Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120

Thread: Obama calls for new start with Iran

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Again I ask, how is what he said "liberal"? You must have missed that part of my post...
    His whole position is liberal.

    What he said is mostly irrelevant. The content of his post is very much left-sided.

    I am sorry you are not able to see that.


  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    As the new President of the U.S. it is wise to take this kind of initiative instead of assuming that past rhetoric still stands, but I'm wondering what Obama will suggest if Iran does continue making threats.
    IF Iran continues making threats? It is a guarantee they will continue their support of terrorism and march to nuclear armament. But I am sure the Community Organizer will continue to talk them to death.

    Meanwhile, their march to nuclear missiles continues unabated with a United Nations and Community Organization of the United States unwilling to do anything more than say; "this time we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY mean it gosh darned it."

    It is hardly surprising that everyone in the world, even the smallest and most unarmed nations laugh at UN sanctions and resolutions. They know there is NO one who is willing to enforce them, especially now that Obama has turned the US over to the UN and into the Community Organization of the United States.

    Carry on.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    His whole position is liberal.

    What he said is mostly irrelevant. The content of his post is very much left-sided.

    I am sorry you are not able to see that.

    That's because my vision only works in reality.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    IF Iran continues making threats? It is a guarantee they will continue their support of terrorism and march to nuclear armament. But I am sure the Community Organizer will continue to talk them to death.

    Meanwhile, their march to nuclear missiles continues unabated with a United Nations and Community Organization of the United States unwilling to do anything more than say; "this time we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY mean it gosh darned it."

    It is hardly surprising that everyone in the world, even the smallest and most unarmed nations laugh at UN sanctions and resolutions. They know there is NO one who is willing to enforce them, especially now that Obama has turned the US over to the UN and into the Community Organization of the United States.

    Carry on.
    Can't you say anything that isn't bold faced hyperbole?

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    That's because my vision only works in reality.
    Liberal reality maybe.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Can't you say anything that isn't bold faced hyperbole?
    Obviously, and based on the mythical quality of many of your posts, you have no concept of what hyperbole means, therefore you abuse the term.

    What part of my post is not based in FACT and REALITY? And please, don't use your typical projections, hyperbole and demagoguery; in other words, for once in your life be intellectually honest.



    Main Entry: hyperbole hI-!pur-bu-(+)lE
    Pronunciation: \ hī-ˈpər-bə-(ˌ)lē \
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin, from Greek hyperbolē excess, hyperbole, hyperbola, from hyperballein to exceed, from hyper- + ballein to throw - More at - devil
    Date: 15th century
    Results
    15th century extravagant exaggeration (as “mile-high ice-cream cones”)

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    That's because my vision only works in reality.
    Oh my, this is truly a

    Just for fun, why don't you clarify what your vision is and how it relates to reality?

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Oh my, this is truly a

    Just for fun, why don't you clarify what your vision is and how it relates to reality?
    Don't encourage him!


  9. #119
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Liberal reality maybe.
    My post was not "liberal". I merely said that it would be easier to debate you if your posts made sense. This isn't a partisan issue, stop trying to make it one.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Obviously, and based on the mythical quality of many of your posts, you have no concept of what hyperbole means, therefore you abuse the term.

    What part of my post is not based in FACT and REALITY? And please, don't use your typical projections, hyperbole and demagoguery; in other words, for once in your life be intellectually honest.



    Main Entry: hyperbole hI-!pur-bu-(+)lE
    Pronunciation: \ hī-ˈpər-bə-(ˌ)lē \
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin, from Greek hyperbolē excess, hyperbole, hyperbola, from hyperballein to exceed, from hyper- + ballein to throw - More at - devil
    Date: 15th century
    Results
    15th century extravagant exaggeration (as “mile-high ice-cream cones”)
    All of it. Unless you can prove that:
    I am sure the Community Organizer will continue to talk them to death.
    Hyperbole.

    Meanwhile, their march to nuclear missiles continues unabated with a United Nations and Community Organization of the United States unwilling to do anything more than say; "this time we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY mean it gosh darned it."
    Hyperbole

    It is hardly surprising that everyone in the world, even the smallest and most unarmed nations laugh at UN sanctions and resolutions. They know there is NO one who is willing to enforce them, especially now that Obama has turned the US over to the UN and into the Community Organization of the United States.
    hy·per·bo·le (h-pűrb-l)
    n.
    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
    [Latin hyperbol, from Greek huperbol, excess, from huperballein, to exceed : huper, beyond; see hyper- + ballein, to throw; see gwel- in Indo-European roots.]

    The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
    hyperbole [hie-per-bol-ee]
    Noun
    a deliberate exaggeration of speech or writing used for effect, such as he embraced her a thousand times [Greek huper over + ballein to throw]

    Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006
    hyperbole
    1. an obvious and intentional exaggeration.
    2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally,
    as “She’s as big as a house.” Cf. litotes. — hyperbolic, adj.


Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •