Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 124

Thread: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Follow Catholic teaching on the matter and marry someone who also follows the teachings--you are 100% guaranteed to be AIDS free (barring a rape or a horrible needle-stick accident)
    100%... except those exceptions... and others...

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Are you supporting their teaching, or introducing confusion by suggesting a piece of latex will keep someone "safe" while engaging in risky behaviors?
    Like wearing a seat belt while driving? Or how about putting a helmet on kids riding a bicycle...

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    It can hurt in that it gives a false sense of safety and so people engage in the risky behavior thinking "it won't happen to me!"
    Like prayer...

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's not the Catholic Church's mission to teach sex education outside of their doctrine. If other groups want to teach sex education that includes birth control and condoms, that's fine. I don't see the Catholic Church holding a gun to anyone's head and banning them from doing so.

    What the Church does do in Africa is it spends vast amounts of resources caring for people who are in a bad way while maintaining its own principles. Anyone who has a problem with them doing good work in any way they can is just being a retarded idealogue who cares more about bashing the good samaritan than he or she does about the people in need.
    Sure they are, the gun being eternity in hell.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Not everyone "gets it." Very many think that is what the Church teaches.

    In fact--if there were any way to prove it, I'd be willing to wager only a few people on these threads have a clue as to why the Church is against artificial BC--and the rest don't care. They are happy to keep flailing at the straw man because the point is to bash and have fun doing it rather than to actually LEARN something and have a more open mind to the different ways people view the world.
    Let me give it a shot. The church believes that it's gods role to determine when and if you get pregnant. Therefore, doing anything that might impede gods will must be the workings of satan. How close am I?

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You know on a continent that thinks that having unprotected sex with a virgin cures aids, perhaps abstinence teaching is not such a bad idea.
    Except that we have plenty of history and studies that show abstinence only education doesn't work.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Thanks to people who teach abstinence only.
    teaching someone something that is 100% effective when used, is making someone "uneducated." OOOokay.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    People will have sex. The primal instinct to procreate is too strong to deny.
    Bull****. people go without sex every day. I bet you know a whole lot about it.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Are you suggesting the Catholics are preventing condoms from being used? any evidence?
    Yes.

    Yes. The evidence is people who get pregnant because they prayed not to get pregnant instead of using a condom.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Let me give it a shot. The church believes that it's gods role to determine when and if you get pregnant. Therefore, doing anything that might impede gods will must be the workings of satan. How close am I?
    Wrong.

    Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •