Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijuana

  1. #21
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijua

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Good point there, which is why I said you had to already have a driving case or some other probable cause, then you ask for blood or urine. Combined with the other PC, the presence of drugs in the system reinforces the officers case. There should be documented evidence of impairment before the the urine or blood is asked for. You never make your case on the drug test results for the very reason you cited.
    Yeah, that's why you pay a lawyer to get it knocked down to reckless driving. Or you take the statuatory suspension when you refuse to give evidence against yourself. I know a guy who beat a DUI because he plead the fifth with the officer. The officer testified this which caused the case to be dismissed because in Illinois (at least at the time), the officer can't testify that he took the fifth amendment. It tainted the jury or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #22
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijua

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Yeah, that's why you pay a lawyer to get it knocked down to reckless driving. Or you take the statuatory suspension when you refuse to give evidence against yourself. I know a guy who beat a DUI because he plead the fifth with the officer. The officer testified this which caused the case to be dismissed because in Illinois (at least at the time), the officer can't testify that he took the fifth amendment. It tainted the jury or something like that.
    In Missouri we have what is called "implied consent." When you get your drivers license you agree to provide, on demand, a breath, urine, or blood sample to the requesting officer to test for the presence of intoxicants. Failure to comply is an immediate one year administrative suspension of your driving privileges.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #23
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijua

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    In Missouri we have what is called "implied consent." When you get your drivers license you agree to provide, on demand, a breath, urine, or blood sample to the requesting officer to test for the presence of intoxicants. Failure to comply is an immediate one year administrative suspension of your driving privileges.
    Yeah, Illinois has implied consent too. I don't know how long the suspension is now, it used to be six months. But, if you are guilty, you will lose it that long anyway. You might as well deny them evidence and hope for a legal technicality.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #24
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijua

    that sounds really compatible with civil liberties
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  5. #25
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijua

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    that sounds really compatible with civil liberties
    Operating a motor vehicle on roads, streets, and highways is a regulated privilege. Not a right. If you want to play you have to play by the rules. This happens to be a really good rule.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #26
    Banned cascadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In ur threads refuting ur arguments
    Last Seen
    10-28-09 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijua

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I'd like to point out to you libertarians that it was a liberal, not a libertarian or republican, that made this crucial step.

    if you'd only vote for liberals weed would be legalized a hundred times faster. But instead you waste your votes on the right.
    Slippery slope fears are always more important than actually accomplishing something.

  7. #27
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: AG Holder Signals Administration Will Relax Enforcement Policy on Medical Marijua

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I'd like to point out to you libertarians that it was a liberal, not a libertarian or republican, that made this crucial step.

    if you'd only vote for liberals weed would be legalized a hundred times faster. But instead you waste your votes on the right.
    I'd like to point out to you that I'd rather smoke pot illegally than be economically subjugated to the state. I'd like to point out to you that the left has been trying to get cigarettes and guns banned for years. I'd like to point to you that the left has been trying to get all manner of advertisements banned for years. I'd also like to point at you that the term "liberal" has been coopted by collectivist social democrats. It's a travesty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •