Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 127

Thread: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

  1. #61
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Pelosi either, I was just illustrating that I think the term far too often gets thrown around and assigned to people just because one doesn't agree with their political views. That's just stupid to me.
    I do agree, we need to stop abusing the serious charges, but this time in my opinion someone would have a decent case for impeachment or criminal charges against the house speaker in this particular case.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #62
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    But since they have chosen to ignore this nation's laws, their asses should be marched home at bayonet point if necessary, after they've been finger-printed so we can know if they're repeat offenders. Those people can spend a couple years in jail before they go back home.
    Hopefully at hard labor... say, picking crops?

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    How are liberals deliberately trying to destroy the US?
    You're kidding me, right? It's a joke question?

    They're deliberately contravening any and all Constitutional prohibitions against what they're doing....and that means almost all of what they're doing.


    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    And treason shouldn't be used to describe it because it's a serious charge and it's up to our justice system to dole out treason charges, not hyper partisan people who post on debate forums.
    Since "treason" is the correct word, it's the word that should be used.

    Read the First Amendment sometime. It doesn't limit specific words to the government.

    Saying they're actions aren't treasonous is like saying the Rosenbergs were good Americans.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 03-19-09 at 03:52 PM.

  4. #64
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You're kidding me, right? It's a joke question?

    They're deliberately contravening any and all Constitutional prohibitions against what they're doing....and that means almost all of what they're doing.
    So all liberals are doing this? Do you have any proof to back up this assertion or more partisan rhetoric?

    Since "treason" is the correct word, it's the word that should be used.

    Read the First Amendment sometime. It doesn't limit specific words to the government.

    Saying they're actions aren't treasonous is like saying the Rosenbergs were good Americans.
    I never said that you couldn't say it. I'm saying that it amounts to nothing. Just because you say it's treason doesn't mean it actually is treason and you are not the authority on what is or isn't treason. You are a guy on a debate forum.

  5. #65
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,447
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    This is a prime example of your hyper partisanship seeping through. Guilt by association at all costs, if you are liberal you are wrong, no matter to what degree you are liberal. The term fits you perfectly.
    I asked where has socialism worked over the long haul.
    Using any definition.
    Any.

    Leftists couldn't defend socialism and then tried to attack me.
    They couldn't define it, so they couldn't defend it.

    LOL.

    It doesn't work, so why support any part of it?
    Look at what happened to us from Federal Taxation that was supposed to hit only a fraction of 1%.
    That was 1916.
    Look at us today.

    That's socialism in a nut shell.
    Starts small and expands like the Universe after the Big Bang.

    Sorry, there's been enough "bang'in".
    In direct opposition to the Consitution.
    I'm all supported out.

    A result of excess bang'in.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    So all liberals are doing this? Do you have any proof to back up this assertion or more partisan rhetoric?
    Define "liberals".

    If that definition includes any violation of the Constitution, then yes, by your definition of "liberal", they're all doing it.

    You can't define "liberal" in it's modern sense without incurring a violation of the Constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I never said that you couldn't say it.
    Actually, you did.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I'm saying that it amounts to nothing. Just because you say it's treason doesn't mean it actually is treason and you are not the authority on what is or isn't treason. You are a guy on a debate forum.
    Okay, you don't want your heros and your messiah to be called traitors.

    Can you come up with any reason why I should stop speaking the truth just because it's unflattering to your heros and your messiah?

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I asked where has socialism worked over the long haul.
    Using any definition.
    Any.

    Leftists couldn't defend socialism and then tried to attack me.
    They couldn't define it, so they couldn't defend it.

    LOL.

    It doesn't work, so why support any part of it?
    Look at what happened to us from Federal Taxation that was supposed to hit only a fraction of 1%.
    That was 1916.
    Look at us today.

    That's socialism in a nut shell.
    Starts small and expands like the Universe after the Big Bang.

    Sorry, there's been enough "bang'in".
    In direct opposition to the Consitution.
    I'm all supported out.

    A result of excess bang'in.
    Yeah. Exactly. What we need are Tax Condoms, so when the fools in the government start spending on a program we don't subscribe to, we don't have to pay taxes on it.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah. Exactly. What we need are Tax Condoms, so when the fools in the government start spending on a program we don't subscribe to, we don't have to pay taxes on it.
    As an USA citizen I fully support condom distribution.

  9. #69
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Define "liberals".

    If that definition includes any violation of the Constitution, then yes, by your definition of "liberal", they're all doing it.

    You can't define "liberal" in it's modern sense without incurring a violation of the Constitution.
    Um...I wasn't aware of the definition of liberal changing. Perhaps your perception has changed or the outspoken liberals in this country have strayed from liberalism as it is defined, but I fail to see how the meaning of a word can change when it is clearly defined the same way that it always has been.

    Actually, you did.
    No I didn't. I criticized you for saying it. There's a difference. I have as much right to criticize you as you do to say it.

    Okay, you don't want your heros and your messiah to be called traitors.
    You don't know who my heroes are. You don't even know me. All you know is the stereotype that you have about liberals and you think that I, being somewhat liberal, must fit those stereotypes. That's called ignorance.

    Can you come up with any reason why I should stop speaking the truth just because it's unflattering to your heros and your messiah?
    Obama isn't my messiah and I never said that you couldn't voice your opinion. Keep trying though.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Um...I wasn't aware of the definition of liberal changing.
    Your ignorance is typical of your kind. Don't let it bother you.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Perhaps your perception has changed or the outspoken liberals in this country have strayed from liberalism as it is defined, but I fail to see how the meaning of a word can change when it is clearly defined the same way that it always has been.
    You said you weren't aware that it's changed.

    That means you're not dealing with a full set of facts, and that means the arguments you draw from your incomplete facts is wrong.

    Since you clearly haven't read even the introduction to F.A. Hayek's The Road to Serfdom, I suggest you stop posting immediately and read that book. Beyond the obvious...it'll tell you the original meaning of the word "liberal", if you read the book it will also tell you you're on the wrong side of the original meaning of the word. So you'll have to make a choice about where you want to be.

    Krystal Nacht II is coming soon enough. You'll need to pick sides before then.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    No I didn't. I criticized you for saying it. There's a difference. I have as much right to criticize you as you do to say it.
    Yes, you can continue being wrong, and I'll continue telling the truth about what modern liberals are doing to this country, using the word "treason" since that best describes their actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    You don't know who my heroes are.
    Let me guess....Thomas Jefferson? James Madison? John Brown? Spartacus? Ayn Rand? No...

    ....you're a self-professed liberal in America in 2009. That means you admire Karl Marx, Che, Castro, Lenin, Obama, Mao, and all the rest of that ilk.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    You don't even know me. All you know is the stereotype that you have about liberals and you think that I, being somewhat liberal, must fit those stereotypes. That's called ignorance.
    It's called "experience". People who don't fit a certain broad stereotype don't accept slavery in any form, even if others spray perfume on it and call it "liberalism" today.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Obama isn't my messiah and I never said that you couldn't voice your opinion. Keep trying though.
    Who is your messiah?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 03-19-09 at 05:14 PM.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •