Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 120

Thread: Obama calls for new start with Iran

  1. #101
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Anybody who stands up to you and calls you on your rhetoric is guilty of ad hom?

    Get a grip man!
    It would appear that you do not know what "Ad hom" means:

    An ad hominem [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_argument"]argument[/ame], also known as argumentum ad hominem ([ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin"]Latin[/ame]: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the source making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence"]evidence[/ame] against the claim.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem]Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #102
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Connecticut, Massachusetts and Iowa.

    Can I get married somewhere that isn't cold and doesn't suck ass?
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  3. #103
    Student The Jovial One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    07-20-09 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    160

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Connecticut, Massachusetts and Iowa.

    Can I get married somewhere that isn't cold and doesn't suck ass?
    Well, I can't speak for the "suck ass" part, but as a native Iowan (Iowegian?), it gets plenty damned hot in the summer.
    When you can't win an election outside of the south or mountain west, the answer to your problems is NOT "more of the same, but LOUDER!!!"


  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    It would appear that you do not know what "Ad hom" means:

    An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the source making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim.

    Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    OH ... so when somebody attacks your retarded anti-freedomist stance their attacking you?

    I see.

    Clearly ... you are due in the forest .... for the 2009 tree hug-a-thon.

  5. #105
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Folks this is exactly why you were not supposed to vote for Obama.
    Gee, thanks for clueing us in, Oh Mighty Sage. You and George really had things under control, too bad the election had to mess up your perfect world.

  6. #106
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    OH ... so when somebody attacks your retarded anti-freedomist stance their attacking you?
    What the hell are you babbling on about? It would be much easier to engage you in discussion if you actually made sense. Oh well.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    What the hell are you babbling on about? It would be much easier to engage you in discussion if you actually made sense. Oh well.
    More liberal rhetoric.

    I make perfect sense and you would know that if you are not in total denial (Yes ... DENIAL!!! it's not just a river in Egypt any more)

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    More liberal rhetoric.

    I make perfect sense and you would know that if you are not in total denial (Yes ... DENIAL!!! it's not just a river in Egypt any more)
    How is what you quoted "liberal"? I don't see anything political in the quote. When someone attacks you instead of your argument it is an Ad Hominem attack. Obviously you have no argument so you went with dismissive tactics. Just in case you don't understand that either "More liberal rhetoric" is dismissive.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    How is what you quoted "liberal"? I don't see anything political in the quote. When someone attacks you instead of your argument it is an Ad Hominem attack. Obviously you have no argument so you went with dismissive tactics. Just in case you don't understand that either "More liberal rhetoric" is dismissive.
    My argument was perfectly sound. The previous poster called someone for "ad hom" because that posted attacked his position WITHOUT attacking him.

    This is clearly NOT ad hom and the sad part is that Egoftib knows this and is deliberately ducking.

    My post stated "So... disagreeing with your position is ad-hom?", which states the obvious fact that Egoftib was a little off the mark.

    He retorted with some mindless nonsensical bull**** because he lacked the courage to admit he was wrong.

    Now you're attacking me for calling him on his post.

    I wonder why you're doing so; however, I can see the obvious and I know a show of liberal solidarity when I see it.

    I was ducking nothing.

    In short ...

    YOU


  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Obama calls for new start with Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    My argument was perfectly sound. The previous poster called someone for "ad hom" because that posted attacked his position WITHOUT attacking him.

    This is clearly NOT ad hom and the sad part is that Egoftib knows this and is deliberately ducking.

    My post stated "So... disagreeing with your position is ad-hom?", which states the obvious fact that Egoftib was a little off the mark.

    He retorted with some mindless nonsensical bull**** because he lacked the courage to admit he was wrong.

    Now you're attacking me for calling him on his post.

    I wonder why you're doing so; however, I can see the obvious and I know a show of liberal solidarity when I see it.

    I was ducking nothing.

    In short ...

    YOU

    Again I ask, how is what he said "liberal"? You must have missed that part of my post...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •