Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 124

Thread: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

  1. #51
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I stated that?
    I suggested why we do not give them condoms for free, along with food and other medicine. How about a 'Hey, here is some protection - USE IT'

    this already happens.


    IC Publications
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,096

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    this already happens.


    IC Publications
    I think the Pope should express support for preventing Aids by endorsing Condoms, he has a massive amount of influence in certain parts of Africa


  3. #53
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I think the Pope should express support for preventing Aids by endorsing Condoms, he has a massive amount of influence in certain parts of Africa




    and if they don't they should pack up and leave africa?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,096

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    and if they don't they should pack up and leave africa?
    Who to leave Africa?


  5. #55
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Who to leave Africa?



    all catholic charities.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,096

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    all catholic charities.
    As sad as it is Reverend; i have no control over Africa.

    Tho i admit i see the Pope as part of the problem and not the solution.
    I think Christianity does alot of good in Africa
    Last edited by Laila; 03-19-09 at 08:25 AM.


  7. #57
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    As sad as it is Reverend; i have no control over Africa.

    Tho i admit i see the Pope as part of the problem and not the solution.
    I think Christianity does alot of good in Africa



    I think it is more important for some to attack the church than it is to help africa. sad really.


    if you think about what he says it makes sense. you hand out condoms, you say, go have sex. then what happens when there are no condoms? do they NOT have sex?


    I am not saying don't hand em out, what I am saying is that both arguments have there merits.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,096

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I think it is more important for some to attack the church than it is to help africa. sad really.

    if you think about what he says it makes sense. you hand out condoms, you say, go have sex. then what happens when there are no condoms? do they NOT have sex?

    I am not saying don't hand em out, what I am saying is that both arguments have there merits.
    I think Christianity does wonders in Africa but one sect is part of the problem. Besides, it's not like i have control over who comes in and out. Especially Charities.

    You teach sex should be done within a relationship but enforce and endorse Condom use, alot of Africans take the Bible seriously, it's almost scary to know how many people will not use a condom because a man in a dress said so. It's pathetic and it causes more harm than good. If a sperm don't get to make it to the ovary; who cares? Surely it is a lesser evil than having babies being born with HIV

    The Pope needs to get a slap back into reality.


  9. #59
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I think Christianity does wonders in Africa but one sect is part of the problem. Besides, it's not like i have control over who comes in and out. Especially Charities.

    You teach sex should be done within a relationship but enforce and endorse Condom use, alot of Africans take the Bible seriously, it's almost scary to know how many people will not use a condom because a man in a dress said so. It's pathetic and it causes more harm than good. If a sperm don't get to make it to the ovary; who cares? Surely it is a lesser evil than having babies being born with HIV

    The Pope needs to get a slap back into reality.



    if you think about what he says it makes sense. you hand out condoms, you say, go have sex. then what happens when there are no condoms? do they NOT have sex?



    what say you>?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,096

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    if you think about what he says it makes sense. you hand out condoms, you say, go have sex. then what happens when there are no condoms? do they NOT have sex?

    what say you?
    Make sure condoms never ran out, and i already said you teach sex should be done within a relationship but enforce and endorse Condom use


Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •