support the regimes of Iraq, Syria and Egypt and institute Communism into the Middle East.

    What history do you read that suggests Carter told Iran to "shove it"? Do you have anything specific and factual to support this claim?

    Once more we see your propensity to wander OFF the topic and into the typical distorted history we see from people who desperately attempt to support misguided Liberal foreign policy.

    If we look back at history, we see that Democrats always seem to be in charge when wars started; WWI, WWII, the Korean War and Vietnam Wars all started with Democrats in charge. Why is that?
    That bolded bit. Carter sent a letter to Khomeini Duck, it is supposed to be something quite the opposite of "shove it".
    He won't release it.

    Iranians Say Carter Asked to Aid Hostages - The New York Times

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Facts? Go look at the 1st page of this thread. Hellhound, Goobieman, Zimmer.. All doing the Chicken Little dance. Sorry you missed it.
    So you think equating the current recession as equal to the "great depression" isn't “chicken little” and an attempt to fear monger in an effort to promote a Liberal agenda that is sinking this nation into a 9.3 trillion deficit for the next nine years?

    You have a funny definition of the term; but this can be explained by your "selective" outrage at those on the "right."

    Carry on.

  9. #49
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Here are the quotes I found amusing.. A lot of them were pretty defeatist.
    Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    On the 1 to 10 MORON SCALE... this is a 9.

    Why?
    Because these folks see this as a signal of absolute weakness.
    I take it as an honor that you only gave my quote a 1 to 10 rating.

    My reasoning is based on history.
    Begging is weakness.
    Obama did nothing.
    In fact, they pissed all over his olive branch.
    "Death to America" was chanted as the bearded guy was speaking.
    THAT WAS THE MESSAGE... "DEATH TO AMERICA"

    Here is a segment from a Presidential Brief to Ronald Reagan.
    I think the logic is quite good considering the guy who wrote it knows the area, it's history and its customs... cold.

    You might want to reverse that rating.
    I'd say a 10 is fair.

    And what is so "moronic" about my "absolute weakness" statement?

    In this absurd
    sequence of events, we compromised our principles and displayed a policy of
    accommodation that was perceived in Iran and the rest of the world as weakness
    .
    Each concession made to these criminals, without getting anything in return, has
    only whetted their appetite and caused them to raise the ante. We have gone from
    dispatching Ramsey Clark, beseeching Kurt Waldheim, embracing Valerian Cappuci to
    involving all sorts of unpredictable and risky third party amateurs. We have been
    grasping at straws, practicing capitulation and compromise in a futile attempt to appease
    enraged outlaws
    .
    As any competent negotiator, leader, politician or consumer knows, in order to get
    anyone to negotiate with you in good faith they must believe that you can, and just might,
    bring about intended effects, which they perceive might help them or hurt them.
    9
    Neither a potential seller, nor the current Iranian Regime, will change their
    negotiating posture unless they understand that we are capable of giving them something
    that they want
    ,
    Obama was only grasping at straws.
    AND USED THE BIGGEST STRAW FIRST.
    He looks weak to them.
    To those in the region.

    Does "DEATH TO AMERICA" when their leader is speaking mean anything?

    Iranian Bugs:
    Errr ahhh... What's up Doc?
    What a ya gonna give me Big Guy?

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-23-09 at 03:16 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #50
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    In all honesty I never thought Obama was going to take Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran off the table. I mean come on, look at the people the SOB surrounds himself with. Hillary being SoS is one big reason Obama wouldn't take war off the table. Its all smoke and mirrors to appease anti-war liberals and to say "Hey I tried". Mark my words, if Obama is a one term president he will push for war before he leaves.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •