Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 102

Thread: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Former President George Bush refuses to attack Obama. When giving his speech in Calgary on Tuesday, Bush said that Obama deserves his silence, and deserves an opportunity to deal with our nation's problems. Bush also said that, if Obama would like any help, and if he agrees ideologically with Obama on an issue, he is willing to give it.

    I will say this right now - Thank you, Mr. President, for choosing to put partisan politics aside, and for choosing the well being of America over hackery. Rush Limbaugh could learn a thing or 100 from you. If you had been like this during your presidency, instead of the "my way or the highway" approach you ended up taking, I believe things would be much different now. But hindsight is 20/20, so I will end this post in a very simple way, by saying "Well done". And yes, you ARE a patriot, Mr. President.

    Article is here.
    Last edited by danarhea; 03-18-09 at 03:07 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Former President George Bush refuses to attack Obama. When giving his speech in Calgary on Tuesday, Bush said that Obama deserves his silence, and deserves an opportunity to deal with our nation's problems. Bush also said that, if Obama would like any help, and if he agrees ideologically with Obama on an issue, he is willing to give it.

    I will say this right now - Thank you, Mr. President, for choosing to put partisan politics aside, and for choosing the well being of America over hackery. Rush Limbaugh could learn a thing or 100 from you. If you had been like this during your presidency, instead of the "my way or the highway" approach you ended up taking, I believe things would be much different now. But hindsight is 20/20, so I will end this post in a very simple way, by saying "Well done". And yes, you ARE a patriot, Mr. President.

    Article is here.
    Ummmm....Bush won't attack Obama because it'd be like throwing stones in a glass house and then having it bounce back and hit you in your glass jaw........In other words it'd be like a coke dealer saying that the real bad guys are the guys selling weed.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-18-09 at 03:16 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #3
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Maybe he isn't informed enough to make an assessment on how Obama is doing.

    I was happy to read about this earlier today and see how he and Cheney are complete opposites right now.

  4. #4
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,421
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Maybe he isn't informed enough to make an assessment on how Obama is doing.

    I was happy to read about this earlier today and see how he and Cheney are complete opposites right now.
    No.
    You and Hatuey got it wrong.

    Before The Clintons crawled out from Little Rock's sewers, Presidents reserved comment on their new leader.

    The Clintons, still with us were an anomaly.
    I wonder if we're going to have to listen to Obama flap his gums when he gets the boot?

    Or will he exhibit some class, like Bush and those before The Clintons.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #5
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No.
    You and Hatuey got it wrong.

    Before The Clintons crawled out from Little Rock's sewers, Presidents reserved comment on their new leader.

    The Clintons, still with us were an anomaly.
    I wonder if we're going to have to listen to Obama flap his gums when he gets the boot?

    Or will he exhibit some class, like Bush and those before The Clintons.
    Bravo

    I got a chuckle out of the bold.

    You mean like the class he exibited with the British PM.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  6. #6
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No.
    You and Hatuey got it wrong.
    Like that's a surprise.

    Before The Clintons crawled out from Little Rock's sewers, Presidents reserved comment on their new leader.
    Exactly right. GWB is observing that tradition. One should expect no less.

    ]I wonder if we're going to have to listen to Obama flap his gums when he gets the boot?
    The Word of The Secular Messiah must always be heard, my brutha!

  7. #7
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No.
    You and Hatuey got it wrong.

    Before The Clintons crawled out from Little Rock's sewers, Presidents reserved comment on their new leader.

    The Clintons, still with us were an anomaly.
    I wonder if we're going to have to listen to Obama flap his gums when he gets the boot?

    Or will he exhibit some class, like Bush and those before The Clintons.
    For Bush to engage in caterwauling over the Presidency of Barack Obama would be akin to him looking in the mirror and chastising himself over his own failings. He is one of the main reasons that Obama, or at least a Democrat, is in the Oval Office right now.

    This isn't a show of class, it's a smart move because the minute he opens his mouth about Obama he is going to have his last eight years thrown in his face. He doesn't want that and neither does anyone else really, this country is in the process of trying reconcile the handy work he oversaw.

    You call it what you want, but I think he knows what a tool Todd Bridges looks like on "The Smoking Gun Presents World's Dumbest Criminals" and he simply said to himself "not for me."
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-18-09 at 03:44 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #8
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No.
    You and Hatuey got it wrong.

    Before The Clintons crawled out from Little Rock's sewers, Presidents reserved comment on their new leader.

    The Clintons, still with us were an anomaly.
    I wonder if we're going to have to listen to Obama flap his gums when he gets the boot?

    Or will he exhibit some class, like Bush and those before The Clintons.
    Oh brother. You are incapable of writing a post that isn't full of hyperpartisan anger. I feel sorry for you.

    My first sentence in my prior post in here was a joke, by the way.

    I just realized the insult you just gave to Dick Cheney. Priceless.
    Last edited by aps; 03-18-09 at 03:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Oh brother. You are incapable of writing a post that isn't full of hyperpartisan anger.
    As the desert said to the grain of sand.

  10. #10
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Bush won't join attacks on Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Like that's a surprise.


    Exactly right. GWB is observing that tradition. One should expect no less.


    The Word of The Secular Messiah must always be heard, my brutha!
    It is going to be so much fun watching you and others like you suffer for the next 4 (and hopefully 8) years like I did for the past 8 years. Karma's a bitch.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •