Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

  1. #91
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Yes.

    Yes. The evidence is people who get pregnant because they prayed not to get pregnant instead of using a condom.




    this is highly moronic, but expected from you.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I think it is more important for some to attack the church than it is to help africa. sad really.


    if you think about what he says it makes sense. you hand out condoms, you say, go have sex. then what happens when there are no condoms? do they NOT have sex?


    I am not saying don't hand em out, what I am saying is that both arguments have there merits.
    Are you simply ignoring that facts? On one hand the church does charity work that help the poor but on the other hand they exacerbate the very problem they are trying to help with that other hand.

    In fact, I think it might even be a conspiracy. We need more money to help the poor... don't use condoms to that there is more poor to help thereby the necessity to get more money. If every dime they collected went to helping the poor this wouldn't even seem logical but you have to consider that the church has a lot of riches to maintain...

  3. #93
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    teaching someone something that is 100% effective when used, is making someone "uneducated." OOOokay.
    Abstinence only leaves people uneducated about sex when they do decide to have it. Do you want to really try and dispute this?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    if you think about what he says it makes sense. you hand out condoms, you say, go have sex. then what happens when there are no condoms? do they NOT have sex?



    what say you>?
    There's a strawman if there ever was one. No one is saying that. They're saying, we know you are going to have sex NO MATTER WHAT so in that case use a condom and it might save your life; it might also help with your poverty issue.

  5. #95
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Are you simply ignoring that facts? On one hand the church does charity work that help the poor but on the other hand they exacerbate the very problem they are trying to help with that other hand.

    In fact, I think it might even be a conspiracy. We need more money to help the poor... don't use condoms to that there is more poor to help thereby the necessity to get more money. If every dime they collected went to helping the poor this wouldn't even seem logical but you have to consider that the church has a lot of riches to maintain...



    I don't do silly conspiracy bunk.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Abstinence only leaves people uneducated about sex when they do decide to have it. Do you want to really try and dispute this?
    As I already noted and provided a link to detailed information contrary to the straw man you and SS try to claim, the Church has very SPECIFIC and very detailed teachings concerning sex and sexuality. It's not just "don't do it." It is quite frank and very intimately detailed. Being Catholic is sexy!

  7. #97
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    There's a strawman if there ever was one. No one is saying that. They're saying, we know you are going to have sex NO MATTER WHAT so in that case use a condom and it might save your life; it might also help with your poverty issue.



    How is that a strawman? I think you need to review the definition. thanks
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Bull****. people go without sex every day. I bet you know a whole lot about it.
    People go without food every day too. You're logic is pretty bad. I guess what you are trying to say is that because there are people in the world who can do this or that, everyone should be able to, right? So let's go over the list of things you could be doing but aren't... let's start with being the becoming more wealthy than Bill Gates... Oh you don't want to be that wealthy? OK, how about you become smarter than Steven Hawking... No? Don't care to be that smart? OK, let's go with being as pious as Mother Teresa... didn't you complain about me using generalizations in another thread?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    this is highly moronic, but expected from you.
    This is highly moronic, but expected from you. Also lacking in any topical substance, again expected. And an unwarranted and unsolicited attack... again... not unexpected.

    Now you could redeem yourself by adding why it's moronic and then you could provide proof that people who pray not to become pregnant, don't get pregnant.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Pope in Africa says church must help the poor

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    People go without food every day too.
    No one died from not having sex... You're proving MY point about abstinence!

    You're logic is pretty bad. I guess what you are trying to say is that because there are people in the world who can do this or that, everyone should be able to, right? So let's go over the list of things you could be doing but aren't... let's start with being the becoming more wealthy than Bill Gates... Oh you don't want to be that wealthy? OK, how about you become smarter than Steven Hawking... No? Don't care to be that smart? OK, let's go with being as pious as Mother Teresa... didn't you complain about me using generalizations in another thread?
    Wealth and intelligence are not "behavior choices." Are you claiming that you COULDN'T--be as pious as Mother Theresa? Sure you could--you just aren't because you CHOOSE not to be.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •